I smell a trade coming

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I smell a trade coming

The Celtics have signed another top back up guard.  I wonder if a trade with Bass and maybe Lee is going to come with Melo or someone like that to get a big man of some consequence. Of course I am a broken record and I would like Varajeo.  The team is not equipped in the rebounding category and it cannot be ignored.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: I smell a trade coming

By the  way this format is horrendous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I agree...something needs to be done to shore up the interior defense..Whe KG comes out, it really suffers...Sully is too greeen and Bass and Green are not defensive hounds...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

the format is horrible

I think you may have a point on the trade.

I don't see where Bass will get minutes at all with Sully and green, and Barbosa as good as he could be is a little redundant at this point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I wondered about a trade myself. Celtics can't do anything until Janaury though, as most of the possible trade chips (Bass, Lee,  Terry,  Green, Barbosa) were signed this year and are not eligible for a trade until the deadline.

Other trade chips like (Sullinger or Bradley) Are low contract guys so you couldn't get someone big out of them without pairing them to a higher contract, player which runs you into the above problem. 

Keep in mind I'm not advocating for any partcular peices to get moved, just saying what the siutuation is for any possible trade chip we have. 

Also, While I'd love to get say a Varajoe or Josh Smith, type player, fact is, a midseaso deal is risky as we saw in the Perk/Gree trade. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jtkl, 

You are right on all counts.  My hope for a trade was making me forget the facts.  We need a big man and will struggle until we get one though.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

This team is deep.  It is one that has the ability to go deep into the playoffs and has the chips to make some moves.  Danny has never been one to sit and be satisfied.  He is looking at this team from every angle and will not hesitate to make a move if it presents itself to better this team.  Lookin forward to a very interesting season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Celtics have signed another top back up guard.  I wonder if a trade with Bass and maybe Lee is going to come with Melo or someone like that to get a big man of some consequence. Of course I am a broken record and I would like Varajeo.  The team is not equipped in the rebounding category and it cannot be ignored.

[/QUOTE]

They spent a month playing with the roster trying to figure out how to make the money work for Lee and JET. I think he just replaced Dooling.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jtkl, 

You are right on all counts.  My hope for a trade was making me forget the facts.  We need a big man and will struggle until we get one though.

[/QUOTE]

We already have a great big man named KG. He doesn't look old this season like last season. 

If you're concerned about the rebounding, in 5 preseason games, the Celts are averaging 43.6 rebounds per game. A big improvement from the 39 rpg the last 3 seasons.

[/QUOTE]

If you are watching the games I feel the number of rebounds don't matter.  We are weak in the middle.  If Darko pans out and becomes a player we could be alright.  The number of rebounds is part of it but consider the Celtics have missed so many shots they have more rebounds to get.  We need a throwback big who can be an enforcer as well as a rebounder and scorer.  I am asking for a lot considering I dont' t see a player like that around.  Your confidence gives me some hope I  so I hope you are right.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The C's may not be as top heavy in talent to really wow people, become popular and get Stern and the refs to respect them, help them along their way, etc. so if we are puttering along as a 3-6 seed at the end of January I could see a trade. A guy like Josh Smith or Al Jefferson could really get the league's attention and boost the overall talent.

We are however the deepest team in the NBA and could very well be able to compete for the 1-2 seed as is, we'll just have to wait and see, and if guys like Bass/Lee are playing roles, with mins in the teens, and this is a well-oiled machine there may be no need to disrupt that with a trade.

For now, only guys like Avery, Melo and Sully can be moved. If you know of any young upgrades at PF or C or SG that make no more than like 5 million by all means DA could consider it before the season starts. But it is the older soon to be FA's that will be most likely to be moved, and anyone making over 10m needs both Lee/Bass to make the deal work (I don't see us dealing Green/Terry) but that works too.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I don't smell a trade coming quite yet.....we can't do anything for a few months.  This is a very good regular season team........if we need to shore up things for the playoffs, we will.

Let's not forget Red's old adage here:

"they still have to defend us"  This team will be 48 mins of he!!  for teams to defend - very little dropoff when we go to the bench.  I'm excited and ready to go!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

concord,

If Darko pans out and becomes a player we could be alright. The number of rebounds is part of it but consider the Celtics have missed so many shots they have more rebounds to get. We need a throwback big who can be an enforcer as well as a rebounder and scorer. I am asking for a lot considering I dont' t see a player like that around. Your confidence gives me some hope I so I hope you are right. 

Darko is an upgrade to Stiemsma but he has to be healthy.

Sully and Wilcox are big upgrades Hollins and Sean Williams

Even Collins is an upgrade to JO sine last years eashed up big man never saw the court the second half of the season due to injury

So already we have greatly improved on a game 7 of the ECF team, and actually have the trade chips to improve the frontcourt even more if the Nov-Jan part of the schedule shows we need to

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

We already have a great big man named KG. He doesn't look old this season like last season. 

If you're concerned about the rebounding, in 5 preseason games, the Celts are averaging 43.6 rebounds per game. A big improvement from the 39 rpg the last 3 seasons.

[/QUOTE]

Boston played two European teams which are equivelant to Div 2 college basketball.

Boston has been outrebounded in all 3 non-european games.

[/QUOTE]

That's because you're not a Celtic fan. Every Celtic fan knows getting 43.6 rpg is better than getting 38.8 rpg.

[/QUOTE]

Every Celtics fan knows that giving up more rebounds then you are getting in EVERY game is not making progress with the rebounding problem. It's a good thing Brooklyn's starters didn't play...

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Nets starters in a pre-season game might have made the score like the Jazz-lakers game last night!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

There may be a trade coming. This could be why Doc is starting Sully, to give him some exposure and make his stock rise.

I think there could be a trade of Sully, Bass, Wilcox and Melo for Josh Smith and Zaza.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts