I keep tellin' ya

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Re: I keep tellin' ya

I think these are some interesting things:   C's are last in the league in rebounding.   With all these great "bigs" that everybody keeps talking about the C's.   All the other contending teams are at least in the top half in rebounding category
       3pt shooting:   Daniels-22%;  VWafer-27%;  ABradley-overall shooting 27%;   JAnderson of the Spurs in only 6gms-42% and 50% in 3s;   Jordan Crawford of Hawks on the team and shooting in the upper 30s%.                                     
       And you want me to be all giddy about this team now, and in the future?   
       Your guys -DA/Papile (shaking my head some more!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to I keep tellin' ya:
    [QUOTE]   Another C's first round pick having to go to the NBA D-league.   Tragic.   TRAGIC!   It's not a good sign.   DA/Papile....('I'm shaking my head').
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

How long have you been asleep?  Most would like to think that Danny is a great GM and talen evaluator.  Danny has had two opportunities to draft very good players and in one situation he traded the pick for Sebastian "its not my gun in the pillow case" Telfair and traded what would have been Jeff Green (borderline all-star playing with Durant and Westbrook) and Wally S for Ray Allen.

Danny has never drafted an all-star and every year Danny has left more than one better player on the board than the player he drafted.

That said, again Danny has only been in a position to draft legit blue chip talent twice.  During the rest of his tenure he has been in position to draft reserve players, players lucky to crack a staring lineup, players that are bench / role players at best.

So why is it a surprise that Danny has drafted a player who was at the time the #2 high school prospect in the country?  Durant, Wade, LeBron, etc. were not available at 19 in the draft. 

As is generally available (tweeners, injured, etc.) Danny selected an athletic tweener who is an NBA defensive player who needed more college or European play and who will benefit greatly from being in the D league......

Hey guess what?  What?  You don't get good players in the draft when you are a good team.........

To the degree that this may be news to you.... welcome to the f riggin NBA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ainge's worst pick in the last 5 years was Giddens. I wanted CDR and thought the C's would take him. I couldn't believe it when I heard Giddens name called.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: I keep tellin' ya:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I keep tellin' ya : How long have you been asleep?  Most would like to think that Danny is a great GM and talen evaluator.  Danny has had two opportunities to draft very good players and in one situation he traded the pick for Sebastian "its not my gun in the pillow case" Telfair and traded what would have been Jeff Green (borderline all-star playing with Durant and Westbrook) and Wally S for Ray Allen. Danny has never drafted an all-star and every year Danny has left more than one better player on the board than the player he drafted. That said, again Danny has only been in a position to draft legit blue chip talent twice.  During the rest of his tenure he has been in position to draft reserve players, players lucky to crack a staring lineup, players that are bench / role players at best. So why is it a surprise that Danny has drafted a player who was at the time the #2 high school prospect in the country?  Durant, Wade, LeBron, etc. were not available at 19 in the draft.  As is generally available (tweeners, injured, etc.) Danny selected an athletic tweener who is an NBA defensive player who needed more college or European play and who will benefit greatly from being in the D league...... Hey guess what?  What?  You don't get good players in the draft when you are a good team......... To the degree that this may be news to you.... welcome to the f riggin NBA.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I know you're not keen on rondo, but denying his allstar selection?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I know you're not keen on rondo, but denying his allstar selection?"

please don't confuse Dudder with the facts. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Who is CDR? Bias

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Chris Douglas Roberts. He was there and the C's passed on him. He plays good defense and was tearing it up during the tourney that year for Memphis with Rose. He's in Milw now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

MChalmers is who they shoulda taken instead of Giddens.   They woulda still have EHouse istead of having to trade him for NR (and/or woulda been better trade bait than Gidd or EH).   Woulda have better back up pg play.   I've been long convinced that DA can't judge NBA talent.   He isn't the first to play in the league and not be able to judge talent.   ABradley was suppose to be the second best pg coming out of hs (some said the best) in his senior team.   He is in the D-league and Wall is a candidate for rookie of the year.  AB can't even be in a ten man rotation.   Like Telfair, DA judges how you play in hs.   World apart from the NBA.   The one year rule was suppose to help GMs like DA.   A yr to evaluate against better talent.   He hasn't learned from ST nor AB.   His only thought process is who the media lauded and is at the end of their career to get them easier.   How many have noticed that Texas stunk w/ AB's one yr, but this year are again playing good!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

ainge was at the helm when we got glen davis out of that seattle deal along with ray allen.  that was turning a 2nd round pick into a ham sandwich, although many people out there hate davis because he is a "fat person".

