I might actually be okay with this one!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Re: I might actually be okay with this one!!

That would be great deal for philly.   They can put evan turner at the 2. Theyd be very tough with a healthy bynum.

Losing gasol and bynum, for harrington and howard, seems like a wash or maybe makes them even worse.  Hate to admit but either way lakers our gonna be really, really good.

Orlando getting gasol and affalo, decent return, but wed have to find out how many draft picks and what they would get for flipping gasol to prob houston, before making a judgement on the trade.

Denver getting iguodala for affalo/ harrington, thats a wash too.

So philly really makes out in this deal, and they are in our division. Dont know why we should be "okay, with this one".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: I might actually be okay with this one!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I might actually be okay with this one!! : The only thing I agree with is that Philly will be tougher.  Don't forget they've already lost Lou Williams and Jodie Meeks.  Without Iggy, Bynum will face more double teams than he's ever seen.  They will still be good, but I think we can beast them.  ORL will be better in the long run because they'll flip Gasol.  Don't really care about DEN.  You really think it's a WASH for the lakers?  I think they get much worse........Nash, Bryant, Peace, Harrington and Howard???  That is very, very good?  Sorry, don't agree!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

That team would win 50 games.  If they stayed healthy.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

Nash, Howard and the Mamba. Wow!!!! Take that all day and any day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Nash, Howard and the Mamba. Wow!!!! Take that all day and any day.
    Posted by LAL 32[/QUOTE]

Cool.  I would too.

Looks like we have something to agree on.  I hope this trade happens.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Why don't the Celtics get in there if Bynum is so cheap?  This trade will never happen as currently stated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

NBA PM: Dwight Howard to the Lakers?

By Eric Pincus
    Senior NBA Writer

The Dwight Howard story took another turn on Thursday as Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports! writes that the Orlando Magic are in talks with the Los Angeles Lakers, Philadelphia 76ers and Denver Nuggets on a potential “four-way blockbuster that could ultimately deliver superstar center [Howard] to the Lakers.”

The deal, as reported by Wojnarowski, would have the Lakers not only giving up Andrew Bynum but also Pau Gasol as well as bringing back forward Al Harrington along with Howard. The Sixers would gain Bynum in exchange for Andre Iguodala, who would go to Denver.  The Nuggets would send Arron Afflalo to Orlando (along with Harrington to the Lakers).  The Magic would also take on Gasol’s contract along with draft picks and salary cap relief.

Multiple sources have confirmed that talks are indeed ongoing although nothing is imminent and that the Yahoo! report isn’t necessarily complete in what players are involved. Naturally, as deals are being negotiated, it can be difficult to lock in the exact parameters given how quickly they change.

The Magic have been looking to deal Howard for some time, although selectively. Initially it looked as if the Brooklyn Nets would find a package for Howard, but that died for the offseason when they re-signed free agents Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries.

The Houston Rockets have a long, long list of prospects, picks and flexible contracts to offer the Magic.  It’s too early in the process to suggest Houston is out, although Howard has indicated (indirectly) that he is not open to staying with the Rockets long-term.  Instead he would look to sign with the Dallas Mavericks next summer with their available cap room (presumably), which may make Bynum a more appealing target for Houston.

The Lakers haven’t had any success in two-way talks with the Magic, with very little to offer in picks.  The Phoenix Suns have the Lakers’ 2013 and 2015 first-round picks as part of the Steve Nash trade.  The Lakers have involved the Houston Rockets and Cleveland Cavaliers in talks, with Bynum heading to either Houston or Cleveland and Howard to Los Angeles.  The Magic aren’t necessarily sold on Bynum, especially if he doesn’t come with draft considerations.

The Cavaliers may still play a part in this, armed with cap room, picks and prospects.

The addition of Philadelphia to the picture, taking on Bynum for Iguodala, is a new wrinkle and possible game-changer.  Wojnarowski writes the prospective deal wasn’t agreeable with three teams until Denver entered the talks as a landing spot for Iguodala.

