I blame Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: I blame Rondo

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to shines01's comment:

especially pud.  so pud, please stop being so scattered in your assessments and kindly blame rondo for more stuff

In response to shines01's comment:

especially pud.  so pud, please stop being so scattered in your assessments and kindly blame rondo for more stuff

Here, let me help, PUD......"Great players" make great plays when they count the most. Stat stuffers make good plays throughout the game, but can't seem to make THE PLAY when it matters most. Rondo lacks this charactersitic as a leader, and as a great player and usually shrinks in those big  moments when the game can be had by that single play that matters most. Dude just can't take a game and will his team to win once in a while...He did it again last night. Nothing in pts. after the 1st QTR. Often, your team's best player MUST step up and control the game. Screw making good passes and building a highlite reel if none of those plays happen when you need them most. Does he have the physical skills???? ABSOLUTELY YES. I think Rondo is  truly gifted NBA player with crazy athleticism and incredible BB skills. The MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL CAPACITY to perform under great pressure? Well??? The best test to this answer is at the FT-line....Can he be THE MAN when it matters most on a consitant basis?......WE ALL KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT. Pud sees it and isn't afraid to talk about it out loud. DA must obviously see it as he is an expert on this stuff but has invested his last 1.5yrs trying to effectively counteract this thinking by other GM's by saying/doing everything to fabricate perceived value in Rondo. It is working. DA is well respected throughout the NBA. If he can get that one GM to believe his committment to Rondo as a franchise player, then DA has done his job well. Its called SALESMANSHIP, BUSINESS. DA has one more shot at dumping this FLASH, DASH, then crumble type player. RONDO is just way too often in his own head when it counts most. With no more KG, PP, RA to bail him out, Rondo better go by draft day.............WE NEED a CLOSER! Rondo is not a closer, not even close......When your best player isn't a CLOSER, you have big problems and are in desperate need of a REAL FRANCHISE PLAYER.......

Even though his best games have been in the biggest moments? Like Being better the LBJ in the ECF a couple years ago.

BoJo.....Really??? Your statement above is so incriminating towards Rondo's ineptitude and supports everything I said, THANKS! First, you had to reference a single series in his 8yr carreer that was "a couple years ago". At that time he was surrounded by 3-HOFers in PP, KG, RA. Don't tell me...."they had nothing to do with Rondo having space to operate" during his "being better than LBJ in the ECF" once in an 8yr carreer experience?! Oh, and tell me what has happened over the years since....notice how LBJ has busted his azz to continually raise his game and MVP and Championship Trophy counts while RR hasn't improved hardly at all, if at all! In as nice a way as I can say it......Think before you write next time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

maybe it's you who needs to think first, rally. joe5 will be along whenever to tune you up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

maybe it's you who needs to think first, rally. joe5 will be along whenever to tune you up.

Oh, you promoting arguments now BP, true TROLL genetics I see. Your post has nothing but antagonism with ZERO topic input. Well, If BoJo takes your bait, then he is an easily manipulated human, much like.........well, you know who........BoJo would be ill advised to become your puppett just to further YOUR cause. Now, go wash that stink off!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

ooooh, sassy little puddling.

settle yourself, rally. these are only amusements. minor amusements at that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Ahhh, yes BP, me thinketh I protesteth too much.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

you refer to the celtics as often on the warriors board as you do the warriors here, right?

If this was addressed to me, I don't visit Warriors boards.  Only Celtics board.  And I am a season ticket holder for Warriors.  One of my sons is a Lakers fan, the other is a Warriors fan.  My wife is a Bulls fan.  And we all enjoy going to the Warriors games although, at times, we have divided loyalty.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

If this was addressed to me, I don't visit Warriors boards.  Only Celtics board.  And I am a season ticket holder for Warriors.  One of my sons is a Lakers fan, the other is a Warriors fan.  My wife is a Bulls fan.  And we all enjoy going to the Warriors games although, at times, we have divided loyalty.

no, prakash, my comment was directed at sfBostonfan. thought i might not always appear to, i do realize we're all entitled to our likes and dislikes and varied opinions. you've got to be happy with the competitive strides golden state has made these last several years, right? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

no, prakash, my comment was directed at sfBostonfan. thought i might not always appear to, i do realize we're all entitled to our likes and dislikes and varied opinions. you've got to be happy with the competitive strides golden state has made these last several years, right? 

