I did not know this - and it makes a difference to me!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The original post on Bradley turning down 4/24 contract!

Accordinig to HoopsHype, Avery Bradley was offered 4 year, 24 mill contract, with an option for the 4 th  year before the season.

Bradley turned it down, saying he wants "at least" 8 mill.

I did not know this.  Kind of makes me upset, too.

I think 6 for this kid is very fair considering he was hurt a lot his first two years, and his offense is up and down.  8 mill is too much, and I'm now in the "trade Bradley" camp!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: I did not know this - and it makes a difference to me!

He won't get 8.  6 is plenty.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Someone fill in the blanks for me.  If there is a $2 million chasm AAV-wise between what Bradley wants and what the C's are willing to pay him, did they try to extend Crawford so they don't lose both players (potentially)?  Or does signing Crawford to an extension mean that Bradley is definitely gone once he reaches RFA because they can't sign both?  Or is it possible that they weren't sure what they were really getting with Crawford and wanted Bradley to have a "prove it" year before he hits RFA?

You'd have to think both Crawford and Bradley's values are higher than where DA thought it would be.  Both guys are having pretty good seasons.  Will it come down to a trade to get something for one of those two, with the idea that the one you don't trade will get paid?   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Crawford and Bradley are in the 4 to 5 million area at this time.  If they are restricted free agents we can match offers if we want to.  I do not know if they will be free agents or restricted free agents and how the Bird thing works with them.  I would think we would be in position to offer them the most $?? A lot will depend on how our draft choices work out and if the team keeps Rondo and goes to a win now mentality, which is what I hope happens. But of cousre I am going on 72 and may not have that many more years to watch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

Crawford and Bradley are in the 4 to 5 million area at this time.  If they are restricted free agents we can match offers if we want to.  I do not know if they will be free agents or restricted free agents and how the Bird thing works with them.  I would think we would be in position to offer them the most $?? A lot will depend on how our draft choices work out and if the team keeps Rondo and goes to a win now mentality, which is what I hope happens. But of cousre I am going on 72 and may not have that many more years to watch.

I'm sure you will have a chance to see many more NBA seasons (10-20) and a least 3 to 4 more celtics championship banners before you meet the Lord our maker!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

From my vantage point, the Celts will pay AB his $8M next year and keep him.  Then they will not have room for JC.  AB's contract will be based upon his performance this year and not upon his injury filled seasons.  If he gets hurt this season then he will not get that size contract.

AB provides the Celts with open shooting, excellent defense, and rebounding from the 2 position.  That combination is worth $8M.  Jason Terry was probably not a better overall player in his prime.  But he got bigger deals.

Finally, other than Rondo, and many will disagree with even that, the Celts do not have another star.  So unless they become stars, none of Sullinger, Olynyk, Green and Bradley will be the difference maker to win a championship.  Even if they acquire another star, the Celts will still need quality players at other positions to become a winner.

Brad is working his magic developing players.  And Danny needs to work his magic.  I am waiting to see what these magicians cook up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Let someone else overpay Bradley.

Lee is better anyway.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If they are so valuable then Danny will S&T both before he lets them walk out the door for more $ than he is willing to pay with nothing in return.

[/QUOTE]

S&T requires a taker.  With so many sellers in the market it will not be easy for Danny to sell.  In a competitive marketplace, I see AB getting his $8M and if Rondo comes back to the level that he was at, he will get his max.  It is not about whether he deserves it or not.  It is about losing him to competition.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's funny! I'm 89 and am thinking I'll see at least 2 more titles! Your'ree still a kid, for pete's sake!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If they are so valuable then Danny will S&T both before he lets them walk out the door for more $ than he is willing to pay with nothing in return.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's why it's not a hogwash when I say Rondo will get the max and AB will have suitors ready to give him 8m per year.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he gets the max................

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Rondo will at least get close to the MAX!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let someone else overpay Bradley.

Lee is better anyway.

[/QUOTE]

No he is not. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Prakash's comment:

[/QUOTE]

S&T requires a taker.  With so many sellers in the market it will not be easy for Danny to sell.  In a competitive marketplace, I see AB getting his $8M and if Rondo comes back to the level that he was at, he will get his max.  It is not about whether he deserves it or not.  It is about losing him to competition.

[/QUOTE]

That's a contradictory statement!  First you say there's an oversupply of players available but then you say AB will get his $8MM because of the competition???  That makes no sense!!!

If there is competition for AB at $8MM then Danny wins cause some team will be willing to do a S&T ... It's when there is too little supply and too many takers that the player/agent win, thus Danny can't keep him but gets something back by way of a S&T. Jeesh! Where'd you guys go to school ... sans Fungus of course. Now if the market were flooded with quality SG's and there were no demand then Danny would be able to sign AB for what he wants and he'd also have a hard time finding a taker in a S&T if AB still refused. And Rondo won't get the max from Danny. He'll trade him 1st and let the next guy pay him.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does sound contradictory.  My point is that contenders typically do not have too much to trade with.  I see AB falling a little above that cutoff.  That is also because next year, the contenders will have to pony up some money to keep him and that will have luxury tax implications.

On the other hand, in the offseason, if Brandon Jennings can get 3/$24M contract then AB certainly can find a suitor.