I Am Looking Forward To Celtics And Miami Match-up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: I Am Looking Forward To Celtics And Miami Match-up

I wouldn't consider Atlanta as advancing to round 2 just yet as some of you think. They have a 2-1 lead is all. That series is a long ways from being over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: I Am Looking Forward To Celtics And Miami Match-up:
    it will be a good series...i expect the c's to come ready in game 1 though...and win the series...it will be tough...but i just dont believe miami can beat us in a 7 game series.
    Posted by allen2034

I totally agree with you. I don't think Miami could beat Boston in a seven game series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: I Am Looking Forward To Celtics And Miami Match-up : The team you're talking about is not a championship caliber team. Trust me. They will be exposed in the second round or the finals.
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028

In their last regular season meeting the Cs had a chance to make a statement to the Heat and remind them that they are still defending eastern conference champs and the Heat embarrassed them off the floor.... so I guess you are right, they are not a championship caliber team.  I think the Cs dropped 77 on them last time they played, only thing was the Heat dropped 100 on them......

It must be a lot of fun to watch from under your rock but doesn't it get cold down there?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: I Am Looking Forward To Celtics And Miami Match-up : In their last regular season meeting the Cs had a chance to make a statement to the Heat and remind them that they are still defending eastern conference champs and the Heat embarrassed them off the floor.... so I guess you are right, they are not a championship caliber team.  I think the Cs dropped 77 on them last time they played, only thing was the Heat dropped 100 on them...... It must be a lot of fun to watch from under your rock but doesn't it get cold down there?
    Posted by TheDUDDER

you think the players not named bosh wade or james are going to drop 50 points every game? because that's the only reason they won last time

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: I Am Looking Forward To Celtics And Miami Match-up : you think the players not named bosh wade or james are going to drop 50 points every game? because that's the only reason they won last time
    Posted by teh-n00b

That is the only reason they won???????  Really?  Really?

The last 3 combined Bulls and Heat games the Cs have failed to score 80 points.  So the other team scoring more than 80 points is the only reason the Cs won.......  it is all coming clear to me now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: I Am Looking Forward To Celtics And Miami Match-up : That is the only reason they won???????  Really?  Really? The last 3 combined Bulls and Heat games the Cs have failed to score 80 points.  So the other team scoring more than 80 points is the only reason the Cs won.......  it is all coming clear to me now.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

our supporting cast contributed less than 20 points. theirs contributed 50. given the respective talents of the players involved, do you think that's likely to happen again?

I'm not talking about chicago at the moment. there's no guarantee they even make it to the conference finals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Heat won last time b/c Celtics were still in a funk... JON hadn't dusted off the rust... and even tho it was a game in the first half that little p!ssing match w/ the intentional fouls, double tech's and then a string of lucky 3's and BS fouls called on Boston turned a 5-7 point lead into an 11-13 point one.

Celtics will be ready this time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Win Game 1 in MIA, and it's over.  They will not win a game in BOS!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: I Am Looking Forward To Celtics And Miami Match-up : Brilliant!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

Yeah, Bynum's knee is hurting again- got your excuses ready?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Heat won last time b/c Celtics were still in a funk... JON hadn't dusted off the rust... and even tho it was a game in the first half that little p!ssing match w/ the intentional fouls, double tech's and then a string of lucky 3's and BS fouls called on Boston turned a 5-7 point lead into an 11-13 point one. Celtics will be ready this time.
    Posted by rameakap

I am on board now that you have explained.....

- making 3s are lucky (certainly if you are Rondo they are) - yeah I can see how making 3s is a lucky endeavor - Miller, Jones (just won the 3 point contest), Bibby, and House - that is a lot of luck.

- the refs had it out for the Cs - why won't the refs cost them more games in the next series and how come the refs have not cost them a game against the Knicks?

- and Jermaine O'Neal will be the difference......