nevertheless, he is a valid nba talent, not a great rebounder but a superb help defender and that is crucial to the celts' success the past couple years.  without davis it would have been a very different story- in a bad way.

so there is davis and rondo who has come out of danny's drafting dossier.  beyond that, not much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

BB AND LPowe.   C's haven't won anything w/o Leon.   DA let him go.   Was the best off the bench O boarder in the league.   How many years ago was DA's few accomplishments?   That's almost called luck.   Luck can win you a championship, but not multiple.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from green-mtn-boy. Show green-mtn-boy's posts

what about al jefferson?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Danny drafted well enough to be able to trade developing players for KG and Ray and still retain an all-star PG, a seviceable center in an era where there are few good big men available, and BBD, who is by no means a stiff.  He knew the likelihood of lucking out in the lottery was slim, and used a good eye for developable talent (yes, I'd still like Powe or Gomes back).  Name me one GM who has never "missed" in the draft.

You want Chris Wallace back? Pitino?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]ainge was at the helm when we got glen davis out of that seattle deal along with ray allen.  that was turning a 2nd round pick into a ham sandwich, although many people out there hate davis because he is a "fat person". nevertheless, he is a valid nba talent, not a great rebounder but a superb help defender and that is crucial to the celts' success the past couple years.  without davis it would have been a very different story- in a bad way. so there is davis and rondo who has come out of danny's drafting dossier.  beyond that, not much.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

And for a while this year, I think Davis was a competitor for 6th man of the year.....he's our second leading rebounder in substitute minutes and is generally in the game at the end of the game, playing big centers like Howard when he's really only about 6'8" or so.  Not a bad pickup, Danny.

However, no doubting that Danny took a couple of gambles that didn't work (Giddens).   Given where he's drafted, that's expected.  But he's done a pretty darn good job of building a team that can compete now (and short of a KG injury, I believe would have 2 or 3 championships by now).  With a team of that calibre - he's not going to get a lot of chances to draft great young players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If he would have drafted Monta Ellis over Gerald Green, and Deandre Jordan, over Giddens, i would put Danny at the top of the class!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

docc,

There are people that see a glass of water and see it as half full, others see it as half empty. You seem to want to see it as completely empty.

When healthy, the Cs the most dominant roster in the NBA. Danny does deserve some credit for that.

In addition, after the almost inevitable lockout next season, it is hard to say what will happen. Enjoy the ride, this could be the last year that the Cs are good for a while.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPinoy. Show GreenPinoy's posts

Draft is 50% talent, 50% luck!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Hindsight is always 20/20!  We all suffer from it.

Want to see a dumb pick of a 19 year old?  Check out Perkins playing time on BUM teams in his 1st 3 or 4 years.  He got more splinters than rebounds or points.  How did he turn out? 

Bradley is a kid, who is trying to play with 4 HOFers.  Not 4 stiffs from Jersey City.  He has to get playing time.  He has to learn his craft.

He just went for 20 Pts. in Portland the other night.  He is hitting "3"'s, and finally not under the our critical eyes.  He is where he belongs  --  on the court playing ball and learning.

Players drafted by bad teams get instant minutes.

Look at this list of Celtic Draft Choices from 1980 - 1988.  How many minutes did they get?

80  --  Wayne Kreklow  --  Ever hear of him?

81  --  Kevin McHale  --  Instant Star  --  HOFer

82  --  Charles Bradley  --  Who?

83  --  Darren Tillis  --  UGH!

84  --  Greg Kite  --  "See those Legs?"

85  --  Michael Young  --  Goodbye

86  --  Sam Vincent  --  Whoopee!

87  --  Len Bias  --  "Overdose"  --  Had it all!

