I Have Dream...6 #1 picks in the next 2 yrs to add to Kelly n Sully....Thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

I Have Dream...6 #1 picks in the next 2 yrs to add to Kelly n Sully....Thoughts?

I can go both ways also on this REBUILD theories that are going back and forth on this forum. BUT.....I must admit that I am becoming quite intrigued with the thought of drafting 6 number one picks over the next 2 years to add too Kelly O and Sully. And it can be done rather easily. Trading Rondo for a 1 this year ( LA at 7 would be sweet ) would give us 3 first rounders this year alone. IF....and I know, it's a stretch, Philly makes the playoffs next yr we will have 3 more. It's not that far fetched. SIX..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: I Have Dream...6 #1 picks in the next 2 yrs to add to Kelly n Sully....Thoughts?

And we have expiring contracts to sign a free agent or 2 in the future.  I like what we have and hope Danny plays this hand.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: I Have Dream...6 #1 picks in the next 2 yrs to add to Kelly n Sully....Thoughts?

Or we trade Green for a 1st rd pick next year.

Philly isn't making the playoffs.

“The commercial class has always mistrusted verbal brilliancy and wit, deeming such qualities, perhaps with some justice, frivolous and unprofitable.”

- Red Auerbach

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

“The commercial class has always mistrusted verbal brilliancy and wit, deeming such qualities, perhaps with some justice, frivolous and unprofitable.”

- Red Auerbach

[/QUOTE]

Philly could and just may make the playoffs if they want to. They have tons of money to spend to go along with the young studs they are going to have. They could easily sign or trade for some short term vets to groom the young guys and make the play offs IMO. It won't be that hard to do in the east. But the thought of adding 6 1st rounders along with Kelly and Sully over the next 2 yrs is prob the way to go for a LONG run of success. And the cash we would have to spend.....we would be in Phillis position now, which IMO isn't a bad one

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Depending on who the 6ers draft and sign they maybe a playoff team. They have cap space and 2 top 10 picks and 4 2nd rounders, so they have the means to turn that franchise around PDQ.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Red Auerbach

[/QUOTE]

Philly could and just may make the playoffs if they want to. They have tons of money to spend to go along with the young studs they are going to have. They could easily sign or trade for some short term vets to groom the young guys and make the play offs IMO. It won't be that hard to do in the east. But the thought of adding 6 1st rounders along with Kelly and Sully over the next 2 yrs is prob the way to go for a LONG run of success. And the cash we would have to spend.....we would be in Phillis position now, which IMO isn't a bad one

[/QUOTE]

Carter-Williams is a solid defender/passer but not the Kyrie Irving score 20+ points all the time young PG.

Thad Young is a more consistent Jeff Green who doesn't score as much

Noel has yet to play an NBA minute

Even with, say Wiggins (he will take 2 years, look lost on offense, just play NBA defense at the start) and a proven shooter like Harris or Stauskas, the 76ers are going to be WAY too young to make the playoffs.

They would have to spend all their cap space on veterans and their GM proved that ain't happening. To be the 7th or 8th seed and then LOSE their pick? Idiocy.

Look at the playoff teams this year. Other than the Raptors, if they lose Lowry, EVERYONE gets better. The Wiz will keep Gortat and Ariza for sure. The Bulls get Rose and two picks in the teens, the Nets get Lopez back, the Hawks get Horford back, the Heat and Pacers are going nowhere and the Hornets get younger/better with pick #8 and some $ to spend. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

- Red Auerbach

[/QUOTE]

NOBODY is giving up a #1 that good for a stiff like Mr. Green Jeans. It will never happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Red Auerbach

[/QUOTE]

NOBODY is giving up a #1 that good for a stiff like Mr. Green Jeans. It will never happen.

[/QUOTE]

C'mon dude. I know you HATE Green, and Rondo. But Green might be able to bring you back a very late 1st if not this yr then in the future. Or maybe in some sort of package with maybe phillies pick protected. There are ALL kind of options out there for Danny if he wants to go FULL rebuild through the draft. We will find out soon enough won't we....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

don't know how anyone can be excited about building around Sully and Kelly O.   They are both "also ran" players who make nice supplementary pieces but they are not Duncan, Kobe, Bron, Piece, Garnett, Wade, Parker, CP3, Durant, Westbrook, Griffith, or any such player.  Even if we are lucky enough to get such a player, these guys are not going to survive in a game like you see when you watch the heat beat Indiana or watch the Spurs vs Thunder.  Really - look at Kelly's foot speed and athleticism.  Really, you think that is championship material?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

- Red Auerbach

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

C'mon dude. I know you HATE Green, and Rondo. But Green might be able to bring you back a very late 1st if not this yr then in the future. Or maybe in some sort of package with maybe phillies pick protected. There are ALL kind of options out there for Danny if he wants to go FULL rebuild through the draft. We will find out soon enough won't we....

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Sections
Shortcuts