I can't believe what I am seeing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I can't believe what I am seeing

I guess the game is played by a different set of rules....I just saw three "out & out travels", an "up & down", some flops, and a few wrestling moves.....all in about 5 minutes of play....this league needs to add refs like the NFL has (line judge, back judge, field judge, ref, etc)....I think these officials can't handle the speed of today's game....fabulous athletes but the game isn't called by the rules anymore...it's like an old WWF "Battle Royale".....damn the rules, just put on a show and refs, look the other way....Jordan Rules at their finest...and I'm being critical on both sides (I have no real preference either way regarding this series.....)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

Re: I can't believe what I am seeing

In Response to I can't believe what I am seeing:
    I guess the game is played by a different set of rules....I just saw three "out & out travels", an "up & down", some flops, and a few wrestling moves.....all in about 5 minutes of play....this league needs to add refs like the NFL has (line judge, back judge, field judge, ref, etc)....I think these officials can't handle the speed of today's game....fabulous athletes but the game isn't called by the rules anymore...it's like an old WWF "Battle Royale".....damn the rules, just put on a show ane refs, look the other way....Jordan Rules at their finest...and I'm being critical on both sides (I have no real preference either way regarding this series.....)
    Posted by Duke4

Let me guess...only the Heat players are guilty of these "infractions", right?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

I personally enjoyed watching Lebron hide behind wade and run away from the moment. The "best player ever" went to south beach so he could hide behind his boy. Also really dug that pass wade pulled off in 4Q after changing his pivot foot several times. No big, though. They could win all 8 that L-BJ predicted and it wouldn't change most people's opinions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

I'm not jealous of anyone. There are players I respect, and players I don't. Don't respect hero ball, and I don't respect egomaniacs. Think what you will. Growing up actually playing and thinking the game, I'll take fundamentals and IQ over wildness and flashy arrogance.

Whether you're just an instigator or a bandwagon hopper, make a point about basketball. There's no point in posting if the only point of making remarks is to be a pis sant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing:
    Lebron travels every time he touches the ball.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16XCffKwFII
    Posted by Kirk6
    kirk, how can such a stylish guy like yourself be such a hater? bron didnt travel on that last one. that music is very funny though. he took very jordan like steps on the others. he's not the first star to get away with that. 

funny link though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

It's funny that people think that there will be nothing but love for the "king" on a Boston website. If anyone is looking for lebron-love on  this site, it's not going to happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

Don't respect hero ball, and I don't respect egomaniacs. Think what you will.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34

You mean Paul "I'm the best player on the planet" Pierce is not an egomaniac? 

http://dimemag.com/2008/07/paul-pierce-says-hes-the-best-player-on-the-planet/

Growing up actually playing and thinking the game, I'll take fundamentals and IQ over wildness and flashy arrogance.

"Thinking the game"?  Is this a game or rocket science?  If you want "fundamentals and IQ", why don't you watch old games from the 60's and 70's?  There's too much "wildness and flashy" now, even from the Celtics.

It's obvious you're a sore loser who can't stand the Miami Heat because they smacked your team.  Why don't you stop beating around the bush and admit it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

They could win all 8 that L-BJ predicted and it wouldn't change most people's opinions.

Speak for yourself, sore loser.  The fact is: his credibility will go up exponentially once he garners multiple rings.  But not from so-call basketball fans like yourself who are so full of hate for James that you can't see straight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : Speak for yourself, sore loser.  The fact is: his credibility will go up exponentially once he garners multiple rings.  But not from so-call basketball fans like yourself who are so full of hate for James that you can't see straight.
    Posted by icnd

Excellent post! celtic fans are so hilariously dumb... They only hate the truly best players because they are not wearing that ugly green and white uniform. Put Kobe or Lebron in a celtic jersey, and they would be singing a whole other tune. Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : Excellent post! celtic fans are so hilariously dumb... They only hate the truly best players because they are not wearing that ugly green and white uniform. Put Kobe or Lebron in a celtic jersey, and they would be singing a whole other tune.
    Posted by Tayshawn

No, actually what is pathetic are Laker fans on a Celtic board. Worry about what your greying team will be doing without a point guard or a center with balls. By the way, you are still 1 behind and will be for awhile.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : kirk, how can such a stylish guy like yourself be such a hater? bron didnt travel on that last one. that music is very funny though. he took very jordan like steps on the others. he's not the first star to get away with that.  funny link though.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

I was just going to post the same about MJ. Good AM bro.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing :  No, actually what is pathetic are Laker fans on a Celtic board. Worry about what your greying team will be doing without a point guard or a center with balls. By the way, you are still 1 behind and will be for awhile.
    Posted by terrrapin

"greying team"  LOL

If the Lakers are "greying", the celtics are slurping up apple sauce in the nursing home. Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Some guy named Bill Russel played a little basketball.  He knew a little something about winning.

2 NCAA Championships in a row  --  55 straight Wins  --  Olympic Championship  --  5 NBA MVP's  --  11 Titles in 13 years  --  Strongest guy in NBA History  --  He had to carry 11 Rings  --  All on the same TEAM.  OOPS!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

It's hilarious that icnd is a kobe/lebron fan. Might as well say that your favorite basketball team is sportscenter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Some guy named Bill Russel played a little basketball.  He knew a little something about winning. 2 NCAA Championships in a row  --  55 straight Wins  --  Olympic Championship  --  5 NBA MVP's  --  11 Titles in 13 years  --  Strongest guy in NBA History  --  He had to carry 11 Rings  --  All on the same TEAM.  OOPS!  
    Posted by CaptChris

Bill Who? Are you talking about that guy that played in a league with a whopping 9 teams?  

