I believe we currently have the #5 and 17 picks ( lets assumes that where we pick)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Re: I believe we currently have the #5 and 17 picks ( lets assumes that where we pick)

In response to raider3524's comment:

sorry..that post sucked...as of late he's been steping up..10ppg.

Yeah I've read some reports on him and some on here are high on him but, I've not noticed anything really special that would warrant a first round pick status. Maybe with the Philly pick though. He's playing with two other top 5 picks that have been injured or up and down. He should be able to step it up if they are not playing or having bad games. Most shooters would welcome the opportunity to take over.  He hasn't really done that. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: I believe we currently have the #5 and 17 picks ( lets assumes that where we pick)

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Every time i watch Smart, i'm reminded of JR Giddens and Marcus Banks.  Ainge loved both, i hope he's learned his lesson.

+1  I don't see Smart as a dynamic NBA player.  He has too many holes, not all of which are obvious.  Great players can almost will their teams to victory, but Smart can either put up numbers or disappear with little effect on the game outcome.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

Fierce

please refrain from posting to any threads that I start..........I have no interest in  you garbage and childish behavior at all.

IF you can't control yorself enough to NOT POST when asked, you should leave forever and never return.

thank you.

to others...please put Fierce on ignore, so that threads don't get hi-jacked with his childish behavior with repsonses from other posters.

I have had him on ignore a while, but I still end up seeing the back and forth as others respond to his trash.

please STOP and ignore him so the troll goes awaay for good.

It is too bad the monitors of this forum don't care enough for its integrity or have any self respect in order to ban the bully for good.

2,500 posts in 63 days and half of them personal attacks. Disgusting. The child offers nothing here.

You are a better man than me kdp, I try to do as you request and ignore the clown for a week or more before getting sucked back into his game. Hard to clearly win arguments with someone 10-15-20-25 times and have them deny that that fact took place even though yhe was clearly shown to be wrong.

There is no point in letting him hi-jack threads and our respectful conversations here. I will put him on ignore again as I did from December to July of last season. I suggest others do as well, ESPECIALLY Mployee.... losers with no life crave negative attention... let's not give him any.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to painter's comment:

Every time i watch Smart, i'm reminded of JR Giddens and Marcus Banks.  Ainge loved both, i hope he's learned his lesson.

+1  I don't see Smart as a dynamic NBA player.  He has too many holes, not all of which are obvious.  Great players can almost will their teams to victory, but Smart can either put up numbers or disappear with little effect on the game outcome.

I've only seen him play a couple of times, and I agree with you.  I don't get the fascination.  All the experts have Exum ranked ahead of him.

Here's something else I don't get - if we have Rondo, do we need Smart?

Why not take Randle...............everyone says because we already have Sully and Oly.

See my point?  How can one kid be redundant, and the other not?

At #5 take Vonleh............at least he plays C in college!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I've only seen him play a couple of times, and I agree with you.  I don't get the fascination.  All the experts have Exum ranked ahead of him.

Why not take Randle...............everyone says because we already have Sully and Oly.

Agree on every point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I think most of us think Rondo will be gone after next year, or before, while Sully and Oly are locked up here for quite a while.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

K. Anderson looked awful, again, this weekend.  Vonleh looked like crap, too.  Not sure why none of you are touting TJ Warren at 17?  Or did I miss a thread?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

K. Anderson looked awful, again, this weekend.  Vonleh looked like crap, too.  Not sure why none of you are touting TJ Warren at 17?  Or did I miss a thread?

I'm about to start touting Warren.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

At 17 I would take Hairston, Warren, or Hood in that order. I think they all will have solid careers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

thanks for all the responses here.

not surprising that there is quit a difference of opinion on players at this point.

I am sure things will shake out player wise as we go through the tournament and get closer to the draft.

I did have a question about Seldon. those that like him with our second first, is he a 6-5 SF or a SG in the NBA?

I have noted that Warrren seems to be rising as his play as improved this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

thanks for all the responses here.

not surprising that there is quit a difference of opinion on players at this point.

I am sure things will shake out player wise as we go through the tournament and get closer to the draft.

I did have a question about Seldon. those that like him with our second first, is he a 6-5 SF or a SG in the NBA?

I have noted that Warrren seems to be rising as his play as improved this year.

Well, once we know the order, and who is picking ahead of us it should be a lot easier.  I maintain that ORL will choose a PG.......Exum or MrUnderpants binkie (LOL), Smart.  That would leave 4.......is PHI ahead of us?  Do they like Parker, Wiggins or Randle?  They have 9 mill invested in Young.  Assuming they don't move him, they have Carter-Willimas, Young and Noel........do they take Randle?  They also have pick #11.  They could take Randle and Harris.  Carter-Williams, Harris, Young, Randle and Noel.  Nice young team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Can the Wayne Selden fans explain why they think he should be a first round pick. 0 points at the half today. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Take MCBUCKETS AT ALL COST !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Embiid

Parker

Wiggins

Randle

All go in some order top 4.

who do YOU pick at #5 and then hope is there at #17?

no packaging to move up, draft at those spots.

are a couple links of rankings of players, if needed.

http://nbadraft.net/ranking/bigboard

http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/Top-100-Prospects/

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/prospect-rankings

draft express is the most recent update.

