I blame Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: I blame Rondo

Ladies...

If calling me out somehow makes you feel better....

And if it helps to mute criticism of Rondo's less than stellar play.....

If this is your best shot...  and it likely is... then by all means...

GO AT IT.

You obviously are a lot more concerned about my views than I am about yours...

So deal with it in any way that blows your skirts.

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

Rondo is probablly going to get a no trade clause in contract. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

not really pud....just sarcasm and a little dig...we will always disagree about the value of rondo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to mellymel2's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Heck PUD, I agree with you about Rondo...I even like the pic with the skirt bowing up....I especially like the pic with the skirt blowing up..heck, I'd like to be HER tampon....

[/QUOTE]

These crybabies/bedwetters will suddenly "find Jesus" and turn on Rondo in a skinny minute once he changes uniforms... skewering him mercilessly at his next stop... similar to what fungus did with his shameful "Mr. Brickshot" tirade two years ago.

You watch.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

that's called being a celtics fan.  i root for the guys in green not the guys on the other team.....except this year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So all great players are made from a "cookie-cutter" mold huh? Rondo carried aging veterans and roll players to within 1 game of the finals against the best player and team in the league by making them all better then they were at that advanced age (just to name 1 occasion). The proof is in the pudding. Rondo is a unique player not made of that same "cookie-cutter" pattern. Does that make him any less effective? He's probably the only player in the league who can be a teams entire offense without taking the shots (ala Melo/James). He's not a #1 guy. He's not that type of player. Does everything have to be black or white? He does make players better then they are AND he pads EVERYONES stats. How's Paul and KG doing this year without Rondo? Rondo had 11 assists (his average w/ the big 3) last night WITHOUT the HOF'ers on a bum knee. There goes that arguement. This whole rep he's been tagged with of dribbling too much.... the only times he does that is when everyone is just standing there doing nothing. Doesn't happen that often, but it does happen. You'll see him waving his arms and yelling at all of them while they stand around with their thumbs up their *$$. Offenses get stagnant from time to time, so blame Rondo? And the kid is a tough SOB. Unlike Rose and Paul who seem to be made of glass. Yeah, I want D. Rose who's sat and made easy multi-millions for 2years now without doing anything for da Bulls. Rajon's not your prototypical PG (though some may argue he's one of the few). But, his pros definetely outweigh the cons. His jumper has improved (shooting 48.4% last year) though his FT% has always been poor (the only con). I've hardly seen Rondo shrink or defer in "big moments", that's completely false. He's an offensive maestro who can conduct and create offense like no other, specially on the break. This guy makes up for not having a #2 scoring option by getting everyone shots. It's really that simple. The guy is still rehabbing a surgically repaired knee, and you're complaining about his production? I'ld hate to be your kids if you have any. No compassion...... And by the way, how often did PP struggle at the line in "big moments" before, and at times during, 2008 and after. Answer: ALL THE TIME! So apparently he wasn't a "great pressure" player? What a crock. In fact, before 2008, I was hearing alot of these same arguements about Pierce. You've held Rajon under the microscope for far too long, when there was no reason to. He's not a scoring option. He creates scoring for everyone so you don't need that #2 option. Give it to Rondo and let him create for EVERYONE. "Matador defender"? He's not the only one by far. I can't think of many PG's at all who can stay in front of their man. It's the toughest position to guard. But, it's just one more thing we can single him out on. Funny how other teams talk about him being a good defender. He is the best player on this team and you're right, he's not a "closer". Does that mean we should have a fire sale and get rid of our allstar and others until we get that "closer", and then build? NO, we shouldn't. That's absurd. Last night, Sully was dominated by Jordan Hill in the 4th/crunch time. His name is also being thrown around as our best player. I guess he'll have to go now since he's not a "closer". We need good/great players for this rebuild. Rondo IS one of those pieces. If we can get fair value as specified by DA/ownership for Rondo, then so be it. In DA/ownership I trust. They've already brought us a championship. They can do it again. This guy just can't win. If he was leading us to W's right now, fans would be complaining. He's on a team that's losing, and fans are complaining. Welcome to Boston, the home of "fair weather" fans.

[/QUOTE]

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ktronic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i hear danny's gonna let rondo decide who we draft. maybe next year too.

there's your salesmanship.

[/QUOTE]

Well BP, if you heard that was the case, then that means EVERY GM in the NBA has heard that too! Perfect! And it almsot sounds like you may even believe it???? Like you said, "There's your salesmanship." Good point!

[/QUOTE]

BP...the unlitmate Rondo shill...He once said here "I want to be Rondo's tampon"...I believe him too!

