I like the moves we have made so far

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: I like the moves we have made so far

i would really like if they can complete that trade for brandon bass, hes a beast in the paint...and yes i think daniels is a good signing, but i dont know how dooling will work out, seems like a low risk signing at worst though

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc has his work cut out for him.

The Nets have or will have Howard.

Philly is going to be much better.

The Knicks are going to much better even without Billups. They have Chandler now.

And we have maybe Bass and Dooling.  I'd say this year with an accelerated schedule is going to be very hard for the Celtics. Maybe they will figure out being a seventh or eighth seed they can do a 1999 Knicks thing and get in the finals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Brandon Bass looks like a good acquisition, is already under Contract for 2 more seasons.  We don't know what Big Baby Glen Davis will sign for so as to be traded to Orlando, but that may be a factor.  Brandon may not have as much of an upside as Glen as an NBA scorer, but Bass is a better rebounder, a skill the Celtics got much poorer on while Kendrick Perkins was recovery from his knee surgery and then when Kendrick was traded last season.  That has been Kendrick's strength since he came to the NBA from high school and the reason the Celtics were willing to trade Al Jefferson.  Al has much stronger scoring skills, but did not really fit in with the Timberwolves either.  During the seasons of the Big 3 with the Celtics, I think the strongest rebounding was when the Celtics had Leon Powe, and if Leon had not torn up his knee so badly, Powe would probably still be with the Celtics, he certainly boxed out and open up rebounding lanes for Big Baby.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: I like the moves we have made so far:
    [QUOTE]Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, O'Neal, Dooling, Bass, Daniels, Bradley, JJ, and E'twaun,..... I like this roster a lot. Every one of these guys can play defense. All we need now is a big center.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Me, too - he is inviting Jamal Sampson to camp.  Kid is 6'11", and gets about 13 PRG averaged over 36 mins - he killed it in the D-League last year.....and don't forget we still have the mini-MLE........Foster or Gray anyone?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

The article in the Herald also said that the C's are after Chris Wilcox. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Right. Danny has made great moves so far. Wilcox would be great too

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Yes, I want Wilcox!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Well looks like Bass is C's bound. I love that trade but I hate to see Davis go..but Davis had nothing more. Last year he was a bust. The thing is that he was really good defending DHoward. At the same time, Bass was a C killer

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Etwan Moore signed a contract. I dont know about that. Maybe will be used for practice quorum

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: I like the moves we have made so far:
    [QUOTE]All these guys we signed can finish. Rondo will have plenty of options on the break.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

if he gets over the trade rumors!!!  I hope he is over the Perkins trade by now..

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

So, our bench is:
    Dooling/Bradley
    Moore/Daniels
    Green
    Bass/JJJ

and we have Gilbert Brown, Mike Sweetny, Greg Stiemsma and Jamal Sampson in camp as well, right?

Still need a backup center, unless one of the above comes up big in camp.  And we still have the mini-MLE?  We should be okay!

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts