I see a battle between the Knicks and Celtics for 2nd place in the Atlantic..

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

Re: I see a battle between the Knicks and Celtics for 2nd place in the Atlantic..

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to franquazi's comment:

Sorry for the moron thing I was going to change it. Ok I say best case 44 wins and worst case 36 wins but that's counting that Rondo will be healthy and playing right from the start as well Sullinger and the others.

Read what tex posted.

Why waste a good opportunity?

Just so the Celtics and their fans can say we won 44 games without Pierce and KG?

A player like Andrew Wiggins only comes once every decade.

Why go after 44 wins when the Celts will just exit in the 1st round?

Come on, if the Celts win 44 games, that means they'll most likely be facing Miami in the 1st round.

And Rondo will not be 100% by opening night.

We're not even sure if Rondo is ready to play by December.

Derrick Rose needed more than one full season to recover from his ACL.

There's no point in rushing Rondo to return.

Please don't dream with Wiggins..What are the odds?? We can win 15 games like in 97 and still don't get him. If we woin 44 games and lost in the 1st round that will be awsome just because our players will benefit from the experience and also will gain a lot of confidence for the next year. Every year has something positive to acomplish and isn't a waste of time. Also we can make the playoffs and still we get 1st round picks and posibble trade scenarios. Tanking is so negative and already we regained a winning culture and most important PRIDE. The 97 ML CARR THING WAS THE STUPIEST IN CELTIC HISTORY!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: I see a battle between the Knicks and Celtics for 2nd place in the Atlantic..

An example! 

Draft Lottery: Probability Chart    
    PROBABILITY OF GETTING A TOP-THREE PICK 

CURRENT NBA DRAFT LOTTERY SYSTEM (1995-PRESENT)

Teams entered in the NBA Draft Lottery, which will determine the order of selection for the first 13 picks, listed in order of overall record (worst record first) and chances out of 1,000 in the Lottery:

Team

Record

Chances

1st Pick

2nd Pick

3rd Pick

Photo

17-65

22.50%

20.30%

17.63 %

Photo

17-65

22.50%

20.30%

17.63 %

Photo

24-58

15.70%

15.80%

15.66 %

Photo

25-57

12.00%

12.68%

13.39 %

Photo

27-55

8.90%

9.75%

10.78 %

Photo

28-54

6.40%

7.20%

8.23 %

Photo

30-52

4.40%

5.05%

5.91%

Photo

35-47

2.90%

3.37%

4.02%

Photo

37-45

1.50%

1.77%

2.14%

Photo

37-45

1.40%

1.65%

2.00%

Photo

38-44

0.70%

0.83%

1.01%

Photo

40-42

0.60%

0.71%

0.87%

Photo

43-39

0.50%

0.59%

0.73%

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I just hope Danny is smart enough to do pretty much what Tex suggested.  If Rondo is playing when the season starts, that to me will mean we will not be tanking. If we go out and try to make the play offs, i think we are good enough to finish any where from 5th to 8th. I hope this is not what Danny has in mind. Making the play offs this season would be the worse thing that could happen to the Celtics, for their hopes of quickly rebuilding.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I just hope Danny is smart enough to do pretty much what Tex suggested.  If Rondo is playing when the season starts, that to me will mean we will not be tanking. If we go out and try to make the play offs, i think we are good enough to finish any where from 5th to 8th. I hope this is not what Danny has in mind. Making the play offs this season would be the worse thing that could happen to the Celtics, for their hopes of quickly rebuilding.

More can be added to what Tex suggested.  Play Olynyk at backup 5 and give him decent minutes.  Olynyk is not good at lateral movement.  Make him guard 5s instead of 4s.  Allow him to get strong and to figure out how to score against 5s.  Ask Jeff Green to develop moves going left.  Give decent minutes to Gerald Wallace.  Play Brooks and try to get him to improve defensively.

Bottom line is that Brad Stevens can set positive goals and set about accomplishing them and tanking will naturally follow.  These goals will be more about player development than winning.  No need to hold back Sullinger.  Play him and help him develop his game.   Just let Rondo get completely healthy before he comes back.

It is very important for the Celts to get a high pick this year.  They will likely not have the room to play in the free agent market.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to franquazi's comment:

Why? Because the Knicks failed to improve in this past offseason..You can tell celtics are gonna be far worse than last year but I'm going to be very optimistic..oh yeah!! The knicks brought Andrei Bargnani from Toronto and Metta World Peace from the lakers..Did somebody is excited?? The Bargnani trade doesn't made the knicks better because this guy to be effective needs the ball on his hand clashing with Carmelo right from the start. Also Bargnani is not a defensive player. The knicks look a very slow team on paper. The Metta World signing could be productive or really painfully. They already got Kmart for the dirty game. It seems that knicks management needs some changes in order to obtain team success. On the other hand celtics are young and exciting!! We have four starters coming back: Rondo, Bradley, Green and Sullinger. Olynyk will be running for the rookie of the year and Coach Stevens will surprise a lot of people around the league. Our bench is solid with Wallace, Bass, Humphries, Faverani, Brooks and Lee. Rookie Pressey will fit right away too.

Felton- is on his prime / Rondo- on his prime

Shumpert- still needs to prove that can score consistanly / Bradley- same that Shumpert

Anthony- is on his prime / Green- on his prime

Bargnani- best years are in the past. / Olynyk- a lot of potential!!

Chandler- still productive when is around good players / Sullinger- is gonna be a solid player if healthy.

Stoudamire- is on his way down / Faverani- good offensive game. Could jump to the starting lineup.

Martin-is on his way down / Bass- young and prove veteran, nice jumper. 

Metta - is on his way down / Wallace- still young at 31. Brings energy, defense, and leadership

Smith- on his prime but problematic / Brooks- can score in this league and is young.

Prigioni- is on his way down / Preesey- a natural point guard with good passing skills.

You are on Ibogaine...look it up...

Young and drug addled is no way to grow up son....

Sections
Shortcuts