I like Downs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I like Downs

I know he has no shot at all to make the team but I hope he catches on somewhere.  He has game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: I like Downs

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I know he has no shot at all to make the team but I hope he catches on somewhere.  He has game.

maybe lhe can go to the D league.  I think with time he could be a serviceable player

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I find my selft rooting for the kid also...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

But his days are numbered, (according to some), because of his skin pigmentation..lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

What happened to the game thread??? What did you guys  think about tonite's game??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

He is certainly making it hard on Doc.  He is more athletic than he looks.  Makes great choices on the court.  Just has a good basketball IQ.  I find myself pulling for him also.

On a side note, Joseph is looking pretty damn good also.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

+1 am on board on this one as well..guy can play. He moves his feet well on the defensive end. Can dribble, can pass..would be a good pick..I give him the edge over Kris Joseph at this moment..dunno in the long run though.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Watching the Knicks/C's game last night I was moved to make a thread about Downs... glad to see one already here.

Im liking what I see...hes quick, drives and rebounds.. also seems the hustler and can shoot.

Dont know if Doc keeps him, who's he have to beat out for the last spot on the team?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Watching the Knicks/C's game last night I was moved to make a thread about Downs... glad to see one already here.

Im liking what I see...hes quick, drives and rebounds.. also seems the hustler and can shoot.

Dont know if Doc keeps him, who's he have to beat out for the last spot on the team?

I would think it would have to be Joeseph.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

+1 am on board on this one as well..guy can play. He moves his feet well on the defensive end. Can dribble, can pass..would be a good pick..I give him the edge over Kris Joseph at this moment..dunno in the long run though.

That behind the back move was a real eye opener! I really like his hustle and agility. Joseph is beefier and is also a great player but if MD puts on some weight he might be best overall. Both are better than Kurz at this point imo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I hear you,the more I see of the guy the more I like him. Even if he racks up 80 inactives for the season I hope he makes the final 15.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Like Downs a lot... great hustle good defense athletic with good hops....the problem is Joseph gives you most of that but he also is a threat from outside so I would def give him the edge

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Like Downs a lot... great hustle good defense athletic with good hops....the problem is Joseph gives you most of that but he also is a threat from outside so I would def give him the edge

I would give him the edge too.  I see no way that Downs makes the team, just too bad because I think he can play in the NBA.  He has been in Europe since he graduated from Gonzaga, he is much better than I thought he was.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Joseph gets my vote, hands down...but I so like both...the only way to make this team now is if you are a big that runs, blocks shots, and plays d, a true pt guard, a sf with AB like defense, or a spot up lights out shooter...he is neither...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

MD would be a nice addition but is he a nicer addition than others also trying to make the team?  There is a log jam at the 2 and small forward positions.  Unless there is an injury to someone, his chances are slim but I hope he catches on somewhere.  He deserves it.  Lets see how he and the others on the cut line do tonight.

One thing for sure, if he does not make the team, it is because the roster is so deep.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Im not sure of our roster situation but i thought he had a good shot of making the team. I thought we were at 16 players?? I dont know if thats counting Barbosa or not. I know kurz will definitely be cut,  hopefully we can keep both joseph and downs. I been rooting for downs for about 3-4 games now and hope he remains a Celtic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticNut. Show CelticNut's posts

In response to stackgtr's comment:

Im not sure of our roster situation but i thought he had a good shot of making the team. I thought we were at 16 players?? I dont know if thats counting Barbosa or not. I know kurz will definitely be cut,  hopefully we can keep both joseph and downs. I been rooting for downs for about 3-4 games now and hope he remains a Celtic.

Ainge saw talent in Downs and Kurz, perhaps he's holding onto them until all trade possibilities are exhausted.  I see Ainge trading two-three quality reserves for one or two upgrades.

Sections
Shortcuts