[/QUOTE]

You're a fool. Plain and simple sorry wannabe comedian. Rondo needs a shoeshine boy and someone to fold his laundry. U might consider it cuz you're not funny and Rajons gonna make u look even sillier before it's over.

[/QUOTE]

Why k... I think I'd die if I thought you were cross with me...can't we be friends?.

Go sex up the neighbor's cat....you sound the type

[/QUOTE]

Ask yo wife/my girlfriend. She'll tell ya. Haaaaa u and Jeff Green Suck!! :-)))

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Darn! That Rondo!!

Just returned from watching the Warriors making KG and Pierce look pretty bad.  KG got physically dominated by Jerlame o'Neil.  That Rondo got Danny a bunch of draft picks.  I dislike him so much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just wanted to say that; I don't think people blame him enough for things.

[/QUOTE]

would it be fair to blame rondo for:

1) never developing his shooting game to an acceptable skill level for a PG- both open gimme's and FT

2) because of #1, his FTA per minute are declining in recent years as he has become more interested in avoiding free throws than conquering his demons

3) rondo has become a very slow down player whereas he posesses some of the nicest quickness in the league- this formerly exciting player has become a ball pounding bore the last 2 1/2 years who would rather hold the ball until late in the clock then risk rotating the ball to end up having to take an open shot / driving the lane to suck the opposiing defense in and possibly drawing a foul (FT's again)

4) depiste being ABLE to play superior individual defense if he wanted to on a regular basis, he gambles too much for steals

5) since he still shoots 50% free throws through 7 years in the league, he remains a point guard who will do everything (subject to limitations above) for you but close out game in a decisive point guard manner due to his FT problems

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

but, "let me be clear" as obama would say-----------

rondo's miserable anti-development as a professional basketball player is not all his fault.  he had a "GM" who declared him the "starter of the future" after 20 games of garbage time his rook year and then never stipulated that he improve his free throws to XX% before he gets the starting job as well as being able to step into and peg 50% of the open shottess given to him from 15 to 18 feet.....

ditto for doc rivers- zero pressure to improve his total game, complete tolerance of gambling for steals rather than playing good solid fundamental defense that could have been so muhc more disruptive and netted just as many if not 50% more steals, without setting his man free for an easy jaunt down the lane for a layup / foul or dish-off dunk.............

so rondo has had accomplices.  or enablers i should say.  none greater than ainge who fought against nobody to extend this heavily flawed player at good solid fundamental player money to the tune of 12M this year and 13M next year, with none of those fundamentals shored up..........  precious rajon thinks he's worth a 10 year max contract deal like A-Rod now...........  good luck with that

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

we need a closer, but rondo is not a closer, so it's his fault.

we need a #1 scorer, but rondo is not a #1 scorer, so it's his fault.

we need a center, but rondo is not a center, so it's his fault.

we need a better SF, but rondo is not SF, so it's his fault.

we need a better SG, but rondo is not SG, so it's his fault.

we need a dominant big man, but rondo is not a big man, so it's his fault.

we need a better bench, but rondo starts, so it's his fault.

we need a better TEAM, but rondo is only ONE player, so it's his fault.

the only thing we don't need right now is an all-star caliber PG, because that's what Rondo IS. the best floor general and passer in the league.

and when it counts most, which is in the playoffs, Rondo has been at his best. averaging 17 ppg 12 apg and 5 rpg in Boston's last playoff run. 14 ppg 9 apg and 6rpg for his playoff career. a champion. 

simpletons are so caught up in blaming one man for the failure of a team that they fail to keep things in context. Rondo is the only proven commodity Boston has. Rondo is the only All-Star Boston has. Rondo is the best player Boston has had since before the KG, Pierce trade. this team is bad, Rondo is not. there isn't a PG in the world who will win many games without a good team around him. just ask CP3 before he moved on to LA. 

[/QUOTE]

wow what a pathetic post.  "when it counts most"...........  doesn't that mean rondo is by definition sandbaggin' the regular season then?  him and his 55% free throws?  honestly by your ridiculous post you'd never know that rondo's all time career best FT% was NOT his rookie year of 64%!!  how can that be?

every playoffs rondo has tried harder but it's never been enough.  when we won it in 2008 they had to take this primadonna off the floor because he couldn't deal with handling the ball down the stretch and making free throws.  and guess what?  he still doesn't want to do that!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Yup..... MJ and R9R... two peas in a pod.

No doubt they will both be on the NBA's Mt Rushmore... the way they elevated their games when it mattered most.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Ladies...

If calling me out somehow makes you feel better....

