I think Ainge is done for the summer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

I think Ainge is done for the summer

Unless the Celts suddenly get Kevin Love, I think Ainge is done dealing for the summer.

Looks like this will be the Celtics team we will see on opening night.

Ainge can continue making trades on or before the trade deadline in Feb.

As for FA signings, Celts have 15 players, including Bogans, on the roster right now.

That doesn't include Chris Johnson and Babb.

So I don't think Ainge will be using the MLE or the BAE this summer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: I think Ainge is done for the summer

I agree, but hope you're wrong.

And if you are, you won't have to start a thread admitting it...............

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

I actually hope you are right. Develop the young players, get more good young players in the draft next year. that is how to do it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This year we may end up with a better draft pick if no trades are made. Our frontcourt is one of the worst in the NBA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

yep if we can draft some medium good players to add to  the medium good players we have right now we will be a medium good team in three or four years, we are lost if we can not trade for a alpha dog payer, WE WILL NOT GET HIM THROUGH THE DRAFT...  BUT WE ARE TANKING AGAIN AND Again, I guess it is all we can do, no ONE WANTS out medium good players,,,,we do not draft high enough in the draft

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

And the  Celts are done for the winter. Now we can start to concentrate on next  year's draft.  Gee that was quick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

if we are done and if we don't land love, i will never understand the folks on here who kept trashing the idea of getting him. not that anything we say on this board has anything to do with what actually happens. but there were so many on here who thought going after love was a bad idea. now, assuming we don't land him, we're looking at having another awful year with another boring draft next year. we will almost certainly deal rondo at some point, which will make some of you happy. but it means we won't matter as a team in this league for a long while. that sukcs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

This year we may end up with a better draft pick if no trades are made. Our frontcourt is one of the worst in the NBA.

Sullinger is really good actually and he is getting better. I say our weakness is in the shooting guards and no defined Center. But Sullinger is good and Olynik is good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

Sullinger is really good actually and he is getting better. I say our weakness is in the shooting guards and no defined Center. But Sullinger is good and Olynik is good.

If you offered both Sully and KO in a trade what do you think they would bring back?  Some of us Celtics fans go overboard about our own players, if they played for the Bucks or Philly what would you think about them?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

If you offered both Sully and KO in a trade what do you think they would bring back?  Some of us Celtics fans go overboard about our own players, if they played for the Bucks or Philly what would you think about them?

I will mention those two teams you said. Isnt Sully and KO better than what they have in the PF position?? if you think the bucks Illysova is better then you have a bad perception of what is good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KyCeltic,

I think you are right.  Shooting guard other than Thornton we have no one.  Sullinger is good and improving but I believe a niche player.  Olynik is seven foot and is skilled is like Dirk to a point.  Still we are not going to be anything but bad unitl we get some marquee players.  The Spurs always had Duncan. We need someone of stature.(figurative and literal)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

if we are done and if we don't land love, i will never understand the folks on here who kept trashing the idea of getting him. not that anything we say on this board has anything to do with what actually happens. but there were so many on here who thought going after love was a bad idea. now, assuming we don't land him, we're looking at having another awful year with another boring draft next year. we will almost certainly deal rondo at some point, which will make some of you happy. but it means we won't matter as a team in this league for a long while. that sukcs.

The folks, like me, who didn't want love, would rather develop young talent over time then sign a guy that would only make the team marginally better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

I think bradley, smart, young, thornton or parts there of have the potential to be much better at the 2 then last year.  I think we are 2 studs short to be a contender.  Those studs have to be at the 5 and either the 2 or 3 the way we are currently constituted.  If a trade for love were to happen then the stud would have to be at the 2 or 3, and we need to gain a role player at the 5 unless zeller turns into that player.  Currently green, bradley, sully, KO, thornton, and zeller are role players with potential.  Virtually all of them have the potential to be studs if they sufficiently improve, thornton and bradley are less likely to make a major leap then the other three....

So really all we need is for Zeller and Sully to step up...and then replace green with Durant or lebron in a couple of years and we would be good lol.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I will mention those two teams you said. Isnt Sully and KO better than what they have in the PF position?? if you think the bucks Illysova is better then you have a bad perception of what is good.

Do you think Sully or KO has more trade value than John Henson of the Bucks? Are they going to better than Tyler Zeller who we just basically got for nothing.  What i'm saying is other teams don't think they're as good as what we think they are. If say we traded Sully for Henson, and started Henson and Zeller at center and power forward do you think we would be better or worse than we are now. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Do you think Sully or KO has more trade value than John Henson of the Bucks? Are they going to better than Tyler Zeller who we just basically got for nothing.  What i'm saying is other teams don't think they're as good as what we think they are. If say we traded Sully for Henson, and started Henson and Zeller at center and power forward do you think we would be better or worse than we are now. 

to be quite honest, I dont know who Henson is. Milwakee has been more irrelevant than us. It took them how many years to be on the radar and still are a losing team? and is all because of their last few years picks not because of Henson or their performance! What I am trying to say is,  1. I truly believe we are an improved team over last year 2. We might still be mediocre but we have some good players and 3. How many contending teams can you count each year? less than a handful!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

to be quite honest, I dont know who Henson is. Milwakee has been more irrelevant than us. It took them how many years to be on the radar and still are a losing team? and is all because of their last few years picks not because of Henson or their performance! What I am trying to say is,  1. I truly believe we are an improved team over last year 2. We might still be mediocre but we have some good players and 3. How many contending teams can you count each year? less than a handful!

All i'm saying is every team has a Sully or a KO, and they're just like us, unless you have a couple star players you're going no where.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

All i'm saying is every team has a Sully or a KO, and they're just like us, unless you have a couple star players you're going no where.

True but honestly, look how many years it took the bucks to get a a potential star, still that does not guarantee a championship and they will eventually probably end up in another team. Is not an easy business to make a blockbuster trade, get a star or let alone win a championship.. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Maybe Danny is just done.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Done?  He hasn't even started yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Maybe both

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

He's not done yet. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Danny will start again after Dec. 15 or on or before the trade deadline.

But for now, I think he's done.

Celts already exceed the luxury tax threshold.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celticsfan1984. Show Celticsfan1984's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Danny will start again after Dec. 15 or on or before the trade deadline.

But for now, I think he's done.

Celts already exceed the luxury tax threshold.

He may be done due to the market and timing, but I do not believe he is done because he isn't trying or wants to be done.  Everybody else has taken their ball and gone home.  He can't play a game on a deserted playground by himself at this point. 

Started watching the Celtics in the 80's when I was a kid, and have been a fan ever since...have watched them hoist four banners into the rafters in my life time, and always cheering for more...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston1988. Show LegendofBoston1988's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

Unless the Celts suddenly get Kevin Love, I think Ainge is done dealing for the summer.

Looks like this will be the Celtics team we will see on opening night.

I also think they are done for the time being. 

Starting 5 

PG  Rondo

SG Bradley

SF Green

PF Sully

C Zeller

Not too shabby, I foresee 35 wins max :) 

Ainge can continue making trades on or before the trade deadline in Feb.

As for FA signings, Celts have 15 players, including Bogans, on the roster right now.

That doesn't include Chris Johnson and Babb.

So I don't think Ainge will be using the MLE or the BAE this summer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Idc what anyone says he will make a move at the deadline. He has way way way to much assets to get something done. 

Sections
Shortcuts