I can't believe what I am seeing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: I can't believe what I am seeing

In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing:
    [QUOTE]I just saw LaBrons dunk on Sports Nation....it was shown in real time, so it was hard to make an accurate count but I think I saw 5 steps between dribble & dunk....gotta love those refs....can't believe they didn't call it since the game was in Dallas...amazing...must be Miami's year!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

5 steps?  Really? You should really go invest in an eye exam. LMAO. Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

The miami heat run an offense that was less complex than my aau team in highschool. I'm fine with being a celtics fan and watching real team hoop.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : or they tripped over each other's feet and because the celtics dont play physical right? anything else?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

You may want to see your eye doctor if you did not see in all the repeats of the play Wade Deliberately throw Rondo down hard on the court.  If your eyesight is judged to be OK, then you need an appointment with a Neurologist quickly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

I guess all or most of you are way too young to remember the Big O.  I can assure everyone here, that there was basketball before MJ.  In fact the NBA had much better teams then the championship teams of the Bulls.  Did we ever learn why MJ was forced to take a year off by King Stern?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

larry1717, could you throw a football over a mountain when you were in highschool?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

[QUOTE]larry, thanks for the critique, but I get a ton of responses back. I do try and keep it very simple for you celtic fans, as the average celtic fan knows very little about the game.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Tayshawney your mom kept it quite simple with your name too..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : anything to make you feel better about having a worse team eh chief?

Why don't you find a Miami site to post on?  You are definitely not from Boston yet have more posts than many fans that actually live in Boston and don't really enjoy reading all of your negative posts about Boston teams. 
    Another suggestion is to post on a Dallas site since your team is currently playing Dallas. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : Why don't you find a Miami site to post on?  You are definitely not from Boston yet have more posts than many fans that actually live in Boston and don't really enjoy reading all of your negative posts about Boston teams.  Another suggestion is to post on a Dallas site since your team is currently playing Dallas. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Jimmy Jack needs to see a doctor!  Sending him to post on a Dallas site is irresponsible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : Jimmy Jack needs to see a doctor!  Sending him to post on a Dallas site is irresponsible.
    Posted by larry1717[/QUOTE]

Jimmeydonowjack but the one thing she does know is both those goons called Labron and wade are loaded to the gills with HGH and stern won't do a thing about it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : I do not think Wade "cared" whether he injured Rondo or not.  It was a deliberate throw done.  In the old days, Jim Luscotoff would have been inserted into the game by Red Auerbach after a play like that, and Wade probably would have been given a message--a very strong message.  Today's Celtics did next to nothing after that play.  Sad!

Yup.. I cant say Wade intended to hurt Rondo.. but I dont think theres any doubt he intended to take Rondo down with him imo.  That seemed clear to me.

Considering the extent of Rondos injury, the NBA should have done something. If not, the Celtics should have.  But remember, we got Doc as a coach who loves to turn the other cheek. Wade was extra physical from game one, ref's did nothing to slow him down and neither did Doc.

Ultimately, Miami was the more physical team and it probably led to Rondos injury.  Years ago Wades playstarting in game 1 would have been responded to, if not by the refs/league, then by a Celtic bench player.

Dont forget, Wade stated his teams intention to be very physical and it was gonna be like that every game. Nobody on the C's stood  up to it and Doc made sure everyone in the NBA continued to love him after the series by doing nothing about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

[QUOTE]I guess all or most of you are way too young to remember the Big O.  I can assure everyone here, that there was basketball before MJ.  In fact the NBA had much better teams then the championship teams of the Bulls.  Did we ever learn why MJ was forced to take a year off by King Stern?

Better teams. You gotta be kidding. Perhaps you can enlighten me as to what was better about the teams and the players in the 50's and 60's. I look forward to your reply.

Seems

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

First: 7/18/2009
    Last: 6/6/2011
    I guess all or most of you are way too young to remember the Big O.  I can assure everyone here, that there was basketball before MJ.  In fact the NBA had much better teams then the championship teams of the Bulls.  Did we ever learn why MJ was forced to take a year off by King Stern?
    ---------------------------------------

Maybe if you knew anything about sports, you would know that MJ took a year off to pursue baseball which had always been his dream. What rock did you just climb out from under? Surprised

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing :   Better teams. You gotta be kidding. Perhaps you can enlighten me as to what was better about the teams and the players in the 50's and 60's. I look forward to your reply. Seems
    Posted by SeemsToMe[/QUOTE]

Don't hold your breath.  Current bottom dwellers like the Clippers or Cavaliers would run circles around those "better" teams of the 50's and 60's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from samopp13. Show samopp13's posts

In Response to I can't believe what I am seeing:
    [QUOTE]I guess the game is played by a different set of rules....I just saw three "out & out travels", an "up & down", some flops, and a few wrestling moves.....all in about 5 minutes of play....this league needs to add refs like the NFL has (line judge, back judge, field judge, ref, etc)....I think these officials can't handle the speed of today's game....fabulous athletes but the game isn't called by the rules anymore...it's like an old WWF "Battle Royale".....damn the rules, just put on a show and refs, look the other way....Jordan Rules at their finest...and I'm being critical on both sides (I have no real preference either way regarding this series.....)
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from samopp13. Show samopp13's posts

The NBA is like school yard basketball.  No harm no foul.  Call your own.  The NBA does not call traveling, palming the ball, and offensive fouls as in the big men backing their way to the basket.  The NBA should either eliminate calling the above fouls or start calling them consistently. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]  Years ago Wades playstarting in game 1 would have been responded to, if not by the refs/league, then by a Celtic bench player. Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    If posted exactly the same weeks ago. I felt really embarrrased that the Cs let everything happen. This team became really soft lately.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : I do not think Wade "cared" whether he injured Rondo or not.  It was a deliberate throw done.  In the old days, Jim Luscotoff would have been inserted into the game by Red Auerbach after a play like that, and Wade probably would have been given a message--a very strong message.  Today's Celtics did next to nothing after that play.  Sad!
    as i said before...the feet got tangled and they both fell

its a shame because id rather see my heat beat the celtics without any of these ridiculous excuses

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]The miami heat run an offense that was less complex than my aau team in highschool. I'm fine with being a celtics fan and watching real team hoop.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]
    are you also fine with your team playing golf come early june every year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : as i said before...the feet got tangled and they both fell its a shame because id rather see my heat beat the celtics without any of these ridiculous excuses

It's okay...last year this board was crying about how Kobe undercutted Perkins and preventing him from playing game 7.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : Why don't you find a Miami site to post on?  You are definitely not from Boston yet have more posts than many fans that actually live in Boston and don't really enjoy reading all of your negative posts about Boston teams.  Another suggestion is to post on a Dallas site since your team is currently playing Dallas. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    because i live in massachusetts and most other sites are blocked at work

and for the record, i havent been negative once about any boston team in this forum, not once...just right now...the heat have a better team and im tired of alot of posters saying the causation of the better team is the refs or that rondo got hurt and the like

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : It was 4 games to 1.  I'm sure you still would have won the series.  The Heat have the better team - BUT......that was still a BS foul!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    sure, ill agree that it was a bs foul

but wade wasnt trying to hurt rondo period and end of story

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : as i said before...the feet got tangled and they both fell its a shame because id rather see my heat beat the celtics without any of these ridiculous excuses

Jimmy, get used to excuses when conversating with celtic fans. They are hilarious. I think Tommy Heinsohn feeds most of it to them, or maybe it is just in the water there. Either way, 99.9% of all celtic fans are bandwagon, conspiracy theory loving, excuse making, whiners. Rico-celtic is the only celtic fan that on this site that lives in reality.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

I think Wade just wanted to slow him down. A lot of players do that...when you get knocked down, try to tug the other guy down with you so that the other team doesn't get a man advantage.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

Heh, the last time I watched basketball it was a full contact sport. The game is played to win and anything that the players can do and get away with, they will do. Travel, palming the ball, initiating contact, grabbing, pushing anything minus biting and slugging with a closed fist. Allen Iverson anyone?

Remember Pierce and his head butt? There are some players that are notorious for dirty play. Wade isn't one of them. But he and LeBron are good actors. They learned these acting techniques from Paul Pierce.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : I'll agree it was a bs foul as well.  I'll also say Jack Tatum was not trying to hurt Darryl Stingley.............................
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

right, because being paralyzed and having an dislocated elbow are totally the same thing!

Sections
Shortcuts