I DON'T WANT TO SEE DWIGHT HOWARD IN A CELTICS UNIFORM ! CERTAINLY NOT FOR RONDO !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I DON'T WANT TO SEE DWIGHT HOWARD IN A CELTICS UNIFORM ! CERTAINLY NOT FOR RONDO !

Rondo for Dwight Howard ?

What a terrible , horrible idea.

Dwight Howard is the most overrated player in the NBA and he'd never sign a contract extension with Boston. You're gonna trade Rondo and hope Dwight Howard keeps his word ?

This is the idiot who destroyed the Orlando franchise. All he had to do was play out his contract but he opted in for the final year at the last minute ? Then he forces Orlando to trade him , they do him a favor by sending him to the Lakers and he can't handle the spotlight ? Does anyone think he'd be able to handle the spotlight in Boston ? Or play for Doc Rivers ? Or cope with the insane Boston sports fans ? Or live in Massachusetts ?

CRAZY BAD TRADE IDEA

Now how about Rondo for Brandon Jennings and Issalova or whatever his name is ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: I DON'T WANT TO SEE DWIGHT HOWARD IN A CELTICS UNIFORM ! CERTAINLY NOT FOR RONDO !

In response to PHX85014's comment:

Dwight Howard is the most overrated player in the NBA and he'd never sign a contract extension with Boston. You're gonna trade Rondo and hope Dwight Howard keeps his word ?

This is the idiot who destroyed the Orlando franchise. All he had to do was play out his contract but he opted in for the final year at the last minute ? Then he forces Orlando to trade him , they do him a favor by sending him to the Lakers and he can't handle the spotlight ? Does anyone think he'd be able to handle the spotlight in Boston ? Or play for Doc Rivers ? Or cope with the insane Boston sports fans ? Or live in Massachusetts ?

CRAZY BAD TRADE IDEA

I disagree. JUST DO IT! to steal a phrase.  If you can trade ANY NBA player who is recovering from brand new knee surgery, especially a PG who relies on his freakish athletic abilities, for an ALL-Star, THEN YOU HAVE TO DO IT. This ain't the NFL where you can compensate for this kind of injurey for a couple of years with bulky knee braces and such until you are completely healed.  Its the NBA where quick moves and joint stability, especially in the legs, is critical to success.  I think they do this 100 times out of 100 if DH is really available. Only way it don't happen, is if Lakers refuse, which I believe they would. Next thread..........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: I DON'T WANT TO SEE DWIGHT HOWARD IN A CELTICS UNIFORM ! CERTAINLY NOT FOR RONDO !

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to PHX85014's comment:

CRAZY BAD TRADE IDEA

I disagree. JUST DO IT! to steal a phrase.  If you can trade ANY NBA player who is recovering from brand new knee surgery, especially a PG who relies on his freakish athletic abilities, for an ALL-Star, THEN YOU HAVE TO DO IT. This ain't the NFL where you can compensate for this kind of injurey for a couple of years with bulky knee braces and such until you are completely healed, its the NBA where quick moves and joint stability are critical to success.  I think they do this 100 times out of 100 if DH is really available. Only way it don't happen, is if Lakers refuse, which I believe they would. Next thread..........

Would you do it if Howard refuse to agree to resign before the deal?  We still have his Bird's right but someone can sign him at the end of the season.  At least we will be right there with Miami for the championship this year if his back holds up.  Lakers are probably going to want a couple of first round picks...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bad, Bad, Bad deal if it was really proposed:

1. Howard has no offensive shot - can only dunk

2. Howard can't hit a free throw and he's getting fouled underneath because of it

3. Howard has had back surgery and now has to have shoulder surgery

4. Rondo cannot easily be replaced.  He holds the ball way too much thoughout the game, but if he can adjust that, our half court playoff basektball is helped.

5. Rondo costs a LOT less than Howard so we hurt our ability to spend money on a bench as long as we pay Howard his money.

6. Most of all - Howard may be gone in 3 or 4 months!  He's a free agent who wants to go to Dallas or New Jersey!  Its well known.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Forgot to add - in a fast breaking offense, Howard is slow nor s he good at kicking the ball out.  When was the last time Howard got the ball and got it down court fast, ala Wes Unseld or Charles Bardley or even LeBron james?  The guy is  poor passer on top of everything else so when double teamed, he's useless - as the Lakers are finiding out right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I agree the guy is a loser if he is not motivated.  It can be buying low and selling high with him at this point, who knows?  The guy basically carried Orlando on his back for many years and a devestating rebounder and shot blocker.  We need him only for this year or maybe a couple of years and we rebuild.  If we can get a championship out of it, it is more than worth it to me.  I know it is a big IF, but the value proposition is there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Dwight Howard as a Celtic would turn out to be a bigger blunder than Vin Baker, Vitaly Potopenko, Danny Fortson, Mark Blount, Tony Battie, Raef Lafrenze , Theo Ratliff COMBINUED !

