I don't believe RR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

I don't believe RR

Box score atated 4 turnovers.   Come on!!   Their was one part of the game that he had 3 t/o's in a row!   He had to have close to a triple-double.   One that included t/o's.   Maxwell stated that RR t/o's when the game is 'too easy'!   Paleeze.   Did the game come to easy to Magic or JStockton?   RR isn't that good.   He is borderline all-star (meaning he won't make the team every year.   In my opinion, when a team loses a big lead, blame it on the pg for t/o's or not getting your teamates good shots.   RR wants to walk the ball up the court and 'use time' in the middle of the 3rd Q.   One has to keep the pedal on w/o t/o's.   RR should know what plays to call w/o needing for a timeout and ask the coach.
       "Don't confuse activity w/ achievement."   That is what John Wooden stated and what I always say about AB.   Well, add Ryan Hollins to that statement.   He's playing full court, jump aroung the board on shots, but ain't producing.   Why didn't Steimsma play???   Is RH suppose to be that good where GS stops being in the rotation at all?!?!   Lol Doc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: I don't believe RR

I wouldn't call Rondo out so much. Are you watching what is happening to the CLippers and Chris Paul right now.

Grizz lost after leading by 28
    C's lost after leading by 18
    Clippers lost a 24 pt lead and are down 7

Stern's henchmen are told not to have blowouts in the playoffs. Refs control the flow of a game. I"m not saying they make all bad calls but the team that is down is allowed to get more physical than the team that is up. What happens is the team that's up starts to lose agressiveness and the team that's down becomes more aggressive. A few made shots, a few and-1s and a few stops and you're back in the game....with the help of the refs of course.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: I don't believe RR:
    I wouldn't call Rondo out so much. Are you watching what is happening to the CLippers and Chris Paul right now. Grizz lost after leading by 28 C's lost after leading by 18 Clippers lost a 24 pt lead and are down 7 Stern's henchmen are told not to have blowouts in the playoffs. Refs control the flow of a game. I"m not saying they make all bad calls but the team that is down is allowed to get more physical than the team that is up. What happens is the team that's up starts to lose agressiveness and the team that's down becomes more aggressive. A few made shots, a few and-1s and a few stops and you're back in the game....with the help of the refs of course.
    Posted by BiasLewis

This is human nature, pure and simple. 

When you are behind, you tend to get embarrassed and try harder. When you are ahead, you tend to relax and coast, thinking you have it made.

You don't need  "Stern and his henchmen" to explain how this works.

Its the nature of competition.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Maybe not but all you need is a few calls and a few buckets and your confidence is high.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Are you watching what is happening to the CLippers and Chris Paul right now."

Yeah Doc that is a rather good question, not surprised that you don't have an answer for that yet. 

Sorry but a 15 point 15 assist game for Rondo is pretty good. Point guards are rarely the key to championship teams. 

Anyone who doesn't have an axe to grind realizes that the problems of the Celts are pretty evenly distributed, including Rondo but also including the age of the big three and the injuries and inconsistencies that are coming along with that. 

Rondo knows he has to play better to advance. We'll see how he does fairly soon. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Maybe not but all you need is a few calls and a few buckets and your confidence is high.
    Posted by BiasLewis

And conversely a few bad calls and a few missed buckets and your confidence tends to sag.

But that's life's drama and why sports is so compelling to watch or to play.

You can't hate the NBA and love the Celtics, no more than you can hate the phoniness  of professional rastlin' but totally love Rick Flair.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : And conversely a few bad calls and a few missed buckets and your confidence tends to sag. But that's life's drama and why sports is so compelling to watch or to play. You can't hate the NBA and love the Celtics, no more than you can hate the phoniness  of professional rastlin' but totally love Rick Flair. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

I can hate NBA officiating and love basketball and love the Celtics.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : I can hate NBA officiating and love basketball and love the Celtics.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Agree with you.  The officiating needs to change and may when Stern retires. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Excuses need to be put aside. There is no room for excuses in the playoffs. All the Cs, in one game or another have not produced or played up to their potential. Believe me, I have been accused lately of riding Rondo to hard. And giving others passes. Well, they all stunk for that collapse to occur. Well the ones who werer allowed to play.

