I had a terrible nightmare.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I had a terrible nightmare.

I was having trouble falling asleep. Not uncommon for me. So I doze off at the computer for about an hour.

I dreamt that the Celtics resigned Brian Scalabrine. It was awful. That's how terrified I am by the prospect of having to watch him destroy the rythm of whatever squad he happens to be paired up with at any given moment during a game. I'm actually dreaming about it.

That was the one good thing about watching the big three grow older. Every year we were that much closer to being rid of Scal. I wont feel safe until some other team signs him.

I mean, if Danny was stupid enough to sign him once, who's to say he wont do it again?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Re: I had a terrible nightmare.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Scal back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: I had a terrible nightmare.:
    I wouldnt be surprised to see Scal back.
    Posted by existentialparquet

I really hope that Scal isn't resigned for next year. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I agree.  Nice guy not suited to help this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

I agree.  Nice guy not suited to help this team.
    Posted by concord27

The only way I'd want him back with the celtics was as their new towel boy or assistant coach.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

Scal may be back as an assistant to Doc.  Although he can't play the game, he knows the game well and he's been with the system so long that he could be a solid coaching asset.  If that doesn't pan out, Scal always has a job as the team mascot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Plain and simple, re-signing Scal would be an admission by Danny that he did not do his job in free agency.  It would be Danny raising a sign saying "sorry Celtics fans but I dropped the ball on free agency".

But you would hear the best spin job ever in his explanation for bringing him back.

Wow dafoe, now THAT'S a nightmare.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

In Response to Re: I had a terrible nightmare. : I really hope that Scal isn't resigned for next year. 
    Posted by susan250

For Scal, he was playing his best ball before the concussions.  I think the end of the bench could be filled with a Sims or Gaffney instead

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Plain and simple, re-signing Scal would be an admission by Danny that he did not do his job in free agency.  It would be Danny raising a sign saying " sorry Celtics fans but I dropped the ball on free agency ". But you would hear the best spin job ever in his explanation for bringing him back. Wow dafoe, now THAT'S a nightmare.
    Posted by Petey62

Yeah, he gots a high basketball IQ an he spread da floor.  Money mouth

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I still say it was the big contract and not the contributions that turned people off to Scal.  The man got a payday to come here, never lived up to his contract but was always serviceable when he got minutes.  At the vet minimum, he's worth it, but I do think they could use the roster spot more wisely at this point. 

I am partial to gingerheads, so I may be biased. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticsTillTheCasketDrops. Show CelticsTillTheCasketDrops's posts

Celtics been hurtin for a decent white player for so long the fans fell in love with the redhead yo that is the only reason why he was there.believe me not for contributing.They might as well have kept scott pollard.He was much tougher and had great experience from being with the sacramento kings he did contribute some'em to that 2008 championship season.but scally wacker just ain't the fit

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

I can think of a lot worse nightmares than having Scal riding the pine as your 12th man....like having him as your 6th or 7th man.

A guy like Scal has his place on a good team.  I can understand why Doc and Danny may want to bring him back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

I hope Scal ends up in Miami so he can work on his tan year round! Nice guy though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

rickrand3, Miami would be the ideal spot for Scal.  He deserves a nice gig in Miami while he would satisfy a need for them.  He could actually be in their 8/9 man rotation.

He's much more productive than Juwan Howard and Big Z and Joel Anthony and all the other vet min bums Miami has surrounded The Soft Three with.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

5 years of that guy was enough!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Scalibrine, he's our man, If he can't do it, no one can. GO SCAL, GO SCAL, GO SCAL.
       The only other Celtic I ever used that cheer for was Joe Klein.

Sections
Shortcuts