I mean, was anyone really surprised that they lost to Orlando

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

I mean, was anyone really surprised that they lost to Orlando

Yes Nate Robinson needed to play better, Shaq not having scored much didn't help either and Loafer Boy, Jermaine Oneal' came in to committ mindless fouls after fouls BUT were you surprised at the bad officiated games. Isn't that the norm now when playing at Orlando, Celtics always get anal raped by refs, its a trend down there and every stinking time I see the Celtics on the Magics schedule, I'm like oh fck...the refs are gonna fck em over. It is just AGGREVATING beyond anything.

Is it me or did it seem like when Howard was picking up fouls, the refs targeted Shaq to make it even or not let the Celtics gash up the wound on the Magics. There was one foul, i think his 5th one, I seriously don't know what the hell was it that they called because even Howard was looking dumbfounded and looked to be interrupted by the call like, "somebody blow a whistle, for what, i just got the ball and was about to post up", i mean seriously. So Shaq kept getting whistles blown on him and eventually fouled out. Then you had the occasional Techs called when Game was close. Coincidence that here we were in Orlando and the Celtics continue to get teched up for silly things. Remember last year's playoffs, the con job the refs pulled before our very own eyes to help push the game by helping Orlando win. We saw a lot of questionable calls and that is always the dam case down at Orlando.

I may be exaggerating but these bad officiated games just gets under my skin sometimes. If you told me the Celtics were playing the Bucks and this happened, I wouldn't be so upset but with Orlando, they have history of getting fcked over. If it wasn't for the Celtics, I'd stopped watching this league, seriously. I remember i kinda did stop watching the NBA when the Celts were dead beats on that 24-56 season. I cant stand the inconsistency of these refs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: I mean, was anyone really surprised that they lost to Orlando

In Response to Re: I mean, was anyone really surprised that they lost to Orlando:
    [QUOTE]you gotta admit, that play where kg got undercut and they called a tech on doc was pretty bad.  that was at a critical point.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

That and the clear foul when PP was driving for a layup and they completely hacked PP arms and didn't even touch the ball. Then to top it off there was a tech called too. Bad officiating on both sides but I think we got the worst of it. (buts that is normal)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: I mean, was anyone really surprised that they lost to Orlando:
    [QUOTE]you gotta admit, that play where kg got undercut and they called a tech on doc was pretty bad.  that was at a critical point.

I had forgotten about that play.  Very bad call by the officials.  No reason to call a technical on Doc at that point.  We were all complaining about that call when it happened. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

You guys, when the schedule comes out for next year we'll all be able to pick the christmas day games the day the schedule comes out.  Just pick whatever teams were disappointed in the playoffs the year earlier.

IT's not rocket science.  So far it's worked for the last three years.  6-6

Now I'm not talking about the portland/gs type games.  But the top two games.  Its so obvious.  I'm into marketing and statistics, and both are pretty clear.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]celticsboy11, you may be exaggerating just a bit ...... Pierce did not have a FG in the 2nd half.  
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Right.  Goes the hoop, gets his arms raked (no call), but gets a T for just looking at the guy that ignored the hack; in bounds play get held by Turkoglou right in front of the officials - two of them (no call); the alleged block by Howard was really a blocking foul by Reddick but because the ball was high they "missed" the foul down low (guess what - no call).  Not for want of trying, Pierce played hard but was taken out of the game by the officials, as were a number of other Celtics players with absurd bailout calls for the Magic.  Reddick continues to hold Ray Allen without fear of a foul call, and Turkoglu's  (again) takedown of Garnett (no hard foul call - he never went for the ball, just taking Garnett's legs out) Orlando scored more points, but once again playing five on eight is always tough, especially when the NBA either allows or fosters incompetence by their officiating crews.  The senior ref, Bob  Delaney, was fair but the other two, relative newbies, could help but blow their whistles at any opportunity.  Why?  Because they were on national TV on Christmas Day too and wanted to make certain their families could see them.  And see them they did - way too often and always helping Orlando.  The other contributing factors were J. O'Neal's hands or what passed for them and the lack of bench production after Glen Davis.  But, to return to the officiating, if the League continues to allow other teams to foul at will and as dirty as they please, someone is going to get seriously hurt. Creating a culture in which there are no limits on how many times and to what degree other teams are allowed (or encouraged) to beat up the C's falls squarely on Stern.  This is a global issue not just about one game.  It notable when a game is called fairly, and that's just backwards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

[QUOTE]You guys, when the schedule comes out for next year we'll all be able to pick the christmas day games the day the schedule comes out.  Just pick whatever teams were disappointed in the playoffs the year earlier. IT's not rocket science.  So far it's worked for the last three years.  6-6 Now I'm not talking about the portland/gs type games.  But the top two games.  Its so obvious.  I'm into marketing and statistics, and both are pretty clear.

since we won the championship, i rember this being the 3rd away christmas game. 2008 was vs lakers at LA, last year was vs orlando AT orlando. and this year AT orlando again. figure one of these games we could get a home game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I mean, was anyone really surprised that they lost to Orlando : since we won the championship, i rember this being the 3rd away christmas game. 2008 was vs lakers at LA, last year was vs orlando AT orlando. and this year AT orlando again. figure one of these games we could get a home game.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

It would be nice to have a home game to attend on Christmas day.  Maybe it will happen soon. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

This game was the worst officiated game that I have seen this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

sorry jump, you need to get out more.  I've seen at least 5 worse games THIS YEAR that didn't have anything to do with the C's.  A couple have involved san antonio. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Cs need to make the open shots, period. You don't win many games if otherwise. Officiating was not the best but Cs shot terribly in the 4th quarter and lost the game. 86 points allowed was a good defense game against a good offense team. 78 points scored was a bad offsense for the Cs. The same story happened in the Dallas game and game 7 of last NBA finals.

It is PJ, House and Posey and the big three who fighted hard in the game 4 of 07-08 finals for a comeback win. PJ can play defense, shoot jumpers and dunk. Bench is deeper this year but nobody on the bench can match PJ, House and Posey. Baby can score and that is it. Oh, West is injuried and Nate is inconsistent. Well...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I mean, was anyone really surprised that they lost to Orlando : That and the clear foul when PP was driving for a layup and they completely hacked PP arms and didn't even touch the ball. Then to top it off there was a tech called too. Bad officiating on both sides but I think we got the worst of it. (buts that is normal)
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

The non-stop whining from you Celtics fans is really pathetic. EVERY call is against the C's...please!

I noticed none of you mentioned the clear "traveling" call that the announcers pointed out and then they replayed.

NBA officating is bad ALL around. The C's are getting some calls and they're getting screwed on others...just like EVERY OTHER NBA team. Live with it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I mean, was anyone really surprised that they lost to Orlando : The non-stop whining from you Celtics fans is really pathetic. EVERY call is against the C's...please! I noticed none of you mentioned the clear "traveling" call that the announcers pointed out and then they replayed. NBA officating is bad ALL around. The C's are getting some calls and they're getting screwed on others...just like EVERY OTHER NBA team. Live with it.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

I'm a Celtics fan and I don't whine about the officiating.  Stop generalizing it makes you seem small minded.

Sections
Shortcuts