I don't understand the strategy of doubling Chris Paul

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: I don't understand the strategy of doubling Chris Paul

Kirk we just got out run, out rebounded, out hustled,  out muscled and out played  CP3 was not the difference in this game.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

doubling paul saves the problem of rondo gambling for steals and missing and blade griffin and deanderthal jordan running a dunk show on us all night?  just venturing a guess.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Playing 4 v 5 again, only this time on defense cause Rondo cant guard anyone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

NBA guards can often get by anyone and create havoc.  I'm sure Doc was trying to force the ball out of Chris Paul's hands hoping that would eliminate the havoc he creates with his passes and lobs.  Remember when our guards get beat, the big men have to help and our D is completely broken down.  He was retrying to prevent that.   Problem is the Clippers did everything else right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to genaro008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kirk we just got out run, out rebounded, out hustled,  out muscled and out played  CP3 was not the difference in this game.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for proving my point.

Why double Paul? He wasn't the problem.

[/QUOTE]

The point is,  often you have no point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Playing 4 v 5 again, only this time on defense cause Rondo cant guard anyone.

[/QUOTE]

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I thought we doubled just about everyone which is why 3 point shooters are usually left wide open.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

There was nothing the Celtics really could have done to have avoided that loss last night.  Everytime they to a step forward, they then took four backwards....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NBA guards can often get by anyone and create havoc.  I'm sure Doc was trying to force the ball out of Chris Paul's hands hoping that would eliminate the havoc he creates with his passes and lobs.  Remember when our guards get beat, the big men have to help and our D is completely broken down.  He was retrying to prevent that.   Problem is the Clippers did everything else right.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Paul was going where he wanted to and then setting up mates for easy shots..kind of what Rondo does when he feels like it..Rondo could not stay in front of him...what else is new...

Later, Doc put Lee on him and did a much better job, but the pace of the game was already set.. They hit every shot they took, and dared us to do the same...We don't have enough outside shooters that can force a team out of their zones..you have to move the ball and hit your shots..we did neither one...plus our D was horrible, not a good combination..the scouting reports are out on the C's..not a good outside shooting team..play zone (takes Rondo out)

and run on them...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

This one key to why Bradley is so essential.  He will play D on the top guard for every team the Celtics play and give them fits.  It starts with stopping the dribble penetration and that is what he does.  I wish we could trade Terry before Lee.  Lee plays better D off the bench and runs the floor better.  His shot will come back and Terry's shot hasn't been much better.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Plus if you can use your double, down low, it puts less stress on the bigs since they have problems there anyway.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Terry will not be traded but that is not to say that I would rather have Lee than Terry because of his defense.  Just a wish and not reality.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This one key to why Bradley is so essential.  He will play D on the top guard for every team the Celtics play and give them fits.  It starts with stopping the dribble penetration and that is what he does.  I wish we could trade Terry before Lee.  Lee plays better D off the bench and runs the floor better.  His shot will come back and Terry's shot hasn't been much better.

[/QUOTE]

but wait- i thought rondo was essential, a star player, if you will!!!  and i KNOW that he has the quickness to do everything that avery does as far as staying in front of the ball, he just chooooooooooooooooooosssses not to do that....  so we have a "so essential" avery bradley who has to carry the defensive nut for both himself and rondo.

even alongside bradley- an example of great defense, rondo could not muster the discipline to bend the wickets and stare at your man's gut.  that stuff still works- dave cowens camp was right!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to red2004sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

but wait- i thought rondo was essential, a star player, if you will!!!  and i KNOW that he has the quickness to do everything that avery does as far as staying in front of the ball, he just chooooooooooooooooooosssses not to do that....  so we have a "so essential" avery bradley who has to carry the defensive nut for both himself and rondo.

even alongside bradley- an example of great defense, rondo could not muster the discipline to bend the wickets and stare at your man's gut.  that stuff still works- dave cowens camp was right!!!!

[/QUOTE]

No, they are just different players..kind of like we have different posters here with different opinions..some make sense, others not so much...Bradley type of defense is very rare..Rondo is more of a gambling type, gets his steals off poking, and steals of the lanes...just different players..if if was that easy, then we would have 5 players that can rebound, score, and defend at all times..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, they are just different players..kind of like we have different posters here with different opinions..some make sense, others not so much...Bradley type of defense is very rare..Rondo is more of a gambling type, gets his steals off poking, and steals of the lanes...just different players..if if was that easy, then we would have 5 players that can rebound, score, and defend at all times..

[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  no.  "a gambling type" is a conscious decision, not an INHERENT limitation of one's physical gifts...... but rather a SELF IMPOSED limitation on the EFFECTIVENESS of one's physical gifts. 

funny how when rondo wanted to, he could get up underneath lebwrong james and bother the crap out of him and lebwrong couldn't get by him.  if rondo WANTS TO, he can play all the best all league good fundamental defense in the WORLD- the problem is that HE DOES NOT WANT TO and nobody has guided him that way. 

and now, it's too late.  you have engrained habits that have gruesome effects on an aging team with no help defense any longer in effect.  many of davis' charges that he took were a result of rondo's bad defense.  sullinger is showing some signs of picking up that role but not enough yet to mitigate the rondo roulette turnstyle "el toro" D

make sense?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Dude you really need to let this Davis thing slide.  If you think Davis would be making a difference around here you are in lala land.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts