I hope none of the Celtics make the all star team!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flashman. Show flashman's posts

I hope none of the Celtics make the all star team!

I would rather see all the Celtics rest and heal then play in some stupid meaningless game.How many of you want to take a chance of KG or Paul get hurt by some stupid accident for no reason at all?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: I hope none of the Celtics make the all star team!

You're back huh? You're bored from the other forum?

The whole nba season are meaningless games until you get to the playoff & championship.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

It is extremely rare for anyone to be injured in an all star game as little defense is played.

Besides, some our stars might change the way that they play, and go for stats instead of wins, to make the all star team next year.

Let them have some fun.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I would be more worried about our guys missing out on rest than them getting injured.  When is the last time you saw a player injured during a All Star game?  Can you name one?   I like our guys getting the lime light for what they have accomplished.  None of them will get many minutes anyway with the likes of King James, Staudamire, Wade, etc. getting the bulk of the minutes.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

During the Bird-Magic era, all star voting was ok.

Today? I will go with Flashman -- stop voting!
    NBA can be aligned with "dancing with the stars & American idol"
    ............meaningless.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doesnt much matter to me.. its not like they will be grinding out a game for a team win.... a few minutes here and there

If none of them made the all-star team, DOc would prob have them practice anyway.

Shaq, Rondo, KG, Pierce all possibilities. Ray on the outside looking in

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

1 word..............Boring!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I hate the all star game and like never watch it.  Total waste of time.

Nor is it feasible that they could take 5 players from one team.  It's just not a good idea for marketing.  And lets face it, the all star game IS and SHOULD BE  about marketing.

I bet shaq makes it because he's such a good draw.  Ray won't be considered.  Probably rondo won't either unless he gets healthy and puts up numbers in a hurry.  I wouldn't be surprised if PP was snubbed either.  My guess is KG and Shaq will go and maybe Paul.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I believe that Rondo will make the all-star team.  I do agree that it is a waste of time and definitely not a very enjoyable event.  I don't particularly like watching the baseball all-star game, but it is important since it decides who has home field advantage in the World Series.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

In Response to Re: I hope none of the Celtics make the all star team!:
    "Probably rondo won't either unless he gets healthy and puts up numbers in a hurry. "

At 14.1 APG, 11 PPG and 4+ Rebounds what else does he need to do?

I agree, the All-Star game is a horse and pony show.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I am so sick of this tired argument. These guys play basketball everyday. They play in practice. They play in games. They play meaningless pickup games. They are more likely to get injured in practice. The game is still about fun. People who care so much about winning and can't see that it is still a game that deserves to be celebrated are missing half of what basketball is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

All star selections have traditionally been the means of qualifying a player's career performance, despite fan voting (large-market players have an advantage, popularity not performance), being named to the all star team is a sign of a player's individual success.  Until they have all star "teams" we have to accept that some players need to honor to justify their salary demands - oops, I meant position ranking in one year and in a career.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

have to accept that some players need to honor to justify their salary demands

Yeah? like YI Jianlian? who played in all star games?
    Things changed. Money killed the games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I like the 3 point contest and thats about it.  The game itself used to be fun cause the stars would allow each other to make wild passes and dunks. But after a few years it becomes too contrived... not as exciting but I still watch the game, usually

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Didn't we go through this last year??

Sections
Shortcuts