I smell a trade coming

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: I smell a trade coming

In response to dirty52's comment:

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

Relax guys, the Celts can always do something at the trade deadline. Let's see them play first.

The Lakers got Mychal Thompson in 1987. That move brought them over the top that season.

Thats a good point, although the death of Len Bias and broken foot McHale stupidly played on were reasons 1 and 2 that LA was able to win that year. Thompson was 3rd on the 'most important things to happen that put LA over the top' list in '87.

He did a great job guarding McHale, before that it was Worthy, A.C. Green and Rambis on him. We have the reverse of that going on now as Gasol is almost as good as McHale (more like just as good as mcHale with a broken foot) and we have Green, Wilcox and Bass playing the hopeless roles the shorter Lakers forwards had before Thompson saved them.

You should be using drugs as an excuse too, especially if you bring up Bias.  Just sayin'

We all know how he died, genius!!

Don't shoot the messenger. The excuses being thrown out were all a little vague on rameakap's part, so I wanted to be clear about what he should be blaming. Just say No to drugs!

Didn't read any excuses, genius, he is wondering what would have been had Bias lived - as we all do.  We lost that one - we played well and it went 7 games, and we lost - on a Magic Junior Sky Hook - no excuses,  it was over 20 years ago.  Just like Bynum being hurt in 2008 wouldn't have mattered, McHale's broken foot didn't matter, either................right, genius??

Actually it went 6 games

My bad, of course you are right!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hedley why bother?

I am just pretending the ignore button still exists and refuse to ever respond/enagege with scum of the earth teenage losers like Bloggety/Bynum, Tommy, Dfurypussy and GK.

Those four can have their immature circle jerk on another teams forum all they want b/c their lives are miserable and empty but I won't talk to them and make mentally unstable pathetic people actual feel they have value in this world by enagaging them in discussion.

They don't have value, nothing they say or do is worth the time it takes to even type a four letter word back to them, which as all thats worth saying to immature losers who desire confrontation and negative attention.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Hedley why bother?

I am just pretending the ignore button still exists and refuse to ever respond/enagege with scum of the earth teenage losers like Bloggety/Bynum, Tommy, Dfurypussy and GK.

Those four can have their immature circle jerk on another teams forum all they want b/c their lives are miserable and empty but I won't talk to them and make mentally unstable pathetic people actual feel they have value in this world by enagaging them in discussion.

They don't have value, nothing they say or do is worth the time it takes to even type a four letter word back to them, which as all thats worth saying to immature losers who desire confrontation and negative attention.

This statement should be a mantra for all of us. Don't take the bait and never engage the scum.

They have ruined this BB, with the cheapest most cowardly tactics...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-04-25/metta-world-peace-ron-artest-suspension-david-stern-lakers-news

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/07/04/steve-nash-knicks-suns-free-agency/index.html

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8129885/sources-new-york-knicks-pursue-options-land-steve-nash

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/19498070/steve-nash-needs-a-dancing-partner-to-get-to-new-york

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

There may be a trade coming. This could be why Doc is starting Sully, to give him some exposure and make his stock rise.

I think there could be a trade of Sully, Bass, Wilcox and Melo for Josh Smith and Zaza.

You're crazy if you think Ainge is going to trade Sully.

Sully was a top 10 pick that slid all the way to #21. You don't trade a player like that when he hasn't even played a full season in the NBA!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Although I am impressed with Sully and view him as having great potential, I would make such a trade. How could you not when Smith and Zaza have years of productivity remaining and you immediately increase your chance at the championship?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

i believe a (big) trade is in the works!the celtics have to many of the same type of players someones got to go!i dont know who the big man is going to be but he will be a very good one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

PJ3 had 17 points the other night.  Sure glad we passed on him for Flab Melo - who's not even playing in the preseason.  The worst mistake you can make is drafting for need rather than the best player available.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to bigbostonceltics' comment:

i believe a (big) trade is in the works!the celtics have to many of the same type of players someones got to go!i dont know who the big man is going to be but he will be a very good one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree we have too many similar players but really need a big man.

I like Josh Smith but he's a 6'9" forward and, although probably better than the following ones, we already have some good wing rebounders and forwards at 6'9", Green, Wilcox & Bass.

I would do anything possible to get Anderson Varejao who is 6'10" and a forward and center. He's very similar to the Bulls' feisty banger Joakim Noah, although not the bulk of Howard or Bynum but at 235 lbs can still bang it up. So, whatever it takes, Danny, I'd do it !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

In response to bigbostonceltics' comment:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree we have too many similar players but really need a big man.

