I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW FOR JOINING THE THEO + BELICHICK CLUB!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW FOR JOINING THE THEO + BELICHICK CLUB!

danny has done it AGAIN! we are clearly getting back to the finals! the second unit has suckkkkked all year long and been very inconsistent. plus we have centers who can now step out and shoot! are we as good defensively? probably not, but it will not be such a huge dropoff for they play team defense. a 7-footer is a 7-footer! we still have garnett. put shaq in there, its pretty much even! jeff green is a big 6'9 prime time guy who can shoot the three and play 3 positions. heck, we may keep him after the year and let bb go if the price is right! nate was a luxury item who had played his way out.. plus no way they could afford what perk wanted for next year and beyond.. would rather pay green over perk!

with the other 2 moves, just genius! first of, do not forget the celts got a #1 draft choice in 2012 from the clippers plus a 2nd from cleveland while getting rid of 3 excess baggage guys and freeing up $ away from the luxury tax! now without saying a word, rip knows there is a home for him when he gets bought out, same with troy murphy. they now have the flexibility of bringing back rasheed! don't forget kristac is a great chair tosser in case a fight ever breaks out!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Is Danny Ainge a Genius?

Is Danny Ainge a Genius?

Danny Boy, you done it again.

Like a thief in the night.

And Troy Murphy, we got him too, correct, that's a done deal?

I don't like trades unless they really make us better, and after only a few minutes of considering Danny's moves I think this will make us much better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW!

Actually I don't want Green to shoot threes.  He is not very good at it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: I LOVE THESE TRADES + MOVES: DANNY TAKE A BOW!

In Response to I LOVE THESE TRADES + MOVES: DANNY TAKE A BOW!:
    [QUOTE]danny has done it AGAIN! we are clearly getting back to the finals! the second unit has suckkkkked all year long and been very inconsistent. plus we have centers who can now step out and shoot! are we as good defensively? probably not, but it will not be such a huge dropoff for they play team defense. a 7-footer is a 7-footer! we still have garnett. put shaq in there, its pretty much even! jeff green is a big 6'9 prime time guy who can shoot the three and 3 positions. heck, we may keep him after the year and let bb go if the price is right! nate was a luxury item who had played his way out.. plus no way they could afford what perk wanted for next year and beyond.. would rather pay green over perk! with the other 2 moves, just genius! first of, do not forget the celts got a #1 draft choice in 2012 from the clippers plus a 2nd from cleveland while getting rid of 3 excess baggage guys and freeing up $ away from the luxury tax! now without saying a word, rip knows there is a home for him when he gets bought out, same with troy murphy. they now have the flexibility of bringing back rasheed! don't forget kristac is a great chair tosser in case a fight ever breaks out!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Agree completely - there was a time on this board when posters / fans / bloggers referred to the young Cs (prior to the big 3) were the best young core in the league - the following players from that young core have never made the playoffs or an all-star game - Jefferson, West, Gomes, Telfair, Tony Allen, Orien Greene, Gerald Green, etc.

The Cs traded a journeyman center and an irrelevant unproductive undersized dunk champion for a rising star and a journeyman center.  The journeyman center they get is a much better offensive player, the one they got rid of is the player in the league where the chasm between his own perception of his game and his actual game is larger than the grand canyon.

They give up Semih and Luke for a second round pick to clear roster spots so that there is at least a chance to add talent.

They got a great deal for Marquis Daniels.

So if they add Troy Murphy, they get a banger who can actually score.....

I laugh over and over and over again when I read they have plenty of scoring and that it is great that Rondo is a pass first point guard and as long as Perk takes care of Howard (which in their last meeting he proved that he cannot) it does not matter if Perk or Rondo score.

79 - the number of points the Cs scored in game 7 against the Lakers.  The 79 they scored was when Bynum was not even there.

Green immediately becomes the 5th best player on the roster and they give up nothing with Krstic.

Who cares what Perk meant on defense - they are in desparate need of offense and just got some.

They will also get more when they add Murphy.