"Strongest guy in NBA History"  Laughing

silly celtic fans

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

First: 6/2/2011
    Last: 6/6/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a284ba3d1-e15d-4bc4-8cf1-efc3725d4d14&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:284ba3d1-e15d-4bc4-8cf1-efc3725d4d14Post:aff8342a-eaf5-40b6-9870-387c8ec8ce59">Re: I can't believe what I am seeing:
    In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : "greying team"  LOL If the Lakers are "greying", the celtics are slurping up apple sauce in the nursing home.
    Posted by Tayshawn

http://hoopism.com/?p=746

Wrong again!!
    --------------------------------------------

Referring to relevant players ONLY, hedley... Not the guys sitting on the end of the bench.Laughing But surely you knew that, considering you are a school teacher and all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

It's hilarious that icnd is a kobe/lebron fan. Might as well say that your favorite basketball team is sportscenter.

I don't have to be a fan in order to appreciate his skills.  I really don't get the hate - Lebron wanted to exercise his rights and get together with his friends to win Championships.  Playing in warm Miami is an extra bonus.  What's wrong with that?

Hate him because of "The Decision" drama?  He donated the proceeds, about $2.5 million, to the Boys and Girls Club of America.  Basically, he milked ESPN not for himself, the NBA, or his family, but for a noteworthy charity.  Of course, an ignorant person like yourself probably didn't know that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : I don't have to be a fan in order to appreciate his skills.  I really don't get the hate - Lebron wanted to exercise his rights and get together with his friends to win Championships.  Playing in warm Miami is an extra bonus.  What's wrong with that? Hate him because of "The Decision" drama?  He donated the proceeds, about $2.5 million, to the Boys and Girls Club of America.  Basically, he milked ESPN not for himself, the NBA, or his family, but for a noteworthy charity.  Of course, an ignorant person like yourself probably didn't know that.
    Posted by icnd

yeah that lebron is awful, ya know...doing nice things for kids and all that jazz

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

You clearly missed the point guys. He humiliated about 4 or 5 franchises and did it to massage his own ego. It wasn't professional. Professionals don't have championship celebrations before a season starts. Really all of this b.s. has been rehashed about 2.5 million times.

As fans of anything, we have the right to not appreciate lebron. I was a fan of jordan when I was a young kid, loved his skills. I like a lot of star players on other teams around the nba, like cp3, z-bo, lamarcus aldridge, not just celts. Lebron's garbage is insulting to me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Mmh,
    I had no problems with James going to Miami. He was a free agent and it is his own choice.  I had a problem with that disgusting show they made out of it and how he embarrased his former team (by not telling them what he was going to do).

And with all respect, it is not a sign of greatness to give the royalities of this (awful) event to charitiy. If he want to help some poor kids, take some of your own money!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

These posts and format are great until "intelligent" cough,cough folks like ICND (who joined less than a month ago, hmmm former troll using new clothes?) and Tayshawn chip in.
    Put both of the above mentioned Trolls on ignore, re-read the conversation and it was great! Seriously, how really pathetic they must be to run to an opponents board to get ANY attention because they weren't intelligent enough to be listened to on their own boards! Pathetic!
    Any bets NEITHER of these two  have girlfriends or wives? LOL, fat chance!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

You clearly missed the point guys. He humiliated about 4 or 5 franchises and did it to massage his own ego. It wasn't professional. Professionals don't have championship celebrations before a season starts. Really all of this b.s. has been rehashed about 2.5 million times. As fans of anything, we have the right to not appreciate lebron. I was a fan of jordan when I was a young kid, loved his skills. I like a lot of star players on other teams around the nba, like cp3, z-bo, lamarcus aldridge, not just celts. Lebron's garbage is insulting to me.

You mean a guy using leverage to enhance his bargaining position?  Never heard of that?  The 4 or 5 franchises humiliated themselves by clearing cap space and banking on landing him, setting up for a huge letdown.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

If he want to help some poor kids, take some of your own money!
    Posted by Gasthoerer

How do you know he hasn't?  Isn't the ESPN money his own money to do what he please?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

The refs miss/refuse to call a slew of violations on the floor. Lebron taking steps? Everytime Kidd sets up for a three pointer or Barea, watch their feet. Or just look at your homeboy, Paul Pierce. With Paul's gyrations you would think he was being raped on every play.

You saw Wade get a foul on Kidd even though he wasn't touched by flying out as if he were shot from a canon. Part of the game is to get cheap fouls and Kobe, Durant, Dirk, Ginobili, Pierce are experts at it. Such pathetic behavior takes away from the game. Realizing that one single call/missed call can mean the difference between winning and losing justifies it in the minds of NBA players. The missed call on Mario Chalmers getting 3 points when his foot had not crossed the halfway line reinforces my point.

Does the league even care? The NBA is about making money like any business. Stern and company go out of their way to protect the officials. As a result, they force team reps to tow the line. Notice how Cuban has kept his mouth shut in this championship.

Watch the game for entertainment and realize that getting a championship is not just about talent but some luck as well. If you take the NBA seriouisly, you'll be disappointed more often than not.

Sections
Shortcuts