By far the worse offender had to have been DOC. He watched it all happen and did very little to change the course or outcome. He rode the starters too hard for too long. They were gassed. He has to see that. And he left perfectly able bodies on the bench that may have helped stabalize the game and allowed a much needed breather to the core. So, you can't blame Rondo for this one, he gets some blame, but he had plenty of help for the downfall.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : I can hate NBA officiating and love basketball and love the Celtics.
    Posted by BiasLewis
    I agree.  Last time I checked the officials don't play basketball but stand in judgement of it.  Too bad some of the past games can't go to appellate court.  (Please, don't take this last thought literally.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : This is human nature, pure and simple.  When you are behind, you tend to get embarrassed and try harder. When you are ahead, you tend to relax and coast, thinking you have it made. You don't need  "Stern and his henchmen" to explain how this works. Its the nature of competition. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Excellent post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Excuses need to be put aside. There is no room for excuses in the playoffs. All the Cs, in one game or another have not produced or played up to their potential. Believe me, I have been accused lately of riding Rondo to hard. And giving others passes. Well, they all stunk for that collapse to occur. Well the ones who werer allowed to play. By far the worse offender had to have been DOC. He watched it all happen and did very little to change the course or outcome. He rode the starters too hard for too long. They were gassed. He has to see that. And he left perfectly able bodies on the bench that may have helped stabalize the game and allowed a much needed breather to the core. So, you can't blame Rondo for this one, he gets some blame, but he had plenty of help for the downfall.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Yup....Dooling, Steimsma, Hollins, or Marquis would have slowed down the Sixers run!!!  

Are you serious?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

I'm not excusing CP3.   Tho ? he was playing gainst #1 seed.   Cs ? against the ? 8th.   But, Cs can't blow anyone away.   Most of the time they can only score 86pts.   So, if 50pt half.   Then in the 30s the rest of the way.   Now that RA is hurt, then the Cs only have PP and KG to score.   Noboby else can score 15pts (once in a while RR or Bass, but don't hold your breath).   That's the team DA assembled.   No rebounders, shooters, or post players.   Cs very limited team even tho DA has had 5yrs to build on it.
       Maybe in game 5, KG can stay down low on offense, the Cs will have to deflect the big man to big man in the paint pass, and when the going gets tough, the tough will get going.   The Cs don't play well with big leads.   They ? lose their concentration.   They're more into it in close games but, the ball can then bounce funny ways.   And, its not easy on we fans. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : Yup....Dooling, Steimsma, Hollins, or Marquis would have slowed down the Sixers run!!!   Are you serious?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Oh, ok, so let's just leave the aging 3 on the court while they continue to get gassed. How did that work out?  And let's just leave them out there while they watch 18 point lead fade into a 9 point loss. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Give me a break Celtfan. Did you watch the game...and are you serious?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : Oh, ok, so let's just leave the aging 3 on the court while they continue to get gassed. How did that work out?  And let's just leave them out there while they watch 18 point lead fade into a 9 point loss. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Give me a break Celtfan. Did you watch the game...and are you serious?
    Posted by antiqueman1

The difference in winning and not winning is not whether they play 40 minutes or 35 minutes.  the difference is whether they play good D and hit their shots or not!!!   I watched the game.  Did you?   When we win - its because we hit our jumpers and because Rondo was outplaying their guards and Pierce hit shots and we made it hard on them by rebounding.  They double teamed Garnett at every turn and when he kicked it out - our guys generally didn't make a play nor hit shots.  We should have been up in the first half by 30 pts the way they were playing but we didn't - was that because we were gassed in the first half?

Then, they kicked our butts in the third quarter and our lead was a whopping 4 points to start the 4th quarter.  THAT had NOTHING to do with being gassed.  No darn excuses - the team played terrible and you can't blame it on being tired!

You keep thinking all that changes when we play less minutes, but a) the Sixers hit tough shots even when we were fresh in the third qtr and beginning of the 4th quarter and b) we played terrible all game after we got the lead.   Look at the comments from all posters as we watched the game.  From the time we got the lead we all kept saying how we were playing terrible and would let them back in if we didn't change......AND WE WERE FRESH AT THAT POINT!!!!

