I prefer keeping our picks and going full rebuild.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I prefer keeping our picks and going full rebuild.

Next year we can go after the Harrisons and Kaminsky. In two years we have enough assets to do trades for unhappy all-stars.

You have to keep Rondo to make the rebuild work. Green and Bradley do not attract all-star talent. By then, Kelly and someone else might. (#6 or #17?)

Pressey and Olynyk are a combo like Nash and Nowitzki were in Dallas. They may be our cogs soon.

By the end of summer 2015 hopefully we have a roster like this:

Rondo-Bradley-Green-Vonleh-Olynyk

Pressey-Napier-Early-Gordon-Faverani

Russ Smith, Andrew Harrison(R), Frank Kaminsky (R)

I think Early and Gordon could really wreck a lot of teams in a fast break system playing together. Both play with energy and play defense and run the floor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: I prefer keeping our picks and going full rebuild.

Hopefully this is how:

Vonleh at #6.

Trade Sullinger to whomever drafts Gordon.

Trade a future pick for Early.

Draft Napier at #17

Trade a future pick for Russ Smith.

Bass traded for PJ Tucker

Humphries and Bayless leave via free agency

We buy out Wallace.

That leaves :

Pressey-PJ Tucker-Early-Gordon-Faverani

Russ Smith, Shabazz Napier (Get invaluable tutoring from Rondo and Pressey)

PJ Tucker plays a lot of minutes when Bradley eventually gets injured or we need more length in the backcourt.

Tucker, Early and Gordon run amuck as Pressey feeds them like few can. Fav trails and bangs 3s on the opponents head.

One of our guards go down, a chance for Napier or Smith to shine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I like Vonley at #6 also. That is of course if Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, and Exxum are gone by the time Boston picks. I hope that the C's don't trade for Love. We already got him in Sullivan who also happens to play defense. Which is something that Love doesn't do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

I like Vonley at #6 also. That is of course if Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, and Exxum are gone by the time Boston picks. I hope that the C's don't trade for Love. We already got him in Sullivan who also happens to play defense. Which is something that Love doesn't do.

Very true. K Love is overrated. If you want proof look at their playoff record.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hmmm.... interesting, some stuff hilarious, but some solid stuff too.

My thoughts on your ideas:

1. Pressey and Oly will NEVER be close to Nash and Dirk:-)

Pressey I have said before has maybe an Avery Johnson/John Bagley ceiling as a 4-5 year semi-starter but most of his career as a very solid backup. Napier I have compared to Derek Fisher. Others say Tyron Lue, better D/more confidence to score than Phil but same thing as far as not wanting him to be a contender's starter. He will have a long career as a 3rd guard. We don't need both of them. Napier is also not a SG.

Olynyk I feel will have a career as a better 3 point shooting Christian Laettner, a PF-C who puts up 15-17 points, 7-9 rebounds, 3-4 assists as a gifted passing big man, and ideally is a 6th man. If he plays more of his career as a center I see Brad Miller, similar stats to Laettner, a couple less points, a couple more boards. If he spends most of his career at PF I see Tom Chambers maybe 18-21 points, 6-7 rebounds, 33% from behind the arc, matchup issue.

2. I am fine with Gordon or Vonleh at #6 (of course I have said this for months) and Early at #17

I like the younger Warren over Early though, Gordon over Vonleh due to vonleh really not being tall enough to play center and the presence of Sully at PF. Which leads me too...

3. Why all this Sully for a lotto pick talk all of a sudden?

A. Sully has proven he will be a 16/9 in this league for a long time who could possibly be a 22/11 player. 

B. There are no rumors to this and the Kings might not even want Sully. I would prefer to just keep him. Smart, with his ability to play both SG positions and the personality/will/drive to be a star would be a good choice over Vonleh if we had Gordon AND Olynyk. We need a real center.

4. Russ Smith may not even be drafted

Why on earth add him if (in your plan) we already have Rondo, Pressey AND Napier? If we added a 2nd rd pick I would jump all over a foreign big to stash overseas first like Porzingis or Tavares (Nurkic and Capela will be gone). If drafting a guard I would draft a big combo guard like Dinwiddie or DeAndre Kane.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Pressey I have said before has maybe an Avery Johnson/John Bagley ceiling as a 4-5 year semi-starter but most of his career as a very solid backup. Napier I have compared to Derek Fisher. Others say Tyron Lue, better D/more confidence to score than Phil but same thing as far as not wanting him to be a contender's starter. He will have a long career as a 3rd guard. We don't need both of them. Napier is also not a SG.

Olynyk I feel will have a career as a better 3 point shooting Christian Laettner, a PF-C who puts up 15-17 points, 7-9 rebounds, 3-4 assists as a gifted passing big man, and ideally is a 6th man. If he plays more of his career as a center I see Brad Miller, similar stats to Laettner, a couple less points, a couple more boards. If he spends most of his career at PF I see Tom Chambers maybe 18-21 points, 6-7 rebounds, 33% from behind the arc, matchup issue.

