I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package

"you guys wonder why we all jump on you, its not bc we hate you, its bc you make no sense when you post. you think that any trade can work bc you can trade anyone away and get better. it doesnt work that way."

Probably the best comment of 2010...Real talk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Glan brings something to floor every time he plays. He's grown into a high quality NBA player. He's a keeper for years to come. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

still waiting for a list of replacements celticsboy..ill accept it if you admit that you cant name anybody. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ME. Show ME's posts

In Response to Re: I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package : d ick eating?, please, you would know about D ick eating since your mother used to wake you up at night munching on a couple of sausages being so loud. You know what I find amazing on this board, it just boggles my mind, that some of you are making the argument that Fat Glen Davis cannot be traded and have a replacement to play like he does, ARE YOU FCKING KIDDING?????? Is this not the N.B.. freakin A, where players have been playing basketball their whole careers. Did Orlando not trade Vince Carter, Gortat, Michael Petrius and Lewis and bring in Turkoglu, Arenas and Richardson and see them outperfomed the ones they shipped away. Are the Celtics the only freakin team whereas if they were to bring in a player in a trade replacing a former, all of the sudden he wouldn't know his role, he wouldn't be as good of a starter or play up to par????????? Ya, and I'm the one that doesn't make sense on here. Just look at the stupid Sht that Jamez wrote, you have to really ask yourself about some of the people that post on here calling other's names when they should really take a look in the mirror at themselves.

No one is trying to jump on you but it just doesn't make sense. There is no reason to trade him, he is performing well, and is going to be a starter for years to come. This is just a random idea thrown out there, which there is nothing wrong with, but I think we'd have to "win" the trade. I agree with the title of the thread that Davis can be sacrificed in a trade package, but only if a clear upgrade comes along. Any ideas...?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

bias.and celtics boy. (first of all celtics boy stop di ck eating..with your " Again, there goes my friend, reading and UNDERSTANDING what was written, Bias, i am with you on anything now, you've won me over, seriopusly." now..who do you suppose we trade bb for? remember this guy has to be able to play like a starter, which is what baby does bc oneal cant play more than 5 min at a time. he also has to be able to have a consistent jumper, plus decent post moves that get him to the rim. he also has to be able to succesfully and consistently draw charges and offensive fouls, giving us a real weapon on defense. and he has to be able to play both the 4 and 5 positions. now go to work, who are we going to get? oh, and the trade has to be realistic, we cant trade BB to the lakers for Pau Gasol. you guys wonder why we all jump on you, its not bc we hate you, its bc you make no sense when you post. you think that any trade can work bc you can trade anyone away and get better. it doesnt work that way.
    Posted by Jamez+Hill

You can jump on me all you want. My point is that you have to sell high. Come FA time we have put him on the curb for anyone to take without even getting anything back. When BBD went out there last year and was available what offers came his way...ZILCH! That's why he's back with the C's with that low salary. His production is good because he fits a role with the C's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package : d ick eating?, please, you would know about D ick eating since your mother used to wake you up at night munching on a couple of sausages being so loud. You know what I find amazing on this board, it just boggles my mind, that some of you are making the argument that Fat Glen Davis cannot be traded and have a replacement to play like he does, ARE YOU FCKING KIDDING?????? Is this not the N.B.. freakin A, where players have been playing basketball their whole careers. Did Orlando not trade Vince Carter, Gortat, Michael Petrius and Lewis and bring in Turkoglu, Arenas and Richardson and see them outperfomed the ones they shipped away. Are the Celtics the only freakin team whereas if they were to bring in a player in a trade replacing a former, all of the sudden he wouldn't know his role, he wouldn't be as good of a starter or play up to par????????? Ya, and I'm the one that doesn't make sense on here. Just look at the stupid Sht that Jamez wrote, you have to really ask yourself about some of the people that post on here calling other's names when they should really take a look in the mirror at themselves.
    Posted by celticsboy11

The moderators should not tolerate this kind of behavior.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package : You can jump on me all you want. My point is that you have to sell high. Come FA time we have put him on the curb for anyone to take without even getting anything back. When BBD went out there last year and was available what offers came his way...ZILCH! That's why he's back with the C's with that low salary. His production is good because he fits a role with the C's.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Like when you're high when you make stupid proposals like trading BBD?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

The celts this year are positioned better to absorb a loss of kg. They have an improved BB. And When JO gets healthy JO can block shots and rebound at a good pace. With shaq. They have more options than just rasheed of last year...

If your looking at sensable trade options. The place to look is Indiana for posey. What would get that done would be a perkins,bradley and a second round pick for Posey... Posey would give boston depth at the 3 and 4. that would give quis to be free to play the 1 2 or 3..