88  --  Reggie Lewis  --  got just over 400 minutes as a Rookie.

None of them were 19 years old.  Yet, on good teams, only McHale and Bias would have gotten minutes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

We all know Ainge likes to get "tweeners" and 4 year players.

We've seen BBD, Powe, Luke and Gomes. All very good picks. Not every pick is going to be spot on.

I think Ainge overall gets a B for his job as GM. He's mixed in some trades. Luckily he's got an owner that doesn't mind paying the Lux Tax.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He won a championship and got to the seventh game of last years finals in the last three years and is in position to win another this year. In 2009 his team got to the conference championship without Garnett.  With a healthy Garnett he would very likely have won three championships in a row.

For that he deserves the highest mark for his GM work.  A+ for incredible imagination after losing out on Durant and Oden.  Maybe one of the most innovative moves in Sports history.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

? Didn't MEllis come out same yr as AJefferson (? or yr later?).   I'll have to look it up.   I'm not saying DA/Papile had to draft all-stars.   They had to draft off the bench players and can't even do that.   McHale gave DA KG (and lost his job for his incompetence).   RA then wouldn't have mattered.   Anytime there has been a choice of 1st rounders to choose from, DA/Papile have made the obvious wrong choice (to those in the know like me).   That's what I'm saying.   If he can't draft a bench, then it's definitely 18 losses in a row again when Bost3 is gone cause he's gonna keep blowing 1st round picks.   Has thrown away more competent bench players for no good reason other than poor talent judgement.   Because of DA/Papile's incompetence, I feel their bench is inferior and it should be much better than the championship yr.   When they tinker, they make things worse and eventually harder for the team.   Just like the 6yrs before Bost3, DA/Papile/Wallace stunk and I feel they still do for GMs.   Maine team will also stay lousy and probably fold for lack of attendence for lack of a good product.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]   ? Didn't MEllis come out same yr as AJefferson (? or yr later?).   I'll have to look it up.   I'm not saying DA/Papile had to draft all-stars.   They had to draft off the bench players and can't even do that.   McHale gave DA KG (and lost his job for his incompetence).   RA then wouldn't have mattered.   Anytime there has been a choice of 1st rounders to choose from, DA/Papile have made the obvious wrong choice (to those in the know like me).   That's what I'm saying.   If he can't draft a bench, then it's definitely 18 losses in a row again when Bost3 is gone cause he's gonna keep blowing 1st round picks.   Has thrown away more competent bench players for no good reason other than poor talent judgement.   Because of DA/Papile's incompetence, I feel their bench is inferior and it should be much better than the championship yr.   When they tinker, they make things worse and eventually harder for the team.   Just like the 6yrs before Bost3, DA/Papile/Wallace stunk and I feel they still do for GMs.   Maine team will also stay lousy and probably fold for lack of attendence for lack of a good product.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

Could you use a paragraph?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]ainge was at the helm when we got glen davis out of that seattle deal along with ray allen.  that was turning a 2nd round pick into a ham sandwich, although many people out there hate davis because he is a "fat person". nevertheless, he is a valid nba talent, not a great rebounder but a superb help defender and that is crucial to the celts' success the past couple years.  without davis it would have been a very different story- in a bad way. so there is davis and rondo who has come out of danny's drafting dossier.  beyond that, not much.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I like fat people.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Let's see.  Ainge has done some very good things and he has a total BLIND spot.
    A huge WART.  A dunder-headed Blind Spot.

Since Ainge got here he has never drafted any competition for Perk or Rondo, and except for Semih, at # 60, he has no use for foreign players.

He had to get 2 ancient guys to play Center, and Daffy Duck Delonte to be a back-up PG.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

They had Telfair Rondo's rookie year and he played ahead of Rondo.  It was because of the potential Rondo had that he was the player they kept for the next year to pull of the largest turn around in NBA history and win an NBA Title.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Right, the Celts have been such great position since the Jefferson, West, etc. draft era.  Big Baby, Rondo, West, Jefferson, Luke, Semi, Leon, the super trades with small amount of bait, Garnett and Ray.  Year right Danny can't do it.