We lost because we stopped playing smart after quarter 1.  By the time Q3 was over, we lost all momentum and they felt comfortable, again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Rondo is averaging 16 pts, 13 assists, 6 rbs, and 3 steals a game in the playoffs this year..yet somehow its not quite good enough for Celtic fans..hahahaha

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

Rondo is averaging 16 pts, 13 assists, 6 rbs, and 3 steals a game in the playoffs this year..yet somehow its not quite good enough for Celtic fans..hahahaha
    Posted by JamezHill24

Stats are not always the complete story.  His stats last game were fine but you think it was a good game for him?  He had another game with great numbers but he had 7 turn overs which nullifies a great game.  Being lazy on defense, not pushing the ball are things that don't show up in the stats.  Not scoring and going to the line is another one. (well I guess they do show up in the stats)  PP has had to deal with the same thing for years. He carried the Celtics for years and it wasn't good enough. Even this year one or two bad games and he get toasted when he is injured. Not much mention of the fantastic game he played Friday nite. It just comes with the territory Jamez. KG has played well and he pretty much was as big a problem Friday as anyone.   If you want to be a superstar you have to take the bad with the good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : Stats are not always the complete story.  His stats last game were fine but you think it was a good game for him?  He had another game with great numbers but he had 7 turn overs which nullifies a great game.  Being lazy on defense, not pushing the ball are things that don't show up in the stats.  Not scoring and going to the line is another one. (well I guess they do show up in the stats)  PP has had to deal with the same thing for years. He carried the Celtics for years and it wasn't good enough. Even this year one or two bad games and he get toasted when he is injured. Not much mention of the fantastic game he played Friday nite. It just comes with the territory Jamez. KG has played well and he pretty much was as big a problem Friday as anyone.   If you want to be a superstar you have to take the bad with the good.
    Posted by lakerfaker

I agree with you....and its why I say ALL of them had a bad game.  Pierce, KG, Rondo, Ray, Bradley all share the blame.  It was NOT a good game for any of them.   I don't know why we go to the "blame game" as if one person just screwed up.   They are a team and most of the team didn't do their part.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : I agree with you....and its why I say ALL of them had a bad game.  Pierce, KG, Rondo, Ray, Bradley all share the blame.  It was NOT a good game for any of them.   I don't know why we go to the "blame game" as if one person just screwed up.   They are a team and most of the team didn't do their part.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

The thing your did not see was finger pointing like Lakerland.  That is why I admire your team.  Your team  (not the board)  loses and wins as a team,  my team wins its because of Kobe , if they lose its because of someone else.  It like a 6-24 from the field didn't enter into the equation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Stats are not always the complete story. Look at Lebron stats(full, or padded), yet they are down 2-1. It surely just can't be about stats as Lakerfaker put it. Stats don't show laziness on D, or lack of aggressiveness on O. They don't show how a player looks during a critical possession. Lots get missed with just showing stats.

Celtsfan. So, you are fine with Doc standing pat during that loss and not using the bench? It can't be win or die with just the staters can it?  You talk about faith and having to believe, where is yours and Doc's in the bench players? Last I checked they are in the NBA for a reason right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

You can pad stats in just one game.   They say RR thinks he's the smartest since Cooz.   But, I don't agree w/ him wanting to walk the ball up the court the whole 2nd half.   You should first not commit turnovers.   But, you should still push the ball.   You still want easy shots and not have to go against a set defense all the time.   you don't go to the foul line that way.   The team down pushes and drives and goes to the line.   The team walking loses rythm, doesn't go to the line and have to think too much.   Like in track, you're suppose to run thru the tape.   In ball, you have to play thru the clock.   Running w/o turning the ball isn't easy for most players, but you do have the added cushion of not having to make risky passes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

You can pad stats in just one game.   They say RR thinks he's the smartest since Cooz.   But, I don't agree w/ him wanting to walk the ball up the court the whole 2nd half.   You should first not commit turnovers.   But, you should still push the ball.   You still want easy shots and not have to go against a set defense all the time.   you don't go to the foul line that way.   The team down pushes and drives and goes to the line.   The team walking loses rythm, doesn't go to the line and have to think too much.   Like in track, you're suppose to run thru the tape.   In ball, you have to play thru the clock.   Running w/o turning the ball isn't easy for most players, but you do have the added cushion of not having to make risky passes.
    Posted by docc

they dont say Rondo THINKS hes the smartest since Cousy, they say Rondo IS the smartest since Cousy, and according to Doc and most coaches and players in the league, he's one of the smartest players in the league, def the smartest on the Celtics team. i just dont get why fans think they know more than the players and coaches that are around the game for a living.