Regarding the Cs Clippers pick - there is not even a remote chance the Clippers will be in the lottery - they just went 35 games without an actual all-star center (not like Perk - the almost-all-star-defensive-something or other blah blah blah) and they have gone the last 20 games or so with the 5th best scorer in the league (Eric Gordon).  With Bledsoe, Gordon, Griffin, Jordan, Kaman, etc. there is not even a remote chance the Clips are in the lottery.  So the Cs will get the Clips 20th pick and their own 25th.... and guess what - Danny will get an Avery Bradley and a Tony Allen and people will complain.

So they added their 6th man who will immediately become the best scorer off the bench, a couple of journeyman centers - both of whom can score and will make more than 60% of their free throws, etc.

So when all is said and done, 10 games from now they will be much much much better.

Perk will be overpaid by OKC in the offseason and hamper their ability to get closer to the finals unless of course the Lakers, Dallas, and the Spurs completely fall apart.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Who is our starting center? Who guards D.Howard and Bynum ???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW!:
    [QUOTE]Who is our starting center? Who guards D.Howard and Bynum ???
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Shaq, JO, and Krstic will be the new 3-headed monster of the Boston Celtics frontline.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Desperate in need of offense?  Your kidding right?  They can score and are very efficient.  They will be better with who they got.  Are you going to devote all your time to Rondo now?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The starting center will be Shaquille O'Neal, who will now be extra motivated because he'll reprise the role of bigman alpha dog. Krstic will be the No. 2 center off the bench. Murphy, Wallace, and/or whoever else gets signed to the vacant roster spots can contend with Jermaine O'Neal (if he ever comes back) for the No. 3 slot.

Don't forget the Celtics were 33-10 without Perkins this year and had a 13 point lead in Game 7 of last year's finals without him. They lost that game more because they collectively ran out of energy. That's where Jeff Green should help. He was playing 37 minutes per game for Oklahoma City. Here, he'll play maybe 30 minutes and Pierce and Allen can go down from 38 or so to about 32. That's huge. It keeps everyone fresh. It'll help the Celtics maintain all those third quarter leads they tend to squander.

The Celtics aren't done yet either. They've got three open roster spots right now. Who will fill them? Troy Murphy, Rasheed Wallace, and Anthony Parker? Let's see how Ainge rounds out the roster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Alex Kennedy: Kendrick Perkins was visibly upset after the Celtics told him he had been traded to Oklahoma City. He didn't see the deal coming at all. Twitter

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I like the Perk trade. I don't get trading Semih

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : Shaq, JO, and Krstic will be the new 3-headed monster of the Boston Celtics frontline.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    u mean 4-headed with monster.. with a PROVEN vet like murphy.. now you have 4 centers who all bring something different to the table with sheed lurking!! let's stop slamming PERK though.. i liked him and will not stoop to calling him a journeyman. its just that for us he was not NECESSARY or not as relevant as a competent backup STUD to pp for US! GREEN left OKC, was he a bum? they have an excess of guys like him but have a shortage of competent big men! its a faur trade. i hope we re-sign green and i am sure okc will re-sign perk. i see both teams getting to the finals! its a win-win!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I like the Perk trade. I don't get trading Semih
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

To open up a roster spot. It looks like the Celtics are going after Troy Murphy and another bought out player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Took 3 years before I got my wish....that's all I know.
    ...on the other hand, when Ainge dangling Perk as a trade bait a year ago I don't think he can get a good deal like the deal today.

I'm not happy of Semih leaving us.
    I think Semih has potential.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Incredibly brilliant!!

We strengthened team for the short term (believe me we will not miss ol stone hands); we strengthen the team for the long term (green is a difference maker); AND reduce payroll to land an impact player (Murphy?).  AND added draft picks in 2012.

We got rid of riff raff under-performing, dispensible players that were at their high point of market value.

WOW. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

All I will say is what was the C's record when Perk was out??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I like the trades, but I hate giving up Perk. We all know you have to give up something good to get something good, however.   At least the Celts have a future now.  I just hope we didn't give up Numer 18 to have this future!

