I like Wafer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: I like Wafer

Wait a second? I didn't see all of the game. When did Nate get hurt????

I just thought Doc decided to go DNP-CD on Nate.

HE'S HURT???? SMH!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

did you miss the game last night? he went down.

wafer could be a good option because nate is out. wafer, west, davis are the 3 bench players we have...  i don't count the 2 rookies cause doc isn't playing them.

wafer's height is nice compared to nate. also you know it looked like wafer started to pick up on kobe's moves the more he played him. i mean you can't stop kobe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

He was the only positive I took from last nights game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wafer needs to get the ball and shoot freely Sunday.  It is so hard to shot well when you are getting the ball because everyone is covered as the clock is winding down.  I look for him to be open at the three line and know he is capable of scoring a lot of points. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

I like Wafer too...as a 10 or 11th man.  He offers a lot at the end of the bench. When he starts moving up the depth chart as one of the top 8 rotation guys then the Celtics have a problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: I like Wafer:
    I like Wafer too...as a 10 or 11th man.  He offers a lot at the end of the bench. When he starts moving up the depth chart as one of the top 8 rotation guys then the Celtics have a problem.
    Posted by Icon11

I agree, Wafer is more of an 11th man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: I like Wafer : Wafer will have 2 more games to show us all what he can do. Hopefully against the Heat he will do well. The Celtics really need to beat the Heat so that the Celtics will remain the #1 seed in the east.
    Posted by P34

Miami won tonight and are now the #1 seed.  That will not change unless the Celtics can win most of their remaining games for the remainder of the season.  Miami doesn't lose very often. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

P34 Wafer is an extremely talented 11 th man.  Are you judging him based on the premise he should be able to replace Marquis?  He is not SF.  We are stuck but talent wise Wafer is capable of moving up several spots in front of 11.

Certainly on another team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

P34 Wafer is an extremely talented 11 th man.  Are you judging him based on the premise he should be able to replace Marquis?  He is not SF.  We are stuck but talent wise Wafer is capable of moving up several spots in front of 11. Certainly on another team.
    Posted by concord27

I'm not sure of that. Wafer hasn't shown the ability to make shots from the perimeter. It's either Wafer hits a 3 or he drives to the basket. He has no mid-range game. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

P34 I have seen him pull up and hit short jumpers.  You are right though he has to prove himself.  All we disagree on is I think he has a lot of ability.  If he performs we will both be happy.  I think one other factor is his personality. I am not sure he is close to anyone on the team and his problem with Delonte may have put him in an odd position with teammates.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

P34 I have seen him pull up and hit short jumpers.  You are right though he has to prove himself.  All we disagree on is I think he has a lot of ability.  If he performs we will both be happy.  I think one other factor is his personality. I am not sure he is close to anyone on the team and his problem with Delonte may have put him in an odd position with teammates.
    Posted by concord27

Yes, I agree Von Wafer got game. And yes, I will be very happy if he plays well against the Heat tomorrow. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In all honesty, Wafer is just about the only player on the team who can break down his man and get to the basket.  He has made some good plays on both ends.  The last two games he has driven and dished to Stonehands for a lay up.
    Posted by jdm894g

You`ve never seen pierce break down his man and get to the basket?seriously?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Doc can't let go of his control mode and let Wafer loose. Guy can create his own shot and open things up for the offense, always a good thing--especially from a bench guy. Play him!
    Posted by tjwoods

Oh,yeah, let`s turn the offense over to Wafer. He`s got way more cred than Doc.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to I like Wafer:
    Wafer showed me even more tonight. He played a good floor game and if his teammates had looked at him alone out on the three line he might have caught fire. He passes well and can jump out of the building to contest shots.  This guy is more than just a three point shooter.   His teammates need to trust him more. PP forced things all night and Garnett and Rondo could not throw the ball in the ocean.  Wafer should really get some minutes now and it will only help the team.
    Posted by concord27

You  are  right,  you  can  see  the  aggressiveness  in  his  game.  He  was  hustling  out  there,  blocking  shots,  and  showing  his  skills.

Like  you  said,  his  teammates  need  to  trust  him  more.  They  need  to  build  his  confidence  because  I  know  Wafer  can  play  basketball.

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn how to say, he is not home.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

He is what Nate used to be a good spark off the bench.... and he actually passes the ball

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In New Jersey they should get Wafer in early and let him shoot the ball. He may make the game a lot easier riding his hot hand if he has one.

Sections
Shortcuts