And if it helps to mute criticism of Rondo's less than stellar play.....

If this is your best shot...  and it likely is... then by all means...

GO AT IT.

You obviously are a lot more concerned about my views than I am about yours...

So deal with it in any way that blows your skirts.

Pud

Personally me making fun of you has nothing to do with Rondo. it is because you are a creepy old guy who is obsessed with a basketball player and cant stop talking about him.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

especially pud.  so pud, please stop being so scattered in your assessments and kindly blame rondo for more stuff

especially pud.  so pud, please stop being so scattered in your assessments and kindly blame rondo for more stuff

Here, let me help, PUD......"Great players" make great plays when they count the most. Stat stuffers make good plays throughout the game, but can't seem to make THE PLAY when it matters most. Rondo lacks this charactersitic as a leader, and as a great player and usually shrinks in those big  moments when the game can be had by that single play that matters most. Dude just can't take a game and will his team to win once in a while...He did it again last night. Nothing in pts. after the 1st QTR. Often, your team's best player MUST step up and control the game. Screw making good passes and building a highlite reel if none of those plays happen when you need them most. Does he have the physical skills???? ABSOLUTELY YES. I think Rondo is  truly gifted NBA player with crazy athleticism and incredible BB skills. The MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL CAPACITY to perform under great pressure? Well??? The best test to this answer is at the FT-line....Can he be THE MAN when it matters most on a consitant basis?......WE ALL KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT. Pud sees it and isn't afraid to talk about it out loud. DA must obviously see it as he is an expert on this stuff but has invested his last 1.5yrs trying to effectively counteract this thinking by other GM's by saying/doing everything to fabricate perceived value in Rondo. It is working. DA is well respected throughout the NBA. If he can get that one GM to believe his committment to Rondo as a franchise player, then DA has done his job well. Its called SALESMANSHIP, BUSINESS. DA has one more shot at dumping this FLASH, DASH, then crumble type player. RONDO is just way too often in his own head when it counts most. With no more KG, PP, RA to bail him out, Rondo better go by draft day.............WE NEED a CLOSER! Rondo is not a closer, not even close......When your best player isn't a CLOSER, you have big problems and are in desperate need of a REAL FRANCHISE PLAYER.......

[/QUOTE]

Even though his best games have been in the biggest moments? Like Being better the LBJ in the ECF a couple years ago.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Somehow we forgot to blame RR for this...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yup..... MJ and R9R... two peas in a pod.

No doubt they will both be on the NBA's Mt Rushmore... the way they elevated their games when it mattered most.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

you must have a pea in your pod to take my words out of context like that. you're by definition a pea brain. acie welcomes you to the pod.

[/QUOTE]

Comparing Rondo and MJ under fire, elevating their games .... is like comparing Barney Fife and RoboCop.

A wee bit foolish... but it can be done.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Or this train wreck...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

Darn! That Rondo!!

Just returned from watching the Warriors making KG and Pierce look pretty bad.  KG got physically dominated by Jerlame o'Neil.  That Rondo got Danny a bunch of draft picks.  I dislike him so much.

This has nothing to do with this Rondo topic but I too watched the GS-Nets game. I would trade Curry for Rondo straight up anyday because he's just as gifted a passer but he's a scorer too like Paul, Rose & Westbrook(when healthy), Nash( when younger etc.) But re: O' Neil. I recall when we lost in 5 games to the Heat in the playoffs 2 years ago that Shaq was injured and Jermaine played and he was mediocre(maybe he was injured) and I think he was going to retire after that season but last night he was awesome doing dunks and rebounding with 23 pts/13 rebs and PP got 11pts/3rebs and KG 6 pts/7 rebs for a total of 17 pts/10 rebs. In short, 36 year old Jermaine played like he was 10 years younger.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

you refer to the celtics as often on the warriors board as you do the warriors here, right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

you refer to the celtics as often on the warriors board as you do the warriors here, right?

Actually, last night I was rooting for the Nets as I like PP & KG despite the fact that it benefits us with draft choices the worst that team does.

But, although it is true I have been a loyal Boston teams fan, Sox, Celtics & Pats, all my life as 1st 21 years were in Maine, the last 45 in SF so I have been a local fan too. There are some fanatical fans who believe one should only be loyal to one team or state/region’s teams all their lives. I guess had I stayed in New England all my life I would have been.  But can’t a man have more than one love ?  The Celtics are my #1 basketball team but I’ll be at Warrior games to root against the Lakers and hear "Beat LA, Beat LA" as if I were in Boston as I hate them as much as the Yankees!!!