Yes, it is nice to go to a game and see the local team win.  But my heart is with the Celts.  GS is 2nd. but not even a close 2nd.  I can't go to all the GS games.  Too much time commitment: traffic, distance, schedule conflict, etc.  But I try to not miss any Celts game, even if I have to watch the replay on league pass. Somehow it has always been the Celts, even though I have been in the Chicago area when MJ and the Bulls were great.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Yes, it is nice to go to a game and see the local team win.  But my heart is with the Celts.  GS is 2nd. but not even a close 2nd.  I can't go to all the GS games.  Too much time commitment: traffic, distance, schedule conflict, etc.  But I try to not miss any Celts game, even if I have to watch the replay on league pass. Somehow it has always been the Celts, even though I have been in the Chicago area when MJ and the Bulls were great.

Hi Prakash...Yup, Bailey's reply was to me ! If you didn't read it, my post is copied and pasted below . 

I say I live in SF as people in New England may not know Marin County.north of the Golden Gate and easy to get to the East Bay over the Richmond Bridge to Warrior games.

Actually, last night I was rooting for the Nets as I like PP & KG despite the fact that it benefits us with draft choices the worst that team does.

But, although it is true I have been a loyal Boston teams fan, Sox, Celtics & Pats, all my life as 1st 21 years were in Maine, the last 45 in SF so I have been a local fan too. There are some fanatical fans who believe one should only be loyal to one team or state/region’s teams all their lives. I guess had I stayed in New England all my life I would have been.  But can’t a man have more than one love ?  The Celtics are my #1 basketball team but I’ll be at Warrior games to root against the Lakers and hear "Beat LA, Beat LA" as if I were in Boston as I hate them as much as the Yankees!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I LOVE RONDO, BUT NEVER FORGET.....HE BLEW THE POINT BLANK LAYUP THAT WOULD HAVE ICED THE SERIES AGAINST MIAMI (GAME 6) TWO YEARS AGO

A 3RD TRIP TO THE FINALS WAS SQUANDERED AND "CHOKED" AWAY BY RONDO'S POINT BLANK MISS....

EVEN SO......NO RONDO TRADE UNLESS IT IS ONE SIDED FOR THE CELTICS

WOULDN'T MIND RONDO RETIRING AS A CELTIC 10 YEARS FROM NOW...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Hey, let's trade this guy for Greg Monroe!

http://redsarmy.com/2014/02/22/28-reasons-why-rajon-rondo-is-the-future-of-the-celtics-franchise/

"The MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL CAPACITY to perform under great pressure? Well???" - RallyC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crDfLS8s-U4

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Spoken like the snipe you are...just another BP driveby...LMAO!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Rondo sucks...he sucked before, he sucks now, he'll always suck...he CAN'T S HOOT!

He doesn't even play D anymore...

We don't need a point guard who is a head case, pouts and can't s hoot...we don't even know if he'll get his jumping ability back...

WE IZ DOOMED!

TANK - WITH HONOR!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Rondo sucks...he sucked before, he sucks now, he'll always suck...he CAN'T S HOOT!

We don't need a point guard who is a head case, pouts and can't s hoot...we don't even know if he'll get his jumping ability back...

WE IZ DOOMED!

TANK - WITH HONOR!

So when are we likely to see MellyMel4's pearls of wisdom?

You must be some sort of serious badazz  to be burning thru screen names so fast!!!