However, I hope we don't get Murphy.  He's a bum and you'll all be very disappointed.  They guy plays worse defense than Sheed and can no longer shoot and couldn't get minutes on a terrible team.  We have no use for Murphy except maybe as Semih's replacement - 4th string center in case of emergency....and Semih was better!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I like the trades, but I hate giving up Perk. We all know you have to give up something good to get something good, however.   At least the Celts have a future now.  I just hope we didn't give up Numer 18 to have this future! However, I hope we don't get Murphy.  He's a bum and you'll all be very disappointed.  They guy plays worse defense than Sheed and can no longer shoot and couldn't get minutes on a terrible team.  We have no use for Murphy except maybe as Semih's replacement - 4th string center in case of emergency....and Semih was better!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]did u c what murphy did last year? lights out shooter... will not judge him based only on this yearr... playing for a loser emphasizing youth can stink esp with a coach like avery who is my way or the highway about everything! a change of environment could help. he's only 30, dont think he just lost all his skills over night.. doc will play to his strength/ dont think avey like centers like murph.. good guy, wrong place. he's clearly good enough to compete with nenad and others not named shaq for a depth role!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Danny, Oh Danny...after Celtics Fans see what Green brings to the table you will get a standing ovation.

Hey Perk was a mean machine on Defense who could defend, but he had small hands couldn't shoot...and may be injury prone from here on in...he came into the league at 18 so he does have milage on him...Perk wanted comparable monies what other elite centers get, and Celtics declined...

Obviously Danny like Green making him the 5th pick in 2007. Green is a beast and he is so explovise to the rim...averaging 6 boards and 15 pts a game for his career is sweet...his defense is suspect though...

John Thompson 111 stated Green was the smartest player he ever coached...he was Capton for the Geogetown...

Appears Green will cover King James...

Time will tell, but I like it in the long run...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : Shaq, JO, and Krstic will be the new 3-headed monster of the Boston Celtics frontline.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

joking, right

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thebostonjam. Show thebostonjam's posts

I hope this trade doesn't screw up the team chemistry.  Perk was a huge part of that team, and his "nasty" attitude will be missed big time in the playoffs.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I have a lot of faith in Danny, so I will with hold judgement until the carousel stops spinning. 

As the Celtic big three window closes this was to be the year for number 18.

If the Celtics play the Lakers in the finals, who guards Bynum? Our new Center is lighter than Garnett, and Baby is too short.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

we should have traded our new 1st rounders to minnesota for love lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]I like the Perk trade. I don't get trading Semih
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

Semih hasn't shown me that he can be a big player in this league. Don't mind trading him at all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW!:
    [QUOTE]danny has done it AGAIN! we are clearly getting back to the finals! the second unit has suckkkkked all year long and been very inconsistent. plus we have centers who can now step out and shoot! are we as good defensively? probably not, but it will not be such a huge dropoff for they play team defense. a 7-footer is a 7-footer! we still have garnett. put shaq in there, its pretty much even! jeff green is a big 6'9 prime time guy who can shoot the three and play 3 positions. heck, we may keep him after the year and let bb go if the price is right! nate was a luxury item who had played his way out.. plus no way they could afford what perk wanted for next year and beyond.. would rather pay green over perk! with the other 2 moves, just genius! first of, do not forget the celts got a #1 draft choice in 2012 from the clippers plus a 2nd from cleveland while getting rid of 3 excess baggage guys and freeing up $ away from the luxury tax! now without saying a word, rip knows there is a home for him when he gets bought out, same with troy murphy. they now have the flexibility of bringing back rasheed! don't forget kristac is a great chair tosser in case a fight ever breaks out!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

You've got to be kidding. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the reaction from the "sunshine pumpers" on this board. But those of you whe are realists know this trade ISN'T guaranteeing any title. Check out the "Ball Don't Lie" article on this trade. Dwyer breaks it down pretty good. This may be a "gutsy" move by Ainge, but it's probably going to blow up in his face. Good luck getting to the finals. And if you do, Bynum and Gasol (and Odom) are going to OWN the boards.

Sections
Shortcuts