I'll start it off with

5. D. Exum

17. K. Anderson

I think Cauley-Stein, Hood, Gordon and McDermott are all gone by 17...any fo those would be my pick first, if there.

Right now, the C's have the 6th worst record. Based on past results going back to 1996, if the Cs don't get one of the top 3 picks they, almost certainly, will wind up with the 7th or 8th pick. That's why their win over Miami was very costly.

Too many Cs fans have fallen under the faulty assumption that because the team won with Rondo in '08, we want another Rondo to replace the original.

Rondo was a complementary player. Not only for KG, PP, and Ray, but also a deep bench consisting of Powe, PJ Brown, Eddie House, James Posey, Perk, and Tony Allen. That was a very deep bench, indeed.

In truth, Exum is extremely raw and needs work on his perimter shooting. 

The reality is that there are defense-first PGs available in any draft.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

Can the Wayne Selden fans explain why they think he should be a first round pick. 0 points at the half today. 

i think i'm changeing...i think selden could fall to 2nd round...right now i would not take him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

#5 randle

#17 zach lavine if he's there?

right now it's so hard to pick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

t.j. warren can put the ball in the basket also...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

I'm about to start touting Warren.

I had made mention of Warren early on in the season. The team (NCState) only had played about 6 games at the time, and Warren scored over 20 points in 5 of them. Not very athletic, but the kid has good size and moves without the ball. He can score, no doubt about it. 41 vs Pitt, 34 vs Wake, 32 vs ECU, 30 vs Florida State. I like him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

i think i'm changeing...i think selden could fall to 2nd round...right now i would not take him.

Wayne should stay in school and get better.  He's no way ready for the NBA. 

There will be others that will stay another year and more  that should stay but enter. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

Man, 5 would be a nightmare scenario. I guess you are forced to take smart . I dont see how he is an upgrade over ab. He is not as good of a defender or shooter than ab. 2 areas we definetely dont need to get worse at. If you take exum, whats that mean for rondo? Trade? Both would be either downgrades or sideway moves at best in the future. Those guys do nothing for me.  I just hate tweeners and Da sems to love them.

I like vonleh, good size/skill, I ? his motor tho. And after watching the michigan game yesterday where he was virtually non existant, I still do.

I like gordon, cuz you know he is going to be a plus defender/rebounder at the nba level (he is a 3 imo) hes only a freshman, Super athlete, high motor, and is a hard worker who will put in the work to improve. I know he is an awful ft shooter and has a below avg jumper.  But I think he will put in the work to improve enough in those areas.

Judging by a lot of the mocks Cualey-Stein should still be there at 17 so id take him, becuz we are so desperate for size ill take anyone who can be a rim protector. He is a nonfactor on offense and he is just an avg rebounder. 

I know thats 3 guys, so ill go with Vonleh and Cauley-Stein. Only becuz shooting is one of the cs biggest weakness and adding gordon would only make that worse, on the other hand Vonleh already has a solid jumper.  

good point comparing Smart to AB. I like that alot comparision alot. At best it's a lateral move. Geesh Cauley-Stein sounds ALOT like Fab Melo. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

since this thread is still active...I'll add my current picks (today!).

LOL.

will change tomorrow no doubt!

5. Vonleh - I see him as a possible lesser Anthony  Davis type pick. at 19YO, he should mature into a 6-11, 250# NBA center.

17. one of R. Hood , J. Young or G. Harris ( in that order).

addding Vonleh would still require the team to get a starting NBA center for now ( Asik, Gortat, etc).

both Vonleh and young are only 19YO will need time (like most rookies do today), but noth have good upside and would be steps in the rebuilding of the roster.

I also feel that Randle may end up being the best scorer in this draftas an NBA player. he may a career 20pt per game guy. so if I were picking on that alone he would be my choice ( if there).

BTW, DO we have one of Philly's second round picks this year?

I know we got two in a trade earlier , just not sure when they are ro which picks?

if we have an early second I might look at AJ Hammonds from Purdue there. for some reason he reminds me of the chief physically.

in that case as Randle, Young and Hammonds draft wouldn't be too bad either.

see...I changed my mind all in one post!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

What happens if Embid and Parker decide to stay in school? That would really make things interesting.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

What happens if Embid and Parker decide to stay in school? That would really make things interesting.

After Kansas's performance today you could throw Wiggins (4 points) and Selden (2 points) In the they should stay another year group. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

How about this guy from Wichita State, Early at 17th?  He looks much better than Randle in today's game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

How about this guy from Wichita State, Early at 17th?  He looks much better than Randle in today's game.

I liked C. Early...sorry they lost as it would have been nice to see more of him. Wish he had taken the last shot 3 ! Also he is a Senior. Worth a pick, I think.

Sections
Shortcuts