I feel bad for Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I feel bad for Rondo

The Rondo haters have been telling us all along that Rondo is a liability because he can't shoot.  That he plays with three hall of famers and a long list of PG's would vastly outperform him if here.

The guy that I don't see out there is the electrifying Rondo that gets multiple triple double against the bulls in 2009 and singlehandedly wins games against Cleveland, Orlando, and the Lakers last year.  Games 2 and 4 against the Lakers were won by Rondo.  Playing as if all the other players had their feet nailed to the floor.

Where is that guy? Rondo must be hurting physically and I feel bad for him because I know he is a great competitor and capable of playing as he did just games ago.  He's a kid and there is no way he is not capable of that play again.

The Rondo haters were right about his shooting limitations but his forced passes and lack of penetration lately are sure signs he is hurt.  I think he is our secret weapon and hope his injuries get resolved before the playoffs.  If not we are cooked before the playoffs even start.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: I feel bad for Rondo

So he should sit himself down or Doc should do it for him.
    Why don't they? It baffling to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Rondo is the Celts QB. 

Tom Brady is the MVP QB of Boston. 

If Rondo ends up with another ring...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo needs to find a way to get back his game.  For that reason I think he needs to evaluate how he can do that.  

Play less minutes.

Sit out a few games.

Or get his head straight is there are personal problems that are draining him right now.

Whatever he does he should be shooting a la Ray Allen while he gets ready to come back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: I feel bad for Rondo:
    Rondo needs to find a way to get back his game.  For that reason I think he needs to evaluate how he can do that.   Play less minutes. Sit out a few games. Or get his head straight is there are personal problems that are draining him right now. Whatever he does he should be shooting a la Ray Allen while he gets ready to come back.
    Posted by concord27

Rondo is an egomaniac. He can't possibly evaluate himself.

After all, why should he? He is the smartest guy around.

As Dan Quayle said, "Your mind is a terrible thing to lose."

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc is letting him play so I guess he has a clean enough bill of health.

or do you feel Doc & DA & ROndos agent would allow Rondo to play if it could cause more serious injury or delay his healing??

Again, its not that Rondo is playing poorly, its that his effort isnt there either. Theres many reasons for playing poorly but how many for not putting out the effort?  If its due to injury, why is he out there???  Its not like hes helping us win so why would he be out there playing injured??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

That's why I thought there is a good chance his problem emotional.  He may have a problem with the trade or his home life who knows.

BBalliq,
    I mentioned the option of him sitting a few games because his ability to play in the playoffs dictates more than if the team needs him as a starter now.  I can't determine if he is injured and if he is why does not sit for a few games. Sure it will kill our record but we need this guy more than Shaq.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: I feel bad for Rondo : Rondo is an egomaniac. He can't possibly evaluate himself. After all, why should he? He is the smartest guy around. As Dan Quayle said, "Your mind is a terrible thing to lose." Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

You admitted he`s hurt in another post, after KG stated what was obvious to many of us.I`m sure your mea culpas are forthcoming,unless you`re a hypocrite as well as a character assassin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Rondo obviosuly has been in a funk but all players deal with this type of thing at times during the season.

Rondo will likely be himself come playoff time and with Shaq and the bench coming to form all will be fine. Once Rondo gets in a groove all will be well. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

why you feel bad for rondo?
    just think the million dollars he was making....you probaby will work for the rest of your natural life just to get near $200,000

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

If he's hurting, sit him down.  Look at Shaq, JO, BBD, Wafer, etc.
    Would rather the C's had the 3 seed, than go into the playoffs with Rondo not 100%. 
    But I bet it's more than just physical.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Doc is letting him play so I guess he has a clean enough bill of health. or do you feel Doc & DA & ROndos agent would allow Rondo to play if it could cause more serious injury or delay his healing?? Again, its not that Rondo is playing poorly, its that his effort isnt there either. Theres many reasons for playing poorly but how many for not putting out the effort?  If its due to injury, why is he out there???  Its not like hes helping us win so why would he be out there playing injured??
    Posted by Karllost

There was no back-up! Now that we have one or two you should see him sitting more. I guess you don't remember when KG was playing hurt and everyone said he was old and lost a step. Pro Athletes will play until someone tells them they can't, that's just the way they roll..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Now that West is back and Arroyo has proved to be serviceable at the guard spot Rondo is going to average less than 30 a game somewhere around 22 to 25 would be my guess. I can see Doc sitting him against a few of the weaker teams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Controller,
    Of course Rondo did not win games 2 and 4 singlehanded but I believe he was the main driver in those two wins.  They are embedded in memory.  I mention them to emphasize the unique force that Rondo is.  He is the defining player on the Celtics when right.

Rondo needs to get back to the way he played in last year's playoffs or we have no chance was my point.  And I feel bad for the kid see him struggle right now and I do not know what is wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to I feel bad for Rondo : Game 2 was won by Ray Allen. Game 4 was won by Shrek and Donkey. Check his scoring averages in all of the previous series and in the Finals. His numbers were down against the Lakers in comparison to what Rondo did to the Heat, the Cavs, and the Magic. The Lakers did not shut him down--and Rondo almost came up with a huge steal near the end of Game 7--but the Laker strategy of laying off him did have some success.
    Posted by ControllerMod

game 2 was won by rondo and allen. allen did all his damage in the first half, but the lakers actually retook the lead in the 4th quarter, before rondo took over in the clutch, turning the game into his own personal layup drill, playing inspired defense and hitting a key jumpshot with zero hesitation to seal the win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Rondo is not an egomaniac, nor is he unable to evaluate himself.  Once again, the haters turn to fake psychoanalysis to justify their ignortant criticisms.