I like Josh Smith but he's a 6'9" forward and, although probably better than the following ones, we already have some good wing rebounders and forwards at 6'9", Green, Wilcox & Bass.

I would do anything possible to get Anderson Varejao who is 6'10" and a forward and center. He's very similar to the Bulls' feisty banger Joakim Noah, although not the bulk of Howard or Bynum but at 235 lbs can still bang it up. So, whatever it takes, Danny, I'd do it !!!

Varajeo is over 235 more like 250.  He is an energy player who we have been missing since 2009.  I believe it can be done after December and if he stays healthy and we are close to winning it all we should go out and get him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I really think that The Celts should get Josh Smith, Varajeo, Al Horford, Al Jefferson, Shawn Marion and Jeff Teague.  Now that will be a coup.  Imagine a roster of KG, Sullinger, Bass, Pierce, Green, Lee, Bradley, Jet, Rondo, Darko, Collins, Barbosa and Melo.  We will be 4 deep or more at every position.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

I really think that The Celts should get Josh Smith, Varajeo, Al Horford, Al Jefferson, Shawn Marion and Jeff Teague.  Now that will be a coup.  Imagine a roster of KG, Sullinger, Bass, Pierce, Green, Lee, Bradley, Jet, Rondo, Darko, Collins, Barbosa and Melo.  We will be 4 deep or more at every position.

I get your sarcasm but we need a big man.  We really need a big man.  It won't go away.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

yep, Bass is the odd man out...Sully is going to be a very good player...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I get your sarcasm but we need a big man.  We really need a big man.  It won't go away.

Sorry!  Bad day at work.  That was uncalled for.

I think that the Celts have enough bigs.  They are going to be a speed team this year.  A Lumbering big is not really needed.  Between Darko and Collins, they may have that covered.  The two can handle the likes of Bynum and Chandler.  Both are an upgrade over Hollins and Stiemsma.  What they need is Josh Smith.  Unfortunately, I don't see a way for them to get him.  A quality speedy 4 will make the Celts unbeatable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Sully is a little slow defensively, although may improve as the season goes...getting the rookie calls right now...hopefully Wilcox will be ready...he really runs the floor well...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

i like al jefferson better he can play forward and center,rebound,play low post defense,hit freethrows,score in the post,has played with rondo before and already knows doc rivers system.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

it's true the celts are are probably a quality big man (and perhaps a back-up pg) away from matching up to OKC and Miami, but this is the team we have right now. substituting Bass for Anderson Varejao or Josh Smith or someone with a tougher inside game would be great, but difficult to see how they make it work, especially in the case of smith even if they had the necessay pieces. So, the team is a little bit small - Bass and Green and (hopefully) Wilcox will see time at the 4 and there will be power 4s who will really hurt us. in those cases we may see more of garnett at the 4 and darko at the 5, but again it remains to be seen. Varejo makes 9 million per and has another year and a club option and josh smith is in the last year of his contract at over 13 (bass is at 6.5). clearly smith would require a lot of manuevering - more than seems possible. also, don't know if bass and whomever else would go would be enough to get varejao, who is bound to draw interest from a number of other teams. Al Jefferson makes even more - at 15, though like Smith is in the last year of his contract. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

In response to bt33's comment:

it's true the celts are are probably a quality big man (and perhaps a back-up pg) away from matching up to OKC and Miami, but this is the team we have right now. substituting Bass for Anderson Varejao or Josh Smith or someone with a tougher inside game would be great, but difficult to see how they make it work, especially in the case of smith even if they had the necessay pieces. So, the team is a little bit small - Bass and Green and (hopefully) Wilcox will see time at the 4 and there will be power 4s who will really hurt us. in those cases we may see more of garnett at the 4 and darko at the 5, but again it remains to be seen. Varejo makes 9 million per and has another year and a club option and josh smith is in the last year of his contract at over 13 (bass is at 6.5). clearly smith would require a lot of manuevering - more than seems possible. also, don't know if bass and whomever else would go would be enough to get varejao, who is bound to draw interest from a number of other teams. Al Jefferson makes even more - at 15, though like Smith is in the last year of his contract. 

If Bass gets beat out by a rookie and will wind up behind Sullinger and Green at pf, what will that do for his already limited trade value? Boston would get pennies on the dollar for him.

Anyone can be traded in the NBA- two words for you - Luke Walton.

Sections
Shortcuts