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

So all great players are made from a "cookie-cutter" mold huh? Rondo carried aging veterans and roll players to within 1 game of the finals against the best player and team in the league by making them all better then they were at that advanced age (just to name 1 occasion). The proof is in the pudding. Rondo is a unique player not made of that same "cookie-cutter" pattern. Does that make him any less effective? He's probably the only player in the league who can be a teams entire offense without taking the shots (ala Melo/James). He's not a #1 guy. He's not that type of player. Does everything have to be black or white? He does make players better then they are AND he pads EVERYONES stats. How's Paul and KG doing this year without Rondo? Rondo had 11 assists (his average w/ the big 3) last night WITHOUT the HOF'ers on a bum knee. There goes that arguement. This whole rep he's been tagged with of dribbling too much.... the only times he does that is when everyone is just standing there doing nothing. Doesn't happen that often, but it does happen. You'll see him waving his arms and yelling at all of them while they stand around with their thumbs up their *$$. Offenses get stagnant from time to time, so blame Rondo? And the kid is a tough SOB. Unlike Rose and Paul who seem to be made of glass. Yeah, I want D. Rose who's sat and made easy multi-millions for 2years now without doing anything for da Bulls. Rajon's not your prototypical PG (though some may argue he's one of the few). But, his pros definetely outweigh the cons. His jumper has improved (shooting 48.4% last year) though his FT% has always been poor (the only con). I've hardly seen Rondo shrink or defer in "big moments", that's completely false. He's an offensive maestro who can conduct and create offense like no other, specially on the break. This guy makes up for not having a #2 scoring option by getting everyone shots. It's really that simple. The guy is still rehabbing a surgically repaired knee, and you're complaining about his production? I'ld hate to be your kids if you have any. No compassion...... And by the way, how often did PP struggle at the line in "big moments" before, and at times during, 2008 and after. Answer: ALL THE TIME! So apparently he wasn't a "great pressure" player? What a crock. In fact, before 2008, I was hearing alot of these same arguements about Pierce. You've held Rajon under the microscope for far too long, when there was no reason to. He's not a scoring option. He creates scoring for everyone so you don't need that #2 option. Give it to Rondo and let him create for EVERYONE. "Matador defender"? He's not the only one by far. I can't think of many PG's at all who can stay in front of their man. It's the toughest position to guard. But, it's just one more thing we can single him out on. Funny how other teams talk about him being a good defender. He is the best player on this team and you're right, he's not a "closer". Does that mean we should have a fire sale and get rid of our allstar and others until we get that "closer", and then build? NO, we shouldn't. That's absurd. Last night, Sully was dominated by Jordan Hill in the 4th/crunch time. His name is also being thrown around as our best player. I guess he'll have to go now since he's not a "closer". We need good/great players for this rebuild. Rondo IS one of those pieces. If we can get fair value as specified by DA/ownership for Rondo, then so be it. In DA/ownership I trust. They've already brought us a championship. They can do it again. This guy just can't win. If he was leading us to W's right now, fans would be complaining. He's on a team that's losing, and fans are complaining. Welcome to Boston, the home of "fair weather" fans.

+1 - it's absurd the amount of abuse this board dishes out to a player of Rondo's calber

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Ladies...

If calling me out somehow makes you feel better....

And if it helps to mute criticism of Rondo's less than stellar play.....

If this is your best shot...  and it likely is... then by all means...

GO AT IT.

You obviously are a lot more concerned about my views than I am about yours...

So deal with it in any way that blows your skirts.

Pud

Personally me making fun of you has nothing to do with Rondo. it is because you are a creepy old guy who is obsessed with a basketball player and cant stop talking about him.

Nice. This post would also work for a few others on this board whose whole sense of worth seems to hinge on their criticisms of Rondo being correct....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to shamrock1000's comment:

So all great players are made from a "cookie-cutter" mold huh? Rondo carried aging veterans and roll players to within 1 game of the finals against the best player and team in the league by making them all better then they were at that advanced age (just to name 1 occasion). The proof is in the pudding. Rondo is a unique player not made of that same "cookie-cutter" pattern. Does that make him any less effective? He's probably the only player in the league who can be a teams entire offense without taking the shots (ala Melo/James). He's not a #1 guy. He's not that type of player. Does everything have to be black or white? He does make players better then they are AND he pads EVERYONES stats. How's Paul and KG doing this year without Rondo? Rondo had 11 assists (his average w/ the big 3) last night WITHOUT the HOF'ers on a bum knee. There goes that arguement. This whole rep he's been tagged with of dribbling too much.... the only times he does that is when everyone is just standing there doing nothing. Doesn't happen that often, but it does happen. You'll see him waving his arms and yelling at all of them while they stand around with their thumbs up their *$$. Offenses get stagnant from time to time, so blame Rondo? And the kid is a tough SOB. Unlike Rose and Paul who seem to be made of glass. Yeah, I want D. Rose who's sat and made easy multi-millions for 2years now without doing anything for da Bulls. Rajon's not your prototypical PG (though some may argue he's one of the few). But, his pros definetely outweigh the cons. His jumper has improved (shooting 48.4% last year) though his FT% has always been poor (the only con). I've hardly seen Rondo shrink or defer in "big moments", that's completely false. He's an offensive maestro who can conduct and create offense like no other, specially on the break. This guy makes up for not having a #2 scoring option by getting everyone shots. It's really that simple. The guy is still rehabbing a surgically repaired knee, and you're complaining about his production? I'ld hate to be your kids if you have any. No compassion...... And by the way, how often did PP struggle at the line in "big moments" before, and at times during, 2008 and after. Answer: ALL THE TIME! So apparently he wasn't a "great pressure" player? What a crock. In fact, before 2008, I was hearing alot of these same arguements about Pierce. You've held Rajon under the microscope for far too long, when there was no reason to. He's not a scoring option. He creates scoring for everyone so you don't need that #2 option. Give it to Rondo and let him create for EVERYONE. "Matador defender"? He's not the only one by far. I can't think of many PG's at all who can stay in front of their man. It's the toughest position to guard. But, it's just one more thing we can single him out on. Funny how other teams talk about him being a good defender. He is the best player on this team and you're right, he's not a "closer". Does that mean we should have a fire sale and get rid of our allstar and others until we get that "closer", and then build? NO, we shouldn't. That's absurd. Last night, Sully was dominated by Jordan Hill in the 4th/crunch time. His name is also being thrown around as our best player. I guess he'll have to go now since he's not a "closer". We need good/great players for this rebuild. Rondo IS one of those pieces. If we can get fair value as specified by DA/ownership for Rondo, then so be it. In DA/ownership I trust. They've already brought us a championship. They can do it again. This guy just can't win. If he was leading us to W's right now, fans would be complaining. He's on a team that's losing, and fans are complaining. Welcome to Boston, the home of "fair weather" fans.