Yesssss, I am completely on board - the last time the Cs played the Heat it was a complete abberation and not a statement game by the Heat....... crystal clear now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

3-1 vs the Heat this year.  We blew the last matchup, but they needed it more than we did............not an excuse, I hated losing it.  I just think we are better overall.  Better at 1, 5 and 4 - 2 and 3 need to break about even.  And our bench is better........................and House is in the out-house now!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Three perfomances by our starters from NY series we didn't have in the last few weeks of the season:

1. Ray on fire getting the great looks he needs and 13+ shots per game

Ray avg'd almost 14 shots per game and went 15-20 on 3's in 3 games. All he needs is to avg the same 14 shots per game vs. Miami, 7-8 of them 3's and to hit 40% of them (at least 3 a game) and avg around 20 points. When Ray hits 20 in the playoffs we are damn near undefeated.

2. Rondo being the maestro game changer

He simply gets everyone the shots they need effortlessly in the perfect time and place and has been getting big boards (almost dub his reg season reb avg).

Rondo has been an 18 point, 12 assist, 8 rebound monster vs. NY. Last year vs. cleve and LBJ he went for 20.7p 11.8a and 6.3r. If he simply does somewhere around that we will be hard to beat.

If he makes 33-38% of his shots between 14-20 feet and 75% of his FT's along w/ those type of stats.... I think we are unbeatable. PLEASE Rajon... on days where our big 3 are not hitting 50% and you are not getting the 14-17 assists then you need to score. When you are fouled make them (like 5 out of 7 every game) and when you get an open mid-range J (5-7x a game)... sink at least TWO of them.

3. Jermaine O'Neal being the defensive enforcer

In an avg of 23 mins he has given us 7 points, 3.3 reb's and 3 blocks. He has been a presence to deal w/ down low. Perk in the 4 biggest challanges we faced '08/'10 (LA 2x, Cleve 2x) was a 23 minute, 5.3 point, 5.6 reb 1.1 block guy... same stats... but he provided a presence/toughness.

JON can be Perk and more. He can and should play at the end of the game over BBD. Vs. Miami I would put JON on Bosh... the guy the Heat replaced him with, make it personal. Tell him we need 26-30 mins and just great D. If he cn give 2-3 blocks and 6-7 boards that'd be fantastic. We'd only need offense in the flow of the game (open J's, dish downs).

Bosh is going for 21.7p and 9.7r against the same aged, similar 'washed up' vet Elton Brand. JO/KG need to hold Bosh to a 16-8 in this series. Let KG play roaming safety, he can leave guys like Big Z and Anthony to double or clog the lane vs. Miami's 3 stars when it is clear they intend to shoot the rock. If that happens, 65 mins each game of vintage KG/JON, we'll be a terrifying defensive team again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

3-1 vs the Heat this year.  We blew the last matchup, but they needed it more than we did............not an excuse, I hated losing it.  I just think we are better overall.  Better at 1, 5 and 4 - 2 and 3 need to break about even.  And our bench is better........................and House is in the out-house now!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

3 and 0 with Shaq, one of which was the very first game the Heat ever played together.

The Cs blew the matchup, the Heat had nothing to do with it.  Just better overall.....next time throw something in there about how the refs cost the Cs the game...... I get it now.

Most people are already not giving the Cs much of a chance against the Heat but one has to believe.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This is my top 10 'stat' based list of things we need vs. Heat. IMO if we get 9-10 of these things we win in 5 games. 7-8 of these things, we win in 6. 5-6 of these things and it goes 7... if it goes 7 and (with one of the stats we get being #10) then I think we win.

TOP 10

1. The NYK '11/Cleve '10 Rondo (19p 12a 7r) w/ 33%+ jumpers, 72%+ FT combined with 2 trip dub's and nightly humiliations of Bibby/Chalmers

2. Ray 13+ shots per, an avg of 3+ made 3's (4+ in 4 W's), 20 ppg avg.

3. Jermaine 28-30 mins, major D presence, 5+ reb's, 2.5+ blk's, closes games w/ turn back clock agility/energy, 60% FG, 80% FT's, gets in Bosh's head

4. KG up's his reg season PER fro 20.6 to 21.5+ (he was at 23 in '08). avg a dub-dub. Bosh's PER goes down from 19.4 reb season to sub 18.5.

