I post here because I love this team!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

I post here because I love this team!!

Board,

I bleed green!! I'm financially and emotionally invested in the classiest franchise in the NBA!!! We have a banner for every title we ever won. We embrace our history and truly honor our marquise and hustle players by retiring all of there numbers. We even had a guy named Loscituff that had his name retired so somone else could have his number. There are teams that have almost as many and don't make the same investment in every title and every great player like we do. There is no better place to watch a game. There is no better feeling than that electricity in the Garden. I get goosebumps in anticipation of watching them on TV even in the preseason. I love my team! I root for them in good times and in bad! You can't duplicate this anywhere else!! Boston is the greatest place ever for the NBA!! There is no debate no discussion no nothing and if you want to try you just show your ignorance!! If you don't care about this team and you want to harass people, you are truly a pathetic excuse for a human being and I truly feel bad for you.

18 is locked and loaded!! LET'S GO CELTICS!!!!!!!

Dfury13

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

Re: I post here because I love this team!!

Go get 'em, Fury!

I am not one to knock some POSITIVE ATTITUDE.

Definitely better than watching P34 and Mployee8 bark at eachother, or Puddin' goin after CHe'.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

You're fired up for the season Fury and it's good to see. Good too see people who love their team so much!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: I post here because I love this team!!:
    Go get 'em, Fury! I am not one to knock some POSITIVE ATTITUDE. Definitely better than watching P34 and Mployee8 bark at eachother, or Puddin' goin after CHe'.
    Posted by Schleprechaun

Don't tell me that you also believe Anthony Tolliver is better than Glen Davis?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

You're fired up for the season Fury and it's good to see. Good too see people who love their team so much!
    Posted by RUWorthy

RUWorthy,

Good luck this season as well!

Dfury13

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to I post here because I love this team!!:
    Board, I bleed green!! I'm financially and emotionally invested in the classiest franchise in the NBA!!! We have a banner for every title we ever won. We embrace our history and truly honor our marquise and hustle players by retiring all of there numbers. We even had a guy named Loscituff that had his name retired so somone else could have his number. There are teams that have almost as many and don't make the same investment in every title and every great player like we do. There is no better place to watch a game. There is no better feeling than that electricity in the Garden. I get goosebumps in anticipation of watching them on TV even in the preseason. I love my team! I root for them in good times and in bad! You can't duplicate this anywhere else!! Boston is the greatest place ever for the NBA!! There is no debate no discussion no nothing and if you want to try you just show your ignorance!! If you don't care about this team and you want to harass people, you are truly a pathetic excuse for a human being and I truly feel bad for you. 18 is locked and loaded!! LET'S GO CELTICS!!!!!!! Dfury13
    Posted by DFURY13

_

I applaud anyone's passion for their home team for that is what being a fan is all about.  But what troubles me is when fans lay claim to "my town is the best, my team is the best, we have the best fans, the greatest legacy, blah, blah, blah".  To me, that is where the trouble begins. 

We want to see a good game, we want to see our team win, we like to analyze the how & why of a team and of a game, but beyond that, leave me out of the yahooism and the idiocy of media fueled rivalry's about days gone by.

The "I'm a bigger, better, truer, more loyal fan than you are . .  our fans are better, our legacy is better, blah blah blah," mentality just makes me sick.  Sorry about that.  The "I bleed more green than you do."  crowd?  

Com'on, we're all fans of different stripes and varying passions.  Count me out of all of that.

Count me as a fan of the game of basketball, a fan of the game's history, and a fan of the Celtics and their storied history.  But I'm not going to get into any p!ssing contest with anyone about any of that.  To me, that's just stupid and leads to mindless, pointless arguements.

But count me in on the controversy of how poorly managed and corrupt the NBA has become under the current Czar and the owners organization and how the players have become near mindless enablers of this corrupt system.

The C's are looking for a Non-Tainted Championship.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

So quiet here when the Lakers lose.

HAHAHA!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

This team is going to be a blast to watch ~!

Only thing that worries me is the Technical Foul Fetish that is seriously going to tip the competitive balance.

You would think with all the bad pub from the referee gambling scandal , the NBA would not give the Refs such a powerful tool to influence the outcome of any game.

Also, we spent the whole finals waiting for Perk to get that one more tech that would get him suspended for a game, what a terrible rule - to suspend a player from a playoff series for techs he accumulated in previous series ?

Just a terrible rule...

They're really going to  jack with KG for his language and overall verbosity - 15 years into his career ???? That's just completely insane.

I like them tightening up and not allowing constant bickering and b*itching over every call - I hate watching that on TV , BUT the new rules go way too far , you can't expect these guys to play without getting angry.

You have to let guys yell and scream at times , just ask Russell Crowe. Throwing the phone at that snooty hotel punk was theraputic for Mr Crowe, you can't expect a man to never get angry when he's competing...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

This team is going to be a blast to watch ~! Only thing that worries me is the Technical Foul Fetish that is seriously going to tip the competitive balance. You would think with all the bad pub from the referee gambling scandal , the NBA would not give the Refs such a powerful tool to influence the outcome of any game. Also, we spent the whole finals waiting for Perk to get that one more tech that would get him suspended for a game, what a terrible rule - to suspend a player from a playoff series for techs he accumulated in previous series ? Just a terrible rule... They're really going to  jack with KG for his language and overall verbosity - 15 years into his career ???? That's just completely insane. I like them tightening up and not allowing constant bickering and b*itching over every call - I hate watching that on TV , BUT the new rules go way too far , you can't expect these guys to play without getting angry. You have to let guys yell and scream at times , just ask Russell Crowe. Throwing the phone at that snooty hotel punk was theraputic for Mr Crowe, you can't expect a man to never get angry when he's competing...
    Posted by PHX85014

-

To your excellent post I say, FANTASTIC!

And what a great pic!  Donkey & Shrek!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsrule08. Show celtsrule08's posts

TO phx85014,

Excellent points on the KG passion factor, and sounds like you we're like me and was biting your nails everytime Perk opened his mouth in the the Finals.

I agree that i don't like the complaining over every call that really needs to be lessened for sure but they went way overboard when they come up with this new rule. 

And to you DFURY,

I too get the goosebumps even in the pre-season games and i still feel like i did when i was 12 and was watching my Celtics back then. When you are a true fan you literally get sick when they lose a meaningless pre-season game.I want them to never lose and i BLEED GREEN. 

We are locked and loaded and i believe we will hang that banner this coming season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

This team is going to be a blast to watch ~! Only thing that worries me is the Technical Foul Fetish that is seriously going to tip the competitive balance. You would think with all the bad pub from the referee gambling scandal , the NBA would not give the Refs such a powerful tool to influence the outcome of any game. Also, we spent the whole finals waiting for Perk to get that one more tech that would get him suspended for a game, what a terrible rule - to suspend a player from a playoff series for techs he accumulated in previous series ? Just a terrible rule... They're really going to  jack with KG for his language and overall verbosity - 15 years into his career ???? That's just completely insane. I like them tightening up and not allowing constant bickering and b*itching over every call - I hate watching that on TV , BUT the new rules go way too far , you can't expect these guys to play without getting angry. You have to let guys yell and scream at times , just ask Russell Crowe. Throwing the phone at that snooty hotel punk was theraputic for Mr Crowe, you can't expect a man to never get angry when he's competing...
    Posted by PHX85014

Great post in regards to the T's.

Have to say I'm concerned about it as well. I am wondering what the leagues true motivation is behind it.

The way I read it you can be given a T for blocking a shot and then shouting about it in an aggressive manner towards an opponent? Maybe I'm wrong?

Sections
Shortcuts