2. I am fine with Gordon or Vonleh at #6 (of course I have said this for months) and Early at #17

I like the younger Warren over Early though, Gordon over Vonleh due to vonleh really not being tall enough to play center and the presence of Sully at PF. Which leads me too...

A. Sully has proven he will be a 16/9 in this league for a long time who could possibly be a 22/11 player. 

B. There are no rumors to this and the Kings might not even want Sully. I would prefer to just keep him. Smart, with his ability to play both SG positions and the personality/will/drive to be a star would be a good choice over Vonleh if we had Gordon AND Olynyk. We need a real center.

Why on earth add him if (in your plan) we already have Rondo, Pressey AND Napier? If we added a 2nd rd pick I would jump all over a foreign big to stash overseas first like Porzingis or Tavares (Nurkic and Capela will be gone). If drafting a guard I would draft a big combo guard like Dinwiddie or DeAndre Kane.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Agree - why would the Kings want Sully?

This rumor was started by a troll named TommyRules, aka, mossad-did911...........

Read his posts carefully, and you'll see the insincerity reeking from them!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I hope Russ Smith is not drafted but worse case scenario he is and I would still want him. Why? Affordable depth with possible starter potential ala Bledsoe and CP3.

Napier is basically the same height as Avery Bradley. So he could be a back up SG with his strength being shot making and ball stealing.

I don't EXPECT Pressey and Kells to rival Nash and Dirk, I'm just hoping they can.

"ANYTHING IS POSSEEEEEEBOWWWWWLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

If Sully were in the draft he would be the favorite for the #1 pick. He has put up some serious stats in the NBA already when not at his peak physically for any of his 1st two seasons.

30 points and 20 rebounds type games are no joke. I just think Vonleh and Kells could be better than him so Gordon would give us another player like Green in some ways and a player we don't currently have defensively.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So going along with your ideas but making my more realistic improvements or personal hopes:

- Draft Gordon at 6

- Draft Payton, LaVine, Stauskas or Young at 17 (they could all be gone however)

- Hump and Bayless leave

- This means the Celtics, after signing the picks and with Avery held at his QO have 57 million committed in salaries with a 65 million cap.

- There is no need to buyout Wallace at this time. Use the stretch provision on his remaining 10m contract only if the team can't trade him by the deadline and needs 2015 cap space. Wallace is a great mentor/locker room leader and should be rested and healthy for the first time in a long time.

- Resign Avery 5 years 32.5m (now only 5 million in cap space)

Where is the team weakest in that it would need a free agent?

C - Faverani, Olynyk, Iverson

PF - Sully, Bass, Olynyk, Gordon

SF - Green, Wallace, Gordon

SG - Avery, Chris Johnson, (Stauskas/Young)

PG - Rondo, Pressey (Payton/LaVine)

Either of those rookie PG's are also big enough to play SG, so weaknesses appear to be:

A. CENTER!!!!!

B. A big SG who can also play some SF (if we don't draft Young)

My next moves:

1. Bass, Bogans non-guaranteed, Faverani and Clippers 2015 pick to the Rockets for Omer Asik. This puts the Celtics just over the cap and gives them the non-taxpayers MLE of around 6 million (so more than the amount of space we previously had under the cap.

2. Sign Pierce, 1 year at the full MLE with a team option for a 2nd year (just in case we can unload Wallace we want cap space for summer of 2015).

3. The TPE remains an option, but only if the team wants to pay the tax, which they won't

Rotation:

C - Asik (30 mins), Olynyk (18m)

PF - Sully (32m), Olynyk (8m), Green (8m)

SF - Pierce (18m), Green (22m) Wallace (8m)

SG - Avery (32m), Pierce (8m), rookie (8m)

PG - Rondo (34m), Pressey (14m)

Gordon starts the year in the D-league

Green is 6th man of the year

That team should displace Atlanta or Charlotte in the playoffs.

Danny has a lot of options and needs to make A LOT happen before the deadline and then the 2015 offseason becomes the one that changes the direction of this franchise not the 2014 one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

I hope Russ Smith is not drafted but worse case scenario he is and I would still want him. Why? Affordable depth with possible starter potential ala Bledsoe and CP3.

Napier is basically the same height as Avery Bradley. So he could be a back up SG with his strength being shot making and ball stealing.

I don't EXPECT Pressey and Kells to rival Nash and Dirk, I'm just hoping they can.

I am a HUGE UConn fan, Napier CANNOT play SG in the NBA.

There is NO room for Smith on a team that has Rondo, Pressey and Napier... that is a FACT. I would rather keep Babb or Johnson on the roster.