5. FG% of 47+ and 3FG% of 41+ for Boston with 44 or less and 38 or less for Miami along w/ better FT%.

6. Shaq plays a role, starting in AT LEAST game 2 helping the C's come home w/ the series tied 1-1 and has

7. Win the rebounding/turnover war in at least 3 games. Do NOT get outrebounded by more than 8 or commit 5 more TO's than Miami in more than 2 games.

8. Jeff Green plays greatest D of his life, 12+ mins per on LBJ, has at least one 13+ point game w/ 2 major clutch plays where we say he was the diff (like Posey game 4 vs. LA or PJ game 7 vs. Cavs in '08 and 'Sheed game 2 vs. Cavs in '10)

9. DWest, Green, Baby, Shaq and Kristic outscore Chalmers, Jones, Miller Illgauskas and Anthony in the series.

10. FAIRLY officiated games. This means NO games where LBJ/Wade combine for 5 or less personal fouls while taking more than 20 combined FT's compared to PP/Ray/Green combining for 12+ fouls but taking less than 12 FT's. This means dub tech's are fine once in awhile but no more than 1-2 game-changing 5 point swings given to Miami w/ T's and flagrants. This means refs consistantly call the charge when JON/BBD/Pierce get smashed over by LBJ.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: I Am Looking Forward To Celtics And Miami Match-up : 3 and 0 with Shaq, one of which was the very first game the Heat ever played together. The Cs blew the matchup, the Heat had nothing to do with it.  Just better overall.....next time throw something in there about how the refs cost the Cs the game...... I get it now. Most people are already not giving the Cs much of a chance against the Heat but one has to believe.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

You get NOTHING now, as usual.
    1.  I said I was upset we lost the game, and we should have played with more urgency - we didn't blow anything.  I think YOUR comments about a statement game are over blown.  A statement game would be the FIRST one in MIA - which we won
    2.  I DEFY you to find ONE post by me anywhere where I blame the refs.  I have never done that once, and you are a liar if you say otherwise.  I make no excuses when we lose, and always tip my hat to the other team.  It also bothers me when posters on here do make excuses when we lose - no excuses, the better team won. 
    3.    No one gave us much of a chance against CLE last year, OR NYK this year.  There was even a poll recently that said which team down 2-0 had the best chance of coming back.  I voted for POR, but 54% of the country voted for the Knicks........so bring it - and stop following this team PLEASE!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: I Am Looking Forward To Celtics And Miami Match-up : You get NOTHING now, as usual. 1.  I said I was upset we lost the game, and we should have played with more urgency - we didn't blow anything.  I think YOUR comments about a statement game are over blown.  A statement game would be the FIRST one in MIA - which we won 2.  I DEFY you to find ONE post by me anywhere where I blame the refs.  I have never done that once, and you are a liar if you say otherwise.  I make no excuses when we lose, and always tip my hat to the other team.  It also bothers me when posters on here do make excuses when we lose - no excuses, the better team won.  3.    No one gave us much of a chance against CLE last year, OR NYK this year.  There was even a poll recently that said which team down 2-0 had the best chance of coming back.  I voted for POR, but 54% of the country voted for the Knicks........so bring it - and stop following this team PLEASE!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

If Miami loses today while C's sweep... and then Celts return to Boston from South Beach tied 1-1... AT THAT POINT... the 3 seed will have been better than the 2 seed.

