I really,really,really,really,really hope Smart & Young are better than the guys we oassed on.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: I really,really,really,really,really hope Smart & Young are better than the guys we oassed on.

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

They may develop into players, but they are not even close to McBuckets and others we passed on, great we are tanking again,,

[/QUOTE]

McDermott  = Korver. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: I really,really,really,really,really hope Smart & Young are better than the guys we oassed on.

The MAJOR difference between Penny Hardaway and Exum is EXPLOSIVENESS!! 

Exum gets caught at the rim waaaay more than Penny ever did.

Other than that, they were both tall and fluid ball handlers with an incessant energy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I worry about this too. Vonleh and Early would have been better for Boston' s needs.  

[/QUOTE]

Boston needed a 4th power forward and a 3rd SF?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

I worry about this too. Vonleh and Early would have been better for Boston' s needs.  

[/QUOTE]
    We could use a power forward/center that pushes Sully and Kells to be the best they can be, and a sf/pf to push Green. I can see that. Rondo and Bradley we have never had to worry about their work ethic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    We could use a power forward/center that pushes Sully and Kells to be the best they can be, and a sf/pf to push Green. I can see that. Rondo and Bradley we have never had to worry about their work ethic.

[/QUOTE]

Nobody develops when you have a glut of young guys at one position. They need playing time, not the constant fear of being passed over or given up on. 

This a tactic for motivating vets, or prime guys. Like Green would be a perfect guy to play this game with. Except for the fact Im not sure he would care all that much anyway. He seems like the kind of guy who plays because he was gifted to do so, not because he enjoys doing it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Da Celtics, I'm confused about your reasoning for this thread - why? 

Because drafting is the one thing Ainge has shown he does consistently well. 

No, not perfectly, because that's not how the draft works. 

So no, it's not always possible to get the best player each time you pick - that's not humanly possible. 

But, Ainge tends to draft based more on talent than need - which I agree with even if some here have trouble grasping that. 

If I were you, I'd worry more about "trader Danny" making his occasional bonehead move (e.g. trading Perkins for the wildly overrated Jeff Green). Or for that matter, acquiring the O'Neal brothers. 

Or, be concerned how he overpays for players he drafted or traded for, and locks them up at salaries the open market probably wouldn't have paid (Green, Bradley). 

Overall Ainge is a good GM trending towards great but far from perfect. However drafting is his strength, don't lose sleep over his picks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So no, it's not always possible to get the best player each time you pick - that's not humanly possible. 

But, Ainge tends to draft based more on talent than need - which I agree with even if some here have trouble grasping that. 

If I were you, I'd worry more about "trader Danny" making his occasional bonehead move (e.g. trading Perkins for the wildly overrated Jeff Green). Or for that matter, acquiring the O'Neal brothers. 

Or, be concerned how he overpays for players he drafted or traded for, and locks them up at salaries the open market probably wouldn't have paid (Green, Bradley). 

Overall Ainge is a good GM trending towards great but far from perfect. However drafting is his strength, don't lose sleep over his picks.

[/QUOTE]

Its because of the talent I see at Vegas and I didnt get to see James Young at all. I'm not worried about either being good I'm worried about players we didn't take being better. (Vonleh, McDermott,Lavine,Early,Randle,TJ Warren,Russ Smith, Rodney Hood,)  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Marcus smart is and will be a better player than mcdermott.  I know, my two favorite teams are OSU and Wichita state, so I've seen both a lot.  I don't see how McD is going to be athletic enough to get his own shot, and to guard anybody.  I think he'll make it in the nba, but marcus smart is a better player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Smaht will be fine.

James Young will need 3 years to fully develop.

Right now Young is still growing, literally!

McDer will end up having a better rookie season than Smaht and Young.

But I think Smaht will be better in the long run.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Smaht will be fine.

[/QUOTE]

Same things he was saying about Fat "Sack of Potatoes" Melo when the Celtics drafted him. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to greenkiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Smaht will be fine.

[/QUOTE]

Same things he was saying about Fat "Sack of Potatoes" Melo when the Celtics drafted him. 

[/QUOTE]

I know you are just trolling but I guarantee you no one thought Melo was going to be as good as Smart.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I respectfully disagree with your "bonehead" trade comment.

As I have said, repeatedly, the trade was not Perk for Green.  The trade was Perk for Green AND Krstic.  Nenad was a young player with a much better offensive game than Perk.  He needed work on D, but I thought it was a nice tradeoff.

The fact the lockout was coming, and he was unsure about his contract made him bolt to Russia, never to be seen in the NBA again.  That is NOT Danny's fault...that's just stuff that happens.

And, perhaps, the Perk trade has made Danny more cautious about trading Rondo.   Perk was offered a deal, and turned it down.  So Danny shipped him out of town.  Perhaps, in hindsight, he would do things differently.  We don't know.

I do agree wholeheartedly that Danny, overall, has drafted well.  Way more hits than misses.

Our team right now is a mish-mosh of pieces that won't  fit well together.  He does need to do something, and I for one, can't wait.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Smaht will be fine.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought Melo was going to the Lakers this year as a free agent ? How'd that work for you?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Smaht will be fine.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought Melo was going to the Lakers this year as a free agent ? How'd that work for you?  

[/QUOTE]

Never said that and didn't want the Lakers to sign him. Lakers should wait until 2016 to try and sign free agents. IMO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Smaht will be fine.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Never said that and didn't want the Lakers to sign him. Lakers should wait until 2016 to try and sign free agents. IMO.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Is that when koME's contract is up?

Then, yes, that would be the best time.  Must get rid of the cancer to heal!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

For the Smart haters:

@WojYahooNBA
    Among USA Basketball Select Team invitees to Las Vegas, sources tell Yahoo. Marcus Smart, Doug McDermott, Victor Oladipo, Tobias Harris.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I respectfully disagree with your "bonehead" trade comment.

As I have said, repeatedly, the trade was not Perk for Green.  The trade was Perk for Green AND Krstic.  Nenad was a young player with a much better offensive game than Perk.  He needed work on D, but I thought it was a nice tradeoff.

The fact the lockout was coming, and he was unsure about his contract made him bolt to Russia, never to be seen in the NBA again.  That is NOT Danny's fault...that's just stuff that happens.

And, perhaps, the Perk trade has made Danny more cautious about trading Rondo.   Perk was offered a deal, and turned it down.  So Danny shipped him out of town.  Perhaps, in hindsight, he would do things differently.  We don't know.

I do agree wholeheartedly that Danny, overall, has drafted well.  Way more hits than misses.

Our team right now is a mish-mosh of pieces that won't  fit well together.  He does need to do something, and I for one, can't wait.

[/QUOTE]

Losing Kristic was a HUGE HUGE setback, that tare was sooooo lopsided in the Celtics favor, would have been easier to absorb the loss of Green for one year had Kristic stayed...

..will always wonder is Doc Rivers could have done a better job getting Kristic into the mix, as I remember, Rivers didn't do enough to get Kristic playing time and I don't think KG made things easy for Kristic and that's really why he bolted.....