Rondo is hurt.  KG has now verified what most of us suspected.  Rondo has plantar fasciitis, which is extremely painful.  That he is still playing NBA basketball is a testament to his heart.   

Sitting him down for a few days or a week or a month is very unlikely to cure the condition or lessen the pain.  The usual treatment consists of wearing a special "boot" for up to six months, and avoiding putting any pressure on the inflamed tendon.  

The Celtics team doctor has no doubt told Doc that even a few weeks of rest is unlikely to overcome the condition.  That's why Doc has continued to use Rondo, hoping that the inflamation wouldn't get worse.  Unfortunately, it has.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Either Rondo's just in a funk or he has some minor and nagging injuries of the legs. He turned his ankle about a week ago and as fans, we don't know what else could be going on with his health. My guess is that he has some minor leg injuries as he's not rebounding as well or driving with the quickness as he usually does. Than again,  my hunch may be wrong and he may just be in a funk. Whatever the case is, I hope he's back to his usual self be the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo is not an egomaniac, nor is he unable to evaluate himself.  Once again, the haters turn to fake psychoanalysis to justify their ignortant criticisms. Rondo is hurt.  KG has now verified what most of us suspected.  Rondo has plantar fasciitis, which is extremely painful.  That he is still playing NBA basketball is a testament to his heart.    Sitting him down for a few days or a week or a month is very unlikely to cure the condition or lessen the pain.  The usual treatment consists of wearing a special "boot" for up to six months, and avoiding putting any pressure on the inflamed tendon.   The Celtics team doctor has no doubt told Doc that even a few weeks of rest is unlikely to overcome the condition.  That's why Doc has continued to use Rondo, hoping that the inflamation wouldn't get worse.  Unfortunately, it has.  
    Posted by jerrycole

Come on, does your statement above really make sense?

Continuing to play Rondo in games causing high impact stress on his feet had Doc hoping the inflamation wouldnt get worse? lol

Thats the worse thing he could have done. If anything, sitting Rondo or playng limited minutes at best would have been the thing to do. 

Nah, if Rondos PF was severe enough that he risked hurting it further or missing the playoffs... theres no excuse for playing him...

Ill take it one step further... the only reason Doc may have decided to play Rondo with the injury anyway is cause we needed to win games for HCA  yet, Rondo wasnt helping us win at all...quite the contrary, hes been the weak link.

So the rationale just doesnt make sense... he shouldnt be playing if they didnt want to risk further and more severe injury  or  his value playing to the team as an injured player was extremely minor, more hurt than good..

So, if its PF thats his problem..theres no scenario that makes sense why he's been playing..

Also, KG said Rondo is playing hurt... However, DOc said hes not, thats hes just not playing well.  We really dont know cause KG could be covering for him and vica versa..  All thats left is some logic and common sense

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Doc should rest Rondo for a solid week and start West, with Carlos giving help at times.  West is our best all around guard but Rondo is our starter and can lead us to another championship, but most good point guards would look great with the big three plus Davis , West , and Green.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Naptime for JerryCole!!!

Rondo is not an egomaniac, nor is he unable to evaluate himself.  Once again, the haters turn to fake psychoanalysis to justify their ignortant criticisms. Rondo is hurt.  KG has now verified what most of us suspected.  Rondo has plantar fasciitis, which is extremely painful.  That he is still playing NBA basketball is a testament to his heart.    Sitting him down for a few days or a week or a month is very unlikely to cure the condition or lessen the pain.  The usual treatment consists of wearing a special "boot" for up to six months, and avoiding putting any pressure on the inflamed tendon.   The Celtics team doctor has no doubt told Doc that even a few weeks of rest is unlikely to overcome the condition.  That's why Doc has continued to use Rondo, hoping that the inflamation wouldn't get worse.  Unfortunately, it has.  
    Posted by jerrycole

JerryC: Since even a few weeks rest won't make this "injury" any better, management is going to play Rondo hoping that it won't get any worse????

Have you lost your mind??? Do you even have a mind?

This is too too funny.

Take your Haldol as prescribed. Shame on you.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Rondo hurt?

KG says he is. Doc says that KG is wrong, and that he has just having a bad stretch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Clearly KG confirming Rondo is hurt is true.  So we are left with how much it effects his play.  The guess is a lot.  If he is out there it must not hurt him one way or the other.  It is just that his play is far more ineffectual.

So Doc what do we do?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Rondo hurt? KG says he is. Doc says that KG is wrong, and that he has just having a bad stretch.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

And DA agrees with KG. so I think Doc's comments, as a coach, are motivational for Rondo's sake more than anything else.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

You cant make P.F. any worse by playing,. it just wont get better, but the fact he is still playing, maybe there is something going like them wanted to keep that foot active of fear if he sits it may tighten up...just a hunch....    I think the only reason Rondo is allowed to play is because of the way he is playing...Why would be trying to dunk on people(something he did ealrier)  if his foot is bad...he is just out there trying to keep the offense on schedule...and seeing as tho he is not a big volume scorer, Doc probably thinks its ok to have him in there as long as he doenst go too hard, and us fans dont like it...but you really wouldnt like the alternative...and you wouldnt like Bradley starting either...I dont believe Arroyo would get people involved  in the offense effecitvely, he has missed a lot of open guys on pick and rolls, and starting to show why Miami dumped...can he provide scoring off the bench and space the floor, YEs, can he duplicate Rondo with the starters?  NOt even close...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

WHoever believes Doc in this is just pure well, let me be nice

Why would Doc accounce Rondo has an injury so guys can go at him in the playoffs?  Have we gotten any truth about injured players yet this year???  I'll leave it at that...

Sections
Shortcuts