+1 - it's absurd the amount of abuse this board dishes out to a player of Rondo's calber

Try Sams Forum if you prefer a less diverse view of Rondo.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to shamrock1000's comment:

Pud

I think most of us like to stay and watch you look like an idiot. Thanks though.

Again it isn't because Rondo is so good. It is because you are fixated on him to a level that is bizarre...and of course hilarious.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

I think most of us like to stay and watch you look like an idiot. Thanks though.

[/QUOTE]

Sealed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

WE IZ DOOMED!

TANK - WITH HONOR!

So when are we likely to see MellyMel4's pearls of wisdom?

You must be some sort of serious badazz  to be burning thru screen names so fast!!!

Pud

I have a hate/hate relationship with a NY Jets Troll over on the football threads....here I'm simply A REFINED GENTLEMAN.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

It's all fun and games folks...I can't stand RONDON'T but I'm not havin g a heart attack over the guy....what for?...I don't have his cash and I'm sure he could give a hoot what anyone here thinks of him, pro or con...

TRANQUILLO folks! Por Favor!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Rondo's unique style of play leads to him being such a polarizing player. I personally think he is a  GREAT player in this leauge, his accolades and stats have been discussed ad nauseum, but seem to be overlooked by many as the result of playing with other star players. That argument is completely fflawed, when you consider that voting for all nba defensive team and all star reserves are made by coaches. So opposing coaches have viewed rondo as one of the top offensive and defensive players on several occasions. But I guess their opinions dont count for much around here.  Also see pp and kgs# this year without rondo and with far better talent.

When rondo becomes a free agent he will command max money,  y would teams be willing to pay him llike a superstar if he isnt one?  Very few players can carry a team by themselves.

While kevin love hasnt even played a single game in the playoffs rondo has had 10 triple doubles in the playoffs.  Which is more than wilt, oscar,  tim duncan, john havlicek, walt frazier, hes actually tied with larry bird and only one behind lebron. Pretty good company there, so much for his argument that hes not clutch. He seems to be one of the best playoff players in nba history.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

diverse, pud? you flatter yourself as you blew way past diverse years ago. that's your move here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Ladies...

GO AT IT.

Pud

Personally me making fun of you has nothing to do with Rondo. it is because you are a creepy old guy who is obsessed with a basketball player and cant stop talking about him.

Nah. What's even creepier is some hack that trolls women's shelter's for material and probably his last dozen or so girlfriends'. Behind the leather jacket, hoodie, piercings, tats, Rondo jersey, and bandanas'(for drool control) lies the even bigger creep. What's really laughable here is your Rondo/Pud Obsession. And you're not getting any younger either.

"There there, my pretty. Now tell me exactly what those brutes did to you. Leave no stone unturned. Here, smoke this. It will relax you and you can tell me everything"...

Now assemble all your alter egos for damage control. If you can remember them all

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

Ladies...

GO AT IT.

Pud

Nah. What's even creepier is some hack that trolls women's shelter's for material and probably his last dozen or so girlfriends'. Behind the leather jacket, hoodie, piercings, tats, Rondo jersey, and bandanas'(for drool control) lies the even bigger creep. What's really laughable here is your Rondo/Pud Obsession. And you're not getting any younger either.

"There there, my pretty. Now tell me exactly what those brutes did to you. Leave no stone unturned. Here, smoke this. It will relax you and you can tell me everything"...

Now assemble all your alter egos for damage control. If you can remember them all

Remember when you used to call me your stalker?

You must be really confused now.

You have so much curiosity about me, while I have none about you.

A battle has been won.

Sections
Shortcuts