I didn't like how Doc never put Greg back in the game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

I didn't like how Doc never put Greg back in the game

He could have gotten his first double double tonight!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Re: I didn't like how Doc never put Greg back in the game

Good point.  He certainly started the game well and with a couple of statement blocks.  Washington changed their shots when he was patrolling.  An aside:  Evidently JaVale McGee is a legit double-double...?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

So, we pulled away at the right time after the top 4 players got rest and Bass was in instead of Stiemsma and you don't like the substitution pattern?   Wow, man, we won and the guys didn't log too many minutes and the team Doc had in at the end closed out the game.

Give credit where its due.  This was everything we needed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It's the T word again at the end of games.   Doc doesn't yet TRUST the Steamer.  Glad to see he trusts Bass!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: I didn't like how Doc never put Greg back in the game:
    It's the T word again at the end of games.   Doc doesn't yet TRUST the Steamer.  Glad to see he trusts Bass!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

He didn't much choice but to trust Bass.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Hmm, has Ainge stumbled on a legitimate C in Steimsma? I think so.

Just don't go trade him, give him time to work with the first unit and I think he'll be more effective than JON. Bring JON off the bench.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from markp99. Show markp99's posts

I fear they are just grooming Stiemsma as trade bait for some over-the-hill center acquisition.

:(

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Steimsma is terrific and I think with a little work he could be a decent center in this league. He had a tough time with McGee on Sunday. He obviously made adjustments and takes to the coaching as he had an easier time with him tonight and did force him to change some shots, but he was still getting lost in the defense and it did cause some break downs so simply Doc played Bass down the stretch to have the more experienced defender late in the game. That's all it was. The Kid's still learning. Hey he played him big minutes so he sees something.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Agree...!! Play "Steamer" and develop him...do NOT trade him Danny!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Steimsma is terrific and I think with a little work he could be a decent center in this league. He had a tough time with McGee on Sunday. He obviously made adjustments and takes to the coaching as he had an easier time with him tonight and did force him to change some shots, but he was still getting lost in the defense and it did cause some break downs so simply Doc played Bass down the stretch to have the more experienced defender late in the game. That's all it was. The Kid's still learning. Hey he played him big minutes so he sees something.
    Posted by DFURY13

exactly...you close games with veterans, not rookies who don't know all the plays and won't get calls from the ref (although Steams got a big no call early on in the first on the block and tackle).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to I didn't like how Doc never put Greg back in the game:
    Posted by notrade

c's won a game...but you are crying the booooos

because of ...individual stats...

good thing you are not a team member

like x-mate...baby-doll......

the nba does not put individual stats..

on the ...CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to I didn't like how Doc never put Greg back in the game:
    Posted by notrade

somebody named binbones had the following response to this post:

c's won a game...but you are crying the booooos

because of
    ...individual stats...

good thing you are not a team member

like x-mate...baby-doll......

the nba does not put
    individual stats..

on the ...CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The idea of Steimsma being showcased scares me. If I were Sacramento I would demand he be in any trade for Cousins.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

What imaginations. He's playing because he's the backup center, and the starter was out. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to I didn't like how Doc never put Greg back in the game : somebody named binbones had the following response to this post: c's won a game...but you are crying the booooos because of ...individual stats... good thing you are not a team member like x-mate... baby-doll ...... the nba does not put individual stats.. on the ... CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY!!!
    Posted by BaileyPowe

He outplayed Bass last night,so there wasn't a reason why he couldn't come back in the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

He is young and it would be an excellent idea to start him and bring JO off the bench in certain pressure situatins.  Same thing with Bass he could start and if thing are going good, KG could rest, if not there is plenty of time to get him in the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Steimsma played well in 21 minutes of action filling in for the starting center.  There was one stretch in the 3rd quarter when he hit 3 of 4 shots when the Wizards dared him to shoot, which will probably earn him more playing time going forward.  Right now, Doc probably doesn't feel comfortable with him in to close out games, but if he continues to hit big shots from the outside I suspect he'll get more PT at crunch time.  Besides, as last night's game illustrated, Doc has other players that are quite capable of closing out games.  Without any equivocation, Rondo's my favorite player on my favorite team (I have had two favorite teams over the past 41 years, the Celtics and whoever beats the Lackers); however, Greg Steimsma is rapidly moving up the ladder because 'he got game.'

As Always,

Sections
Shortcuts