1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: I smell a trade coming

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Relax guys, the Celts can always do something at the trade deadline. Let's see them play first.

The Lakers got Mychal Thompson in 1987. That move brought them over the top that season.

[/QUOTE]

Thats a good point, although the death of Len Bias and broken foot McHale stupidly played on were reasons 1 and 2 that LA was able to win that year. Thompson was 3rd on the 'most important things to happen that put LA over the top' list in '87.

He did a great job guarding McHale, before that it was Worthy, A.C. Green and Rambis on him. We have the reverse of that going on now as Gasol is almost as good as McHale (more like just as good as mcHale with a broken foot) and we have Green, Wilcox and Bass playing the hopeless roles the shorter Lakers forwards had before Thompson saved them.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

True, considering the team was a Magic hook away from winning despite the McHale/Walton injuries, when everyone on LA was healthy.

Of course they snookered Thompson away for a backup C who was injured all season and out of the league 2 years later, a reserve guard going for 4 points a game and the drafts last 1st rd pick. Red obviously did this stuff back in the day all the time too... its just that his magic stopped when Bias died and LA's been gifted ever since. 

It would have been like Boston turning Jermaine O'Neal, Sasha or 'Quis and the pick we used on Melo last year into an impact F-C like Varejao (before he got hurt) or maybe even a Jason Thompson or Hickson. Either way, a move that results in no Pietrus at PF, less mins for Bass, no Hollins at all and a likely trip to the NBA finals.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If I recall, gentlemen, Red really tried to get Mychal Thompson, too.  The lakers had the "better" offer................the rest is history

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i don't see any trade comming...we just got a backup PG to play with terry on the 2nd unit...terry is better at SG...i love this move.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry Fierce, it's not true that Boston's rebounding has improved.
    Their rebounding differential is worse this year then last year.
    UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

This is silly.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Relax guys, the Celts can always do something at the trade deadline. Let's see them play first.

The Lakers got Mychal Thompson in 1987. That move brought them over the top that season.

[/QUOTE]

Thats a good point, although the death of Len Bias and broken foot McHale stupidly played on were reasons 1 and 2 that LA was able to win that year. Thompson was 3rd on the 'most important things to happen that put LA over the top' list in '87.

He did a great job guarding McHale, before that it was Worthy, A.C. Green and Rambis on him. We have the reverse of that going on now as Gasol is almost as good as McHale (more like just as good as mcHale with a broken foot) and we have Green, Wilcox and Bass playing the hopeless roles the shorter Lakers forwards had before Thompson saved them.

[/QUOTE]

You should be using drugs as an excuse too, especially if you bring up Bias.  Just sayin'

[/QUOTE]

We all know how he died, genius!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You should be using drugs as an excuse too, especially if you bring up Bias.  Just sayin'

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't shoot the messenger. The excuses being thrown out were all a little vague on rameakap's part, so I wanted to be clear about what he should be blaming. Just say No to drugs!

[/QUOTE]

Didn't read any excuses, genius, he is wondering what would have been had Bias lived - as we all do.  We lost that one - we played well and it went 7 games, and we lost - on a Magic Junior Sky Hook - no excuses,  it was over 20 years ago.  Just like Bynum being hurt in 2008 wouldn't have mattered, McHale's broken foot didn't matter, either................right, genius??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you are watching the games I feel the number of rebounds don't matter.  We are weak in the middle.  If Darko pans out and becomes a player we could be alright.  The number of rebounds is part of it but consider the Celtics have missed so many shots they have more rebounds to get.  We need a throwback big who can be an enforcer as well as a rebounder and scorer.  I am asking for a lot considering I dont' t see a player like that around.  Your confidence gives me some hope I  so I hope you are right.  

[/QUOTE]

The reason why I'm very optimistic about this coming season, not only are the Celts younger and more athletic, the Celts also have a shot at beating the Heat.

Worse case scenario, the Celts don't win a championship. But the future is bright with Rondo, Bradley, Sully, and Green. 

Ainge started rebuilding, but the Celts can still win now. Great job by Ainge.

[/QUOTE]

That is a nice core to build around, means we will be just one or two solid players from being contenders..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jtkl, 

You are right on all counts.  My hope for a trade was making me forget the facts.  We need a big man and will struggle until we get one though.

[/QUOTE]

We already have a great big man named KG. He doesn't look old this season like last season. 

If you're concerned about the rebounding, in 5 preseason games, the Celts are averaging 43.6 rebounds per game. A big improvement from the 39 rpg the last 3 seasons.

[/QUOTE]

Boston played two European teams which are equivelant to Div 2 college basketball.

Boston has been outrebounded in all 3 non-european games.

[/QUOTE]

I know the thought of this makes your blood boil, but as in the case of a free agent wisely chosing boston over the Lakers there is nothing to worry about. You see we have this 7 foot guy name KG who has only played about 15 minutes a game. that will actually go up during the season. Also we have a guy named Wilcox getting healthy he is good rebounder, and Sullinger wil be a beat onthe boards. 

So let your blood cool. ALL is good for us true celtic fans. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Other than KG we really don't have a center who rebounds and scores and plays defense too. Darko is worth a keep but I think his main purpose will be to rebound, of course, but foul other prolific scoring centers.

Posts above like Josh Smith and I do too but he's a 6'9" forward. We already have some good wing rebounders and forwards at 6'9", Green, Wilcox & Bass.

I would do anything possible to get Anderson Varejao who is 6'10" and a forward and center. He's very similar to the Bulls' feisty banger Joakim Noah, although not the bulk of Howard or Bynum but at 235 lbs can still bang it up. So, whatever it takes, Danny, I'd do it !!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

A prediction of sorts: The Celtics will win the east. They also won't make any trades unless there is a serious injury. Or Atlanta decides to gift them Josh Smith for a ballboy to be named later.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A prediction of sorts: The Celtics will win the east. They also won't make any trades unless there is a serious injury. Or Atlanta decides to gift them Josh Smith for a ballboy to be named later.

[/QUOTE]
    It is a dream now but may come to be in the not so distant future.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't shoot the messenger. The excuses being thrown out were all a little vague on rameakap's part, so I wanted to be clear about what he should be blaming. Just say No to drugs!

[/QUOTE]

Didn't read any excuses, genius, he is wondering what would have been had Bias lived - as we all do.  We lost that one - we played well and it went 7 games, and we lost - on a Magic Junior Sky Hook - no excuses,  it was over 20 years ago.  Just like Bynum being hurt in 2008 wouldn't have mattered, McHale's broken foot didn't matter, either................right, genius??

[/QUOTE]

I don't make excuses, so I have not ever contemplated about what could have been as apparently you have. Have a good day, buddy!

[/QUOTE]

Where have I made excuses???  Show me a post where I've ever made an excuse after we lose?  You have all my posts on your hard drive anyway, so show me where I've ever made ONE excuse after we lost................I dare you!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't make excuses, so I have not ever contemplated about what could have been as apparently you have. Have a good day, buddy!

[/QUOTE]

Where have I made excuses???  Show me a post where I've ever made an excuse after we lose?  You have all my posts on your hard drive anyway, so show me where I've ever made ONE excuse after we lost................I dare you!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually it went 6 games