Other moves that would help would be to trade quis and erden to clev for jamario moon and leon powe..Moon is more athletic than quis and powe can be that insurance at the 4. Or play 3 like he did in the finals against players like odom.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

If the celtics were looking to make a move they can do it this year with perks deal..Thats 4mill off the books. The celts can be in on potential deals with perk,bradley,erden which will be about 6mill in salary give or take. Where boston would have to take on while teams would take these salaries to dump.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

So what you're saying is that there isn't a better upgrade out there than BBD??
    Posted by BiasLewis

isn't the burden on the PROPOSERS OF THE BBD DISPOSAL to bring up the "better" replacements than him??!@$$#@!@

who is it that you're going to bring in for similar cap money, who can shoot adequately outside and from the line, has the bulk to play 5 as well as 4, can body around the biggest and best centers in the league and get them off their spot?  NO, he has never and will never be able to jump with them, but his game is to outmuscle them in lower body strength and he does it very well.  add to that the fact that he is nearly universally regarded as the best big man help defender in the league and leads the league in charges taken and suddenly you are talking about replacing a player who not only has a lot of actual stat sheet skills, but tons of off stat sheet intangible benefits to the C's.  or am i missing something?

so who in the league does this?  so far duddler has come up with deanderthal jordan of the clippers- an absolute laugher.  so bring us to the light, who do you want to get to replace davis?

alas, davis is young, still improving, may never be the "ultimate player"- needs to improve in defensive rebounding.  i have faith that he will get better, maybe not to an elite level, but to observe his superior footwork on both post defense and help defense, i have to think there is hope that he will become better at the box out on a nightly basis.  as it is, any given night, he can be observed plowing his man out of the way quite a bit and rebounds drop easily to other people.  not every play, but he does do this.

and, not to be redundnat, but davis is a value, at $3m, likely to end up being paid 5 to 6M max in the new CBA, whenever that happens.  So, you want to jettison this cheaply paid 2nd round bargain basement energy player in favor of WHATTT??  we still need a back up 4 and 5 like davis because jerlame is defunct and perkins is an unknown quantity.  so you are taking away our best bench player in favor of?????????????????????? what.

please just end the suspense and tell us who we are bringing in for davis who has upside, not a horrible contract, is young, etc.  WHO BE IT?  and don't say hanragody.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

BiasLewis wants Mikki Moore back. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Geeeeeeee SOB, sacrifice?
    This discussion and title reminds me of the AZTEC sacrifice.
    Stupid thread....really -- where can you find a player in mid level salary that hazzle, dazzle and hard nose like Davis?
    www.mexicolore.co.uk/images-ans/ans_30_01_2.jpg" alt="" width="582" height="527" />

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package : isn't the burden on the PROPOSERS OF THE BBD DISPOSAL to bring up the "better" replacements than him??!@$$#@!@ who is it that you're going to bring in for similar cap money, who can shoot adequately outside and from the line, has the bulk to play 5 as well as 4, can body around the biggest and best centers in the league and get them off their spot?  NO, he has never and will never be able to jump with them, but his game is to outmuscle them in lower body strength and he does it very well.  add to that the fact that he is nearly universally regarded as the best big man help defender in the league and leads the league in charges taken and suddenly you are talking about replacing a player who not only has a lot of actual stat sheet skills, but tons of off stat sheet intangible benefits to the C's.  or am i missing something? so who in the league does this?  so far duddler has come up with deanderthal jordan of the clippers- an absolute laugher.  so bring us to the light, who do you want to get to replace davis? alas, davis is young, still improving, may never be the "ultimate player"- needs to improve in defensive rebounding.  i have faith that he will get better, maybe not to an elite level, but to observe his superior footwork on both post defense and help defense, i have to think there is hope that he will become better at the box out on a nightly basis.  as it is, any given night, he can be observed plowing his man out of the way quite a bit and rebounds drop easily to other people.  not every play, but he does do this. and, not to be redundnat, but davis is a value, at $3m, likely to end up being paid 5 to 6M max in the new CBA, whenever that happens.  So, you want to jettison this cheaply paid 2nd round bargain basement energy player in favor of WHATTT??  we still need a back up 4 and 5 like davis because jerlame is defunct and perkins is an unknown quantity.  so you are taking away our best bench player in favor of?????????????????????? what. please just end the suspense and tell us who we are bringing in for davis who has upside, not a horrible contract, is young, etc.  WHO BE IT?  and don't say hanragody.
    Posted by aciemvp