It’s too early to analyze a trade that hasn’t happened, but the Sixers have been looking to move on from Iguodala for some time. In the past, they have demanded a high return and Bynum would certainly be that.

The Nuggets are very fond of Afflalo, but Iguodala could be viewed as an upgrade.  The Magic would view the Denver guard as a future building block while Gasol is either a piece they can hold onto or turn around in another deal.  For the numbers to work, Orlando would have to move another player, expected to be Jason Richardson, who would re-route to either the Lakers or Nuggets.

Should the Rocket miss out on both Howard and Bynum, they may have interest in Gasol.  While they may not give up as much to the Magic, Orlando could be looking at a solid return in a subsequent Gasol trade to Houston.

The Lakers don’t appear to be getting enough for Gasol, if the notion is that Bynum is equivalent to Howard in trade.  Taking the deal on face value, if Los Angeles doesn’t truly believe in the Bynum/Gasol combination, don’t want to reinvest in Bynum who does have attitude and injury questions and have come to terms that they can’t get Howard for Bynum alone, then they’d be making the deal they can to get the best center in the league.

Getting off of Gasol’s $19+ million salary, as a third option, would help the Lakers gain flexibility and possibly piece together the right complementary pieces around Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Howard.

Naturally, there’s not enough information to know who is winning out on this proposed deal.  Certainly the Lakers could stand to acquire an under-the-radar player in the day, as they did years ago in Trevor Ariza, that tips the scales in their favor.

Recently, Bryant had told media covering the Olympics that Gasol would be a Laker as long as Bryant is with the team.

Of course, Bryant is not in charge of player personnel and the Lakers have to start preparing for life after Bryant.  Sources say they’re far more comfortable building around Howard than they would be around Bynum.

