I LOOOOOOVE MY TEAM but.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I LOOOOOOVE MY TEAM but.....

for the second time we got really lucky.... luck is cool but eventually it runs out?? The play of the bench needs to be addressed... I mean game 1 no Chaunce at the end game 2 No chaunce at all then Amare is out and we still almost lost... i mean from here on out we need to WIN the games not the Knicks losing at the end.  Its crazy they were even that close with all the adversity they had to deal with... where's our bench?!!!!!! ... I don't think this would work against MIA... so lets get it together!!!! ANy ways go CELTICS!!!!!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: I LOOOOOOVE MY TEAM but.....

No, I think he has a point. They shouldn't have had to work this hard to be a Knicks team missing Amare and Billups. And there's no excuse in getting pounded on the boards like that.

Don't get me wrong, damn happy to be up 2-0. But it could just as easily be 0-2.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonlova9. Show bostonlova9's posts

All the games against New York this year have been like this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to I LOOOOOOVE MY TEAM but.....:

[QUOTE]for the second time we got really lucky.... luck is cool but eventually it runs out?? The play of the bench needs to be addressed... I mean game 1 no Chaunce at the end game 2 No chaunce at all then Amare is out and we still almost lost... i mean from here on out we need to WIN the games not the Knicks losing at the end.  Its crazy they were even that close with all the adversity they had to deal with... where's our bench?!!!!!! ... I don't think this would work against MIA... so lets get it together!!!! ANy ways go CELTICS!!!!!!!!

Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

-

I hear ya, Man.  the Knicks have surprised us with their toughness and tenacity

But the Celtics haven't begun hitting on all cylinders yet.  They've turned it up a notch, but there's still a notch or two to go, I'd say.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Thanks llyod!  At least someone here is a realist .

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: I LOOOOOOVE MY TEAM but.....:
    Back in November the Celtics lost to a Thunder team without Kevin Durant and Jeff Green. The Celts are fortunate they got the win tonight.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Exactly, that's what I was saying.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Let us hope this game was another aberration. I never get too excited over one or two games, win or lose. Winning by a hair against a team with Melo and a bunch of second string players in the play-offs is reason for concern.

The defense has to improve.

I always said that I would wait until the play-offs to rate the Perkins trade. So far, it is not looking so good.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

We could easily be down 0-2 and we probably should be. The knicks have outplayed us, imo.  The good news is we are still finding ways to win when we arent playing well while the knicks are.

We need to start playing better cuz this sht aint gonna fly against the heat or bulls.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Thanks for having my back everyone : ) (most of you)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from strider9. Show strider9's posts

I feel that if Anthony performed like he did tonite the Knicks would be in the game with any team in the league. IMO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]I feel that if Anthony performed like he did tonite the Knicks would be in the game with any team in the league. IMO
    Posted by strider9[/QUOTE]

IMO if that's the case he and LeBron would have rings by now

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]We could easily be down 0-2 and we probably should be. The knicks have outplayed us, imo.  The good news is we are still finding ways to win when we arent playing well while the knicks are. We need to start playing better cuz this sht aint gonna fly against the heat or bulls.
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

I agree and bench needs to step it up or Doce needs to change rotation why not now we are up luckily 2 0.  Play wafe and shasha cause bench sux right now..  BBD is eating too much pancakes and spaghetti.  He has lost the little lift he had.  Please KG play more inside cause i love that post up move with the baby hook shot in the end.  Playing inside is a higher percentage play that shooting from 20 feet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I feel that if Anthony performed like he did tonite the Knicks would be in the game with any team in the league. IMO

Any lottery team in the league maybe but not one of the elite by any means.

It was one on five if you didn't notice... and the team of one nearly won the game.

We were outplayed by Melo and a bunch of stiffs tonight. We're not hitting on all clyinders...yet???  I'll say.

Hellfire.... We aren't hitting on half the cylinders, and are going to getting our azzzes kicked by any team except maybe the woeful Knicks.

This is going to get very UGLY very SOON, ladies!

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOOOOOOVE MY TEAM but..... : Any lottery team in the league maybe but not one of the elite by any means. It was one on five if you didn't notice... and the team of one nearly won the game. We were outplayed by Melo and a bunch of stiffs tonight. We're not hitting on all clyinders...yet???  I'll say. Hellfire.... We aren't hitting on half the cylinders, and are going to getting our azzzes kicked by any team except maybe the woeful Knicks. This is going to get very UGLY very SOON, ladies! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I agree with the uglyness but Doc needs to shake up the Bench rotation or something cause we could easily be down 0 2 to a bad defensive team.  We may need to play inside more and get some rebounds please. Play Wafer and Sasha more cause our bench has no life right now

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

It was another wild crazy game with the Knicks.  I expect game 3 at MSG to be the same.  Its time for Paul or Ray Ray to have a garden moment in the playoffs.  Division opponents are always rough.  Rondo ran the show tonight.  It was nice to see KG finish off the Knicks.  Carmelo played great tonight.  Too good for my confort.  I am happy that the Celtics are up 2-0 but this play is not enough to be MeBron and his Heat or Rotten Rose and his Bulls. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

Agree.  This was a special moment when an athlete took over a game and the rising tide lifted some boats

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOOOOOOVE MY TEAM but..... : Agree.  This was a special moment when an athlete took over a game and the rising tide lifted some boats
    Posted by bostonian128[/QUOTE]

And the Knicks confidence level has to be sky high despite being down 0-2.

Hey guys... we can beat these stiffs in green. Rigor mortis is setting in.

Just put 5 guys out there and play hard and the C's are going to let us overachieve.

Lets get physical and knock Rondo down a few times... and that's the end of story.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

The point about the bench is well taken, but it is really a matter of control.  We had an eleven point lead and let it evaporate.  No timeouts called to break the momentum or set up a play that would get us a field goal to stop the run. 

Popovich would have called time after 4pts.  Ditto Phil.  We had the wrong personnel on the court, but just let it go.  There is a time to use the coaching to control the rhythm of the game.

This should have been a blowout and an opportunity for the bench to get some minutes together in garbage time.

PA

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Let us hope this game was another aberration. I never get too excited over one or two games, win or lose. Winning by a hair against a team with Melo and a bunch of second string players in the play-offs is reason for concern. The defense has to improve. I always said that I would wait until the play-offs to rate the Perkins trade. So far, it is not looking so good.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

I am also concerned about this team going forward.  I never liked the Perkins trade and still don't.  This team is really struggling without Perkins.  We can only hope that Shaq is able to play in the next playoff series or we will be in trouble.  The bench especially has to play better. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from strider9. Show strider9's posts

All I'm saying is right now the Knicks would be challanging the Bull, Heat or Orlando. I dont think they would win but they would be right there at the end with a chance to win. They have Carmello so they are gonna compete. I've seen Carmello make big shot after big shot his entire career. He truely is unguardable. At the end of the game Doc used the trap to get the ball out of his hands and that's why we won.

Sections
Shortcuts