and ppl need to stop with the TO's..he has the ball on every single offensive possession. it all starts with him and usually ends with him. so to not expect him to commit a turnover every now and then is unreasonable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : Stats are not always the complete story.  His stats last game were fine but you think it was a good game for him?  He had another game with great numbers but he had 7 turn overs which nullifies a great game.  Being lazy on defense, not pushing the ball are things that don't show up in the stats.  Not scoring and going to the line is another one. (well I guess they do show up in the stats)  PP has had to deal with the same thing for years. He carried the Celtics for years and it wasn't good enough. Even this year one or two bad games and he get toasted when he is injured. Not much mention of the fantastic game he played Friday nite. It just comes with the territory Jamez. KG has played well and he pretty much was as big a problem Friday as anyone.   If you want to be a superstar you have to take the bad with the good.
    Posted by lakerfaker

purely based on eyes, and statistics, Rondo had a very good game the other night. the only problem was his turnovers, and it wasnt 7 as you stated, it was 4. everything else Rondo did, he did well, he shot the ball well, passed the ball well, rebounded well, kept everyone involved while keeping aggressive, pushed the ball up the floor, scored in the 4th when noone else was doing it..wat else did the guy have to do?? i admit he didnt have a perfect game, but he had a very good game that us fans are starting to GREATLY undervalue. 15 assists has become super normal. he grabs 8 rbs and ppl down even raise an eyebrow. its a joke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : purely based on eyes, and statistics, Rondo had a very good game the other night. the only problem was his turnovers, and it wasnt 7 as you stated, it was 4. everything else Rondo did, he did well, he shot the ball well, passed the ball well, rebounded well, kept everyone involved while keeping aggressive, pushed the ball up the floor, scored in the 4th when noone else was doing it..wat else did the guy have to do?? i admit he didnt have a perfect game, but he had a very good game that us fans are starting to GREATLY undervalue. 15 assists has become super normal. he grabs 8 rbs and ppl down even raise an eyebrow. its a joke.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Jamez are you saying we can't win, because if Rondo is doing all he can we could very well lose this series.  Nothing is simple and stats do not tell the story. I am praying Rondo can will the Celtics for two more victories and Avery and others will heal some.  Rondo has proven himself a fine player, to go to the status of Celtic greats he needs to lead them to victory in two more games. The troubling thing is I know Rondo will have one signature game, the question is will he do it in two in the next games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Stats are not always the complete story. Look at Lebron stats(full, or padded), yet they are down 2-1. It surely just can't be about stats as Lakerfaker put it. Stats don't show laziness on D, or lack of aggressiveness on O. They don't show how a player looks during a critical possession. Lots get missed with just showing stats. Celtsfan. So, you are fine with Doc standing pat during that loss and not using the bench? It can't be win or die with just the staters can it?  You talk about faith and having to believe, where is yours and Doc's in the bench players? Last I checked they are in the NBA for a reason right?
    Posted by antiqueman1

I would like to have seen Pietrus and Bradley in at the end of the game since Ray wasn't getting open.  But, Bradley was hurt and I think Doc was wrong not to have Pietrus on Igudala.   But, I DON'T think having Steimsma, Sasha, nor moore would have made ANY difference and it would likely have hurt us in my opinion.   I think you sub to WIN not to hope that you save yourself for next game.   

As for the subs, they are in the NBA because the Celtics gave them a job and short of a bench job with the C's, I don't think Steimsma, Hollins, Sasha, nor Daniels would be in the NBA!  That's how bad our bench is.   We got Steimsma from the NBDL, got Hollins after being waived by multiple teams, got Daniels from retirement, and Sasha after a buy out.  So....tell me why they are in the NBA???

My overriding point, however, is not that Doc coached or didn't coach a good game.  Its that those bench players would not have saved our game.  We lost because our starters just didn't play well with the lead starting in the 2nd qtr and culminating with a missed layup, bad pass, and missed opportunities.....and two fantastic shots by Philly that they wouldn't normally make.   It had nothing to do with Steimer, Sasha, Moore, or Daniels not playing.

Sections
Shortcuts