UPDATE: HOOPSWORLD has learned there are variations of the rumored deal being discussed that does not include Gasol but have a similar structure with Bynum to Philadelphia, Iguodala to Denver, Howard to Los Angeles and Afflalo to Orlando.  It’s unclear if Harrington is in that scenario.  Additionally the Lakers are said to have Josh McRoberts and Devin Ebanks (via sign and trade) as outgoing salary for a Howard deal.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-howard-to-lakers/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]NBA PM: Dwight Howard to the Lakers? By Eric Pincus Senior NBA Writer Email Print 21 Comments The Dwight Howard story took another turn on Thursday as Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports! writes that the Orlando Magic are in talks with the Los Angeles Lakers, Philadelphia 76ers and Denver Nuggets on a potential “four-way blockbuster that could ultimately deliver superstar center [Howard] to the Lakers.” The deal, as reported by Wojnarowski, would have the Lakers not only giving up Andrew Bynum but also Pau Gasol as well as bringing back forward Al Harrington along with Howard. The Sixers would gain Bynum in exchange for Andre Iguodala, who would go to Denver.  The Nuggets would send Arron Afflalo to Orlando (along with Harrington to the Lakers).  The Magic would also take on Gasol’s contract along with draft picks and salary cap relief. Multiple sources have confirmed that talks are indeed ongoing although nothing is imminent and that the Yahoo! report isn’t necessarily complete in what players are involved. Naturally, as deals are being negotiated, it can be difficult to lock in the exact parameters given how quickly they change. The Magic have been looking to deal Howard for some time, although selectively. Initially it looked as if the Brooklyn Nets would find a package for Howard, but that died for the offseason when they re-signed free agents Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries. The Houston Rockets have a long, long list of prospects, picks and flexible contracts to offer the Magic.  It’s too early in the process to suggest Houston is out, although Howard has indicated (indirectly) that he is not open to staying with the Rockets long-term.  Instead he would look to sign with the Dallas Mavericks next summer with their available cap room (presumably), which may make Bynum a more appealing target for Houston. The Lakers haven’t had any success in two-way talks with the Magic, with very little to offer in picks.  The Phoenix Suns have the Lakers’ 2013 and 2015 first-round picks as part of the Steve Nash trade.  The Lakers have involved the Houston Rockets and Cleveland Cavaliers in talks, with Bynum heading to either Houston or Cleveland and Howard to Los Angeles.  The Magic aren’t necessarily sold on Bynum, especially if he doesn’t come with draft considerations. The Cavaliers may still play a part in this, armed with cap room, picks and prospects. The addition of Philadelphia to the picture, taking on Bynum for Iguodala, is a new wrinkle and possible game-changer.  Wojnarowski writes the prospective deal wasn’t agreeable with three teams until Denver entered the talks as a landing spot for Iguodala. It’s too early to analyze a trade that hasn’t happened, but the Sixers have been looking to move on from Iguodala for some time. In the past, they have demanded a high return and Bynum would certainly be that. The Nuggets are very fond of Afflalo, but Iguodala could be viewed as an upgrade.  The Magic would view the Denver guard as a future building block while Gasol is either a piece they can hold onto or turn around in another deal.  For the numbers to work, Orlando would have to move another player, expected to be Jason Richardson, who would re-route to either the Lakers or Nuggets. Should the Rocket miss out on both Howard and Bynum, they may have interest in Gasol.  While they may not give up as much to the Magic, Orlando could be looking at a solid return in a subsequent Gasol trade to Houston. The Lakers don’t appear to be getting enough for Gasol, if the notion is that Bynum is equivalent to Howard in trade.  Taking the deal on face value, if Los Angeles doesn’t truly believe in the Bynum/Gasol combination, don’t want to reinvest in Bynum who does have attitude and injury questions and have come to terms that they can’t get Howard for Bynum alone, then they’d be making the deal they can to get the best center in the league. Getting off of Gasol’s $19+ million salary, as a third option, would help the Lakers gain flexibility and possibly piece together the right complementary pieces around Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Howard. Naturally, there’s not enough information to know who is winning out on this proposed deal.  Certainly the Lakers could stand to acquire an under-the-radar player in the day, as they did years ago in Trevor Ariza, that tips the scales in their favor. Recently, Bryant had told media covering the Olympics that Gasol would be a Laker as long as Bryant is with the team. Of course, Bryant is not in charge of player personnel and the Lakers have to start preparing for life after Bryant.  Sources say they’re far more comfortable building around Howard than they would be around Bynum. UPDATE: HOOPSWORLD has learned there are variations of the rumored deal being discussed that does not include Gasol but have a similar structure with Bynum to Philadelphia, Iguodala to Denver, Howard to Los Angeles and Afflalo to Orlando.  It’s unclear if Harrington is in that scenario.  Additionally the Lakers are said to have Josh McRoberts and Devin Ebanks (via sign and trade) as outgoing salary for a Howard deal.   http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-howard-to-lakers/
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]
    Afflalo for Howard leaves Orlando a lot better off.    That would make it more one sided than the Gasol trade in 2008.  Not very plausible at all.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Nope. I thought that Shaq signing with the Lakers the Magic owner wouldn't allow it. But would be very glad to be dead wrong about it. 4 team deals are very dificult to do. Let's see what happens.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher
    Source close to Pau Gasol: Spaniard is not in the proposed 4-team deal that would bring DHoward to Lakers.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

[QUOTE]Nash, Howard and the Mamba. Wow!!!! Take that all day and any day.
    Posted by LAL 32[/QUOTE]
    Im sorry but...hmmm... I'm not sure how to word this...are you stup....no no...um...do you honestly...no not that either. Okay... how about: how would trading the second best center in the league in Andrew Bynum along with one of the best pf pau gasol for Dwight Howard help the Lakers? Slight upgrade at center and HUGE downgrade at pf. Really... how does that make any sense? Enlighten me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I might actually be okay with this one!! : Posting an awful lot for someone who claims the lakers won't get him!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    You want proof Clueless Jr?????

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In Response to Re: I might actually be okay with this one!! : Posting an awful lot for someone who claims the lakers won't get him!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Is this necessary??? I only post when I have a chance. Do not post much lately. You know we had a conversation where I stated I did not believe the Lakers would get Howard and this was last season.
    So I say you started and not me.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts