I Smell The Return Of Antoine Walker To The NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

I Smell The Return Of Antoine Walker To The NBA

Does anyone else smell the return of Antoine Walker to the NBA?

He is reported to be in a very good shape.

His D-League Stats:

PPG ---16.1
    RPG ---5.8
    APG ---3.5
    FG% --43%
    3P% --34%

I know it's D-league, but his stats are not bad, and I feel a team will tap him by next week. Will that team be the Boston Celtics?

What do you guys say?

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn to say, "He is not home"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: I Smell The Return Of Antoine Walker To The NBA

My say: I don't think that picking him up would be the direction the team would like to go in, as far as age and mileage. Nothing to do with personality. But, I hope he gets a shot with someone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: I Smell The Return Of Antoine Walker To The NBA:
    My say: I don't think that picking him up would be the direction the team would like to go in, as far as age and mileage. Nothing to do with personality. But, I hope he gets a shot with someone.
    Posted by OneNation

I hope so too.  I just feel for him because he's been working so hard to get back to the NBA. And he will actually help a team since he wouldn't repeat his old mistakes. So, I believe if he gets another shot at it, he will definitely seize the opportunity to excel.

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn to say, "He is not home"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Can you even fathom even one team even having a passing interest in Walker? Stats aside, the reports on him from the D-league, and contrary to what you heard he is still a good 25lbs over weight. That ship has sailed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Does anyone else smell the return of Antoine Walker to the NBA?

Is that what I smell?    Eweeeeeeeee!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

If you can smell that you have a good nose.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Right now, I can only smell my breakfast.  Not a whiff of Toine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Does anyone else smell the return of Antoine Walker to the NBA? Is that what I smell?    Eweeeeeeeee!
    Posted by OneOnOne

LMAO!

I liked Toine, but I'd be surprised if any NBA team picked him up.  No team wanted him the last few years he was in the NBA, so what makes him think a team wants him now?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

saw him play in the d league. he didn't look that bad. i dont know if he is nba ready though...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

If he came to Boston, the next sound you heard would be Doc taking the next plane to Florida.  I enjoyed him when he was here (you needed >>something<< to root for back then), but he had the weirdest game in the entire NBA, and it would drive Doc completely to distraction.  :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Smell The Return Of Antoine Walker To The NBA : I hope so too.  I just feel for him because he's been working so hard to get back to the NBA. And he will actually help a team since he wouldn't repeat his old mistakes.

Well if he doesn't repeat his old mistakes of trying to shoot or not playing defense-then sign him up.  Thanks for his D League stats-I needed those. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

he's reported to be in good shape (like shaq) by his press agent.  Have you seen the dude?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

what is twon shooting free throws at, 56%?  i can't see boston taking him in for the third time.  the second it was evident he was washed.  even if he has gotten in better shape, the guy's knees have betrayed him a long time ago.

he'd be no good for a running system, maybe as 11th or 12th guy a la juwann howard on some playoff bound team?  maybe the heat take a flyer on him?  someone might, but please not the celts.  you can only do the same dance so many times.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I don't see Walker as a fit for a contending team. He's simply nowhere close to the borderline All-Star that he was during his first stint in Boston. He might still be good enough for an end of the bench role on a losing NBA team, or inactive list fodder for a club in search of an extra body, but that's about it. The Sacramento Kings, for example, only have 14 guys on their roster. Other clubs may be in that situation as well. If Walker or his agent have any personal contacts on those teams, they might be nice enough to give him a 10-day trial run for the league minimum. The only way the Celtics should even consider signing Walker is if they make a 3-for-1 deal. Under that scenario, I'd be okay with a 10-day pity contract at the end of the regular season, allowing Walker to retire as a Celtic "on top," so to speak. He must know he doesn't have a meaningful future as an NBA player anymore. I think this is more about retiring on his own terms at the highest level of professional basketball. I hope somebody gives him that opportunity, even if it's only for a single game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-
    Was it Hamlet or somebody that said, "There's something rotten in . . . (name your NBA city).

Where's that smell coming from?  There was this stink on this board last year, a whole number of these threads about Toine's comeback, I can still remember the stench. 

Phew, good luck, Toine, you done screwed yourself up big time for such a nice fellow, but I don't see it happening.  Why not try Europe? 

Maybe Denmark.

Sections
Shortcuts