I don't get Lin-sanity??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from alchow00. Show alchow00's posts

Re: I don't get Lin-sanity??

In Response to Re: I don't get Lin-sanity??:
    I mean yeah he had a great fourth quarter and was ridiculously horrible the other three.  I am cool with that if you are.
    Posted by snakeoil123

Yeah, he didn't shoot well in the first 3 quarters and that happens.  But he made it up for it in the 4 and led his team to victory.  What's wrong with that?
    It is much better than playing well for 3 quarters and disappearing in the 4th (like Rondo often did) and the team loses.

Ideally you'd like him to play well in all four quarters but he's human.  He can have good games and bad games, good quarters and bad quarters, ups and downs just like everybody does.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: I don't get Lin-sanity?? : I'd take that over a PG who is all world for 2 and 1/2 quarters and then, on cue, disappears. Its not how you start the game... it's how you finish..... better known as nut cuppin' time. Give me the intensity/excitement of the last 5 minutes of a close NBA game and you can have all the run-up. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

See you're using this to make a Rondo comparison. That's cool I suppose but  it isn't what I am talking about.

Again Lin went 4 for 17 and had three assists.  Last night he shot horribly and didn't get anyone involved.  And then he had a good fourth quarter.  Lin didn't have a good game last night.  He had a good quarter.  And yes it was the last one.  Yay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: I don't get Lin-sanity?? : See you're using this to make a Rondo comparison. That's cool I suppose but  it isn't what I am talking about. Again Lin went 4 for 17 and had three assists.  Last night he shot horribly and didn't get anyone involved.  And then he had a good fourth quarter.  Lin didn't have a good game last night.  He had a good quarter.  And yes it was the last one.  Yay.
    Posted by snakeoil123

Yay???? If R9R ever had such a meaningful 4th quarter, you would be screaming from the rooftops. The earth would shake.

The entire point of this thread was to make an unfavorable  comparison of Lin to R9R...  a putdown.

Lin has 4th quarter G-U-T-S, something that R9R sorely lacks, despite all the swagger and talk about his being among the best PGs in the NBA.

You can't teach guts. You either have it or you don't.

And if you don't... then your  shots don't fall at crunch time.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

i dont think he had a good 4th either..
     drives to the basket ,throws up wild shots..then gets fouled
    guess its ok cuz he does make most of his fts
    yet it also sets him up for injury

he's a good free throw shooter
    cuz its what he did in the 4th .
     shoot free throws.

4/17 is volumes.

i think rr is better. {not by miles though}