Besides, Steve Nash is locked in for 3 years as a Laker

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

4. Rondo cannot easily be replaced.  He holds the ball way too much thoughout the game, but if he can adjust that, our half court playoff basektball is helped.

Rondo... already replaced by Rondo-DNP... and we're doing way better than expected.

Rondo-DNP gets my vote for MVP.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Danny would do this in a second and so would I.  What a steal.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  

Alternatively, I like the other rumor swirling even better.  Garnett to the Clips for PG Bledseo and Center Jordon.  That gives us a young center and a dynamic young guard that can shoot and play D top play along side Bradley.  With Green and Sully, Pierce coming off the bench... then trade Rondo for another key piece, like Josh Smith, and we have a rebuilt championship contender in 2014! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Danny would do this in a second and so would I.  What a steal.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  

Alternatively, I like the other rumor swirling even better.  Garnett to the Clips for PG Bledseo and Center Jordon.  That gives us a young center and a dynamic young guard that can shoot and play D top play along side Bradley.  With Green and Sully, Pierce coming off the bench... then trade Rondo for another key piece, like Josh Smith, and we have a rebuilt championship contender in 2014! 

Yes the winning tradition of Deandre Jordan, Bledsoe, and Smith is championship stuff.  You can't be serious.  None of these guys is a leader and Jordan and Smith are horrible offensive players.  How will you score enough to win a game? You won't. Remember the Clippers are willing to dump Jordan because they now regret signing him to that contract.   

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i don't want howard anywhere near this team..howard is a loser..go ask kobe about that one...his mind set is not about winning...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Don't want any parts of LAKERS trash!!!!!!!  Next armchair GM trade proposal?????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkite74. Show mrkite74's posts

I know Danny does not need to address every trade rumor, but it seems funny the GM to address it was kupchak.  It makes sense for Kupchak to do this seeing as DH is still playing. Just makes me think Danny is really up to something with Rondo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to mrkite74's comment:

I know Danny does not need to address every trade rumor, but it seems funny the GM to address it was kupchak.  It makes sense for Kupchak to do this seeing as DH is still playing. Just makes me think Danny is really up to something with Rondo

if kupchak wanted to deal he would deal with the nets and get lopez back in the deal..he would want a center in return.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkite74. Show mrkite74's posts

I agree, just think Danny probably went to him with the offer.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I hope it gets done, it's a steal for the celtics, imagine kg and dh protecting the paint, but if they trade kg then it doesn't matter

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Howard is way overrated.

So is Rondo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

In response to mrkite74's comment:

if kupchak wanted to deal he would deal with the nets and get lopez back in the deal..he would want a center in return.

Lakers would not trade their center away unless they got one back. All their backups are injured

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Howard can be the most dominating C in the NBA for years to come.  He has just played for losers and ppor organizations in the past.

Give him some Celtics pride, tradition and structure, and he will mature and excel.  He is looking for a stable home and Boston can provide that.  

My guess is that Danny would trade Rondo straight up (with detritus) for Howard, as any sane person would, and he probably proposed the deal to begin with, but  L.A. rejected it, as any sane person would do in the L.A. organization.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Would take Howard for Rondo straight up in a heart beat!!

We've shown we're better without ROndo and picking up a shot blocker/rebounder is perfect trade off for the brat.  Also gives us a low post threat that we dont have..

Id even put a bow on top of Rondos head and special deliver him to LA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Howard is way overrated.

Agree, i am not againt trading Rondo however the Dwightmare is no way to go future, he's got red flags all over bad back, bad shoulder, prima donna. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I'm not sure how I feel about this "rumor" trade.

If we get Howard I think the plan would be to lure Josh Smith in the offseason to help resign Howard. I'm not sure Ainge would need assurances that Howard resigns. Getting Howard right now would put us right there to beat the HEAT. KG and Howard would be too much for the HEAT inside.

As for giving up Rondo, well we already have AB and Lee so our PG poision going forward is ok.,

Now imagine next year AB, Lee, Green, Smith and Howard starting. PP would probably want to come back and KG would as well...both of them coming off the bench with Sully.

Now that's a quick makeover of a team that can compete for a title for the next 4 years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Yes the winning tradition of Deandre Jordan, Bledsoe, and Smith is championship stuff.  You can't be serious.  None of these guys is a leader and Jordan and Smith are horrible offensive players.  How will you score enough to win a game? You won't. Remember the Clippers are willing to dump Jordan because they now regret signing him to that contract.   

Absolutely.

Sections
Shortcuts