I can't believe what I am seeing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Re: I can't believe what I am seeing

In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing:
    [QUOTE]The NBA is like school yard basketball.  No harm no foul.  Call your own.  The NBA does not call traveling, palming the ball, and offensive fouls as in the big men backing their way to the basket.  The NBA should either eliminate calling the above fouls or start calling them consistently. 
    Posted by samopp13[/QUOTE]

samopp

The game has changed significantly since the 50's and 60's. For better or worse!? Who knows. Old timers swear by the "good old days". However,  attendance seems to say that the present game is quite popular. Remember, in the 50's and the 60;s poor attendance and the lack of lucrative television contracts had the fate of pro basketball in doubt. Here in Boston, Bruins hockey out drew the Celtics, even  though the Celtic were habitual world champs.
    Seems

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : Your opinion!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

The players of the 50's and 60's were great in their time, but would have no chance against today's athletic NBA.  The players today jump higher, run faster, and are bigger and more muscular (those are facts).  And in a game that requires running, jumping, and inside play, it's no contest. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : sure, ill agree that it was a bs foul but wade wasnt trying to hurt rondo period and end of story
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Did you ask him jimmeydontnojack? A freak on HGH is not stable period!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : Run faster?  Jump Higher?  Bill Russell was a 7 ft high jumper.  Wilt?  I think athletes of today take better care of themselves, and take it more seriously.  There is a lot more $$  available.  The players of the 60's played for peanuts and needed summer jobs to sustain their lives.  ALL THINGS EQUAL, you simply cannot make a blanket statement like that -  it is your opinion, and you are entitlted to it.  Mine is - we don't know!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Russell and Wilt?  Of course you would pick the exceptions to the rule.  No, we don't know for sure but I'd bet on today's best against the best of the 50's and 60's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : Russell and Wilt?  Of course you would pick the exceptions to the rule.  No, we don't know for sure but I'd bet on today's best against the best of the 50's and 60's.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

For the most part people quite generally are partial to the generations that they grew up in. I just wonder when it was that they last viewed extended game films of those games. If not at all it may be a good idea to latch on to  some dvd's of some of the Celtic games of the 60's as a little reminder of what the game was really like.
       I too believe that the game of the 50's and 60's was(is) significantly inferior to the modern game.

Seems 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : Russell and Wilt?  Of course you would pick the exceptions to the rule.  No, we don't know for sure but I'd bet on today's best against the best of the 50's and 60's.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

How about Wilt, Bill Russell , Oscar Robertson, Jerry West Elgin Baylor and Kareem to start a team against current players?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : How about Wilt, Bill Russell , Oscar Robertson, Jerry West Elgin Baylor and Kareem to start a team against current players?
    Posted by dirty52[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'll spot your 6 starters against my five:  Dwight Howard, Kobe, Wade, LeBron, and Chris Paul.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

I don't think howard is going to score much against a front line , of russell and wilt

or russell and kareem

Sections
Shortcuts