Of course if we can't win in 6 and return to South Beach tied 3-3, i won't be surprised if Miami is allowed to shoot like 20 more FT's than us, including a whopping 19 total in the 4th quarter (like game 7 LA). AT THAT POINT having to play on the road over Boston will have likely ruined our season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: I Am Looking Forward To Celtics And Miami Match-up : You get NOTHING now, as usual. 1.  I said I was upset we lost the game, and we should have played with more urgency - we didn't blow anything.  I think YOUR comments about a statement game are over blown.  A statement game would be the FIRST one in MIA - which we won 2.  I DEFY you to find ONE post by me anywhere where I blame the refs.  I have never done that once, and you are a liar if you say otherwise.  I make no excuses when we lose, and always tip my hat to the other team.  It also bothers me when posters on here do make excuses when we lose - no excuses, the better team won.  3.    No one gave us much of a chance against CLE last year, OR NYK this year.  There was even a poll recently that said which team down 2-0 had the best chance of coming back.  I voted for POR, but 54% of the country voted for the Knicks........so bring it - and stop following this team PLEASE!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

-1- comments about a statement game are overblown - well unless of course the Cs make the statement, right?

-2- I never said you said anything about the refs, I said next time why don't you - i.e. there always has to be an excuse - people cannot concede that team A loses and was beaten by team B - B being the better team so it is has to be Stern, the refs, etc.

-3- Nobody gave the Cs much of a chance against the Knicks?  I could not find one person anywhere including the so-called experts that picked the Knicks.

Bring it???????  Ever see Indiana Jones, they are chasing Indy and a guy comes out of the crowd and the starts skillfully swinging his sword and being really intimidating and thinking that he has Indy right where he wants him, Indy pulls out a gun and shoots the guy...... lesson?  don't bring a knife to a gun fight.... and in your case at least sharpen the knife once in a while.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by hedleylamarr

Let's try to get this straight once and for all - LeBron is the Heat point guard and notice to BDC he is better than Rondo.  Give me Anthony over J O'Neal every night and every day.  Bosh has really stepped up and afer not fitting in early in the season and really struggling to figure things out has had a very good quiet 18 and 10 year.  While KG has owned him in the past, I think KG has been less than what one would call special lately.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Duder, what team do you follow?  Its a no win situation with your rants.  If the Celtics win you still find an excuse.  I cant believe you are a Celtics fan based on a lot of your posts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: I Am Looking Forward To Celtics And Miami Match-up : In their last regular season meeting the Cs had a chance to make a statement to the Heat and remind them that they are still defending eastern conference champs and the Heat embarrassed them off the floor.... so I guess you are right, they are not a championship caliber team.  I think the Cs dropped 77 on them last time they played, only thing was the Heat dropped 100 on them...... It must be a lot of fun to watch from under your rock but doesn't it get cold down there?
    Posted by TheDUDDER

In case you 4get, it's playoff time. Regular season is all over with.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Win Game 1 in MIA, and it's over.  They will not win a game in BOS!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

I am with you, man.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Man the knicks are done.  Our team has been there and dont that.  Without Chauncey( a playoff vet)  this will team lay down....They will ask themselves if they can win 4 straight and say...naaaaah, lets mail it in.  We have arrived in the playoffs, and after that win, people want to give knicks a win?!  not me....not looking forward....but I know this team...they are gonna come out focused and after N.Y.'s initial push, the C's will go up again on them ans they will fold like a lawn chair.  The team last night is the one I expect to see from hear on out...we will blow out everyone?, no...but those 1st 2 games are way behind us People are saying its not a big deal cuz the knicks are missing players, this and that, yet still say we should be worried about them...I dont get it...we are just fans...Im sticking to the sweep...I cant believe you guys forgot what this team is made of.  I bet the heat were watching last night, worried.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

And the Heat are even more worried now....they play good individual defense, Wade and Bronny but Bosh does not,...their problem is their team defense is weak and Ray is gonna expose them....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: I Am Looking Forward To Celtics And Miami Match-up : And the Heat are even more worried now....they play good individual defense, Wade and Bronny but Bosh does not,...their problem is their team defense is weak and Ray is gonna expose them....
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Nice post. Also they don't have an elite point guard and center. Boston will surely expose them.

Sections
Shortcuts