Not everything is possible. There is no way Smith becomes close to Bledsoe/CP3 or Pressey/Oly close to Nash/Dirk. Yikes!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If Sully were in the draft he would be the favorite for the #1 pick. He has put up some serious stats in the NBA already when not at his peak physically for any of his 1st two seasons.

30 points and 20 rebounds type games are no joke. I just think Vonleh and Kells could be better than him so Gordon would give us another player like Green in some ways and a player we don't currently have defensively.

Da, you are spewing craziness now

If Sully were in the draft, he'd have spent his junior year on the sidelines with back surgery, returned his senior year to post huge numbers, maybe 22/13 in 35 college bball mins a game, and currently be neck and neck with Randle, based on Randle being 19 with no back issue over 22 with major surgery, to be picked in the 5-8 range in the draft, with 18 year old uber-athletes Gordon and Vonleh likely valued higher than him.

Like McDermott, Napier, Early and Payne EVERYONE would know what a 22 year old Sully was going to be in the league and those guys are all going in the teens in the draft b/c lotto pick are usually teens.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment

I am a HUGE UConn fan, Napier CANNOT play SG in the NBA.

There is NO room for Smith on a team that has Rondo, Pressey and Napier... that is a FACT. I would rather keep Babb or Johnson on the roster

Not everything is possible. There is no way Smith becomes close to Bledsoe/CP3 or Pressey/Oly close to Nash/Dirk. Yikes!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically we would be trying to keep the 4 best of the 5 small guards. (Rondo, Bradley, Pressey, Napier, Smith)

Guard play drives championships more than anything else because the big guys don't have the ball as much.

Quality depth in backcourt is essential.

Rondo(assists/defense/hustle),

Ray(scoring/sharpshooter/defense),

Tony(defense/hustle),

House(sharpshooter/hustle)

was great backcourt balance and depth.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Da, you are spewing craziness now

If Sully were in the draft, he'd have spent his junior year on the sidelines with back surgery, returned his senior year to post huge numbers, maybe 22/13 in 35 college bball mins a game, and currently be neck and neck with Randle, based on Randle being 19 with no back issue over 22 with major surgery, to be picked in the 5-8 range in the draft, with 18 year old uber-athletes Gordon and Vonleh likely valued higher than him.

Like McDermott, Napier, Early and Payne EVERYONE would know what a 22 year old Sully was going to be in the league and those guys are all going in the teens in the draft b/c lotto pick are usually teens.

If Sully was the player he was last year in the pros in college, he would have dominated his peers. No question. Only big man to dominate his peers in college was Embiid.

Sully would have been Shaq-like!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yawn, I just said he'd put up a 22/13... at 6'8", 22 years old and off back surgery he still wouldn't crack the top 5 of this draft.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I want to corner the market on fas little guys, and bigger guys who can't shoot, so that teams who don't have guys like that will have to trade their all stars to us to get some. What we want are track guys who can really run and jump, and we will coach em up to be hoop players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Read somewhere that Vonleh is still growing. We already know that he is a gym rat.  He is more physical than Randle and better skilled than Gordon. He is currently 6-10. If he is still growing he would be a steal for Boston. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Vonleh or Randle and a PG at #17.

Ditch Rondo and Bradley.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]

Read somewhere that Vonleh is still growing. We already know that he is a gym rat.  He is more physical than Randle and better skilled than Gordon. He is currently 6-10. If he is still growing he would be a steal for Boston. 

[/QUOTE
    When you watch his scouting report on youtube he locks up Kaminsky and denies post passes with his energy. He's got fire!

He's like a KG-Big Al combo! Great low post moves like Big Al with the shooting range and defensive energy of Garnett.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[/QUOTE
    When you watch his scouting report on youtube he locks up Kaminsky and denies post passes with his energy. He's got fire!

He's like a KG-Big Al combo! Great low post moves like Big Al with the shooting range and defensive energy of Garnett.

My gracious, get him .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Hopefully this is how:

Vonleh at #6.

Trade Sullinger to whomever drafts Gordon.

Trade a future pick for Early. 

Draft Napier at #17

Trade a future pick for Russ Smith.

Bass traded for PJ Tucker

Humphries and Bayless leave via free agency

We buy out Wallace.

That leaves :

Pressey-PJ Tucker-Early-Gordon-Faverani

Russ Smith, Shabazz Napier (Get invaluable tutoring from Rondo and Pressey)

PJ Tucker plays a lot of minutes when Bradley eventually gets injured or we need more length in the backcourt.

Tucker, Early and Gordon run amuck as Pressey feeds them like few can. Fav trails and bangs 3s on the opponents head.

One of our guards go down, a chance for Napier or Smith to shine.

Sounds good but Pressey will not work our unless he develops a hot jump shot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

I would like to get Love, but at a low price or I go with your thoughts on him.

Sections
Shortcuts