actually...nailed it perfectly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In Response to I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package:
    If there is someone available out there that the Celts can grab and have a decent player they can shed as the load for a package deal, Send Glen on his merry way. Dunno about you guys but i'm a little urked by some of his, sometimes, bad timing on making a lay up, getting his ball swatted away, not even fully blocked and him still having some difficulties getting up for a lay up. He make it look so dam difficult at times then it really is. We can attribute the weight to that but think about how much better Davis could be if he had a quicker jumping ability. Don't get me wrong, I love the hustle, he outmuscles many of the board at times and provides some help for the team but if you were to ask me, he has some serious flaws that equals his talents. The short jumper is good but sometimes he gets carried away and takes one too many. The missed lay ups and getting his shots blocked, thats a given and he is just still out of shape for me. And i don't think he's making an effort to lose it. If the Celtics could make him the key player in a packaged deal with the loafer, Jermaine Oneal, maybe Bradley and a draft pick, I think they can cut it. Just my opinion
    Posted by celticsboy11

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondosack. Show hondosack's posts

If there is someone available out there that the Celts can grab and have a decent player they can shed as the load for a package deal, Send Glen on his merry way. Dunno about you guys but i'm a little urked by some of his, sometimes, bad timing on making a lay up, getting his ball swatted away, not even fully blocked and him still having some difficulties getting up for a lay up. He make it look so dam difficult at times then it really is. We can attribute the weight to that but think about how much better Davis could be if he had a quicker jumping ability. Don't get me wrong, I love the hustle, he outmuscles many of the board at times and provides some help for the team but if you were to ask me, he has some serious flaws that equals his talents. The short jumper is good but sometimes he gets carried away and takes one too many. The missed lay ups and getting his shots blocked, thats a given and he is just still out of shape for me. And i don't think he's making an effort to lose it. If the Celtics could make him the key player in a packaged deal with the loafer, Jermaine Oneal, maybe Bradley and a draft pick, I think they can cut it. Just my opinion
    Posted by celticsboy11

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondosack. Show hondosack's posts

Celticsboy, OK, I won't pull any punches here......your post is a DUMB idea, plain and simple. Potential 6th man of the year, C's are two wins away from best record in the league, and you want to disrupt things? Sorry, makes no sense, NONE.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package : What are you on PMS, "moderator help, help, please I don't like what so and so said, could you please help, he is hurting my feeble feelings". You Girlie Men, go sit somewhere. Did you call on the moderator to remove your butt buddy when he told to stop eating D icks but you wanna remove my reply back to him. How about this, YOU EAT A D ICK. Go to your moderator now.
    Posted by celticsboy11

Dude....you're freaking out.  Someone had to tell you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package : What are you on PMS, "moderator help, help, please I don't like what so and so said, could you please help, he is hurting my feeble feelings". You Girlie Men, go sit somewhere. Did you call on the moderator to remove your butt buddy when he told to stop eating D icks but you wanna remove my reply back to him. How about this, YOU EAT A D ICK. Go to your moderator now.
    Posted by celticsboy11

HAHAHA!!!

LOOK AT THE MAN TALKING LIKE A TOUGH GUY ON A COMPUTER SCREEN!

HAHAHA!!! AGAIN!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Posted by celticsboy11

TRUE GENIUS!

"IF THERE WAS SOMEONE OUT THERE."

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFE SOMEWHERE OUT THERE?

HAHAHA!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This idea that BBD and before that Rondo are somehow impediments to the team is so odd. I really like acie's post because it begs the question who are these people what do they want and why are so f'ing redundant.

I got news for you Rondo and BBD will be with this team for years to come baring another trade of a lifetime(2007).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

No one at $3M but that $3M is good until June. So to say BBD and Rondo will be with the C's for a long time is BS. This is why I said you have to throw in another player.

Let me ask a question. Kenny Smith on TNT just said "what else do you want from your PF b ut rebounding and block shots". I could care less if my PF can hit a jumper when I have PP and RA, if he can't get me 10 boards or block shots.

DeJuan Blair starts at C for the Spurs and he gets 12-15 rebs like it's nothing and he's smaller than BBD.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

No one at $3M but that $3M is good until June. So to say BBD and Rondo will be with the C's for a long time is BS. This is why I said you have to throw in another player. Let me ask a question. Kenny Smith on TNT just said "what else do you want from your PF b ut rebounding and block shots". I could care less if my PF can hit a jumper when I have PP and RA, if he can't get me 10 boards or block shots. DeJuan Blair starts at C for the Spurs and he gets 12-15 rebs like it's nothing and he's smaller than BBD.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Are you saying we trade BBD for Blair?

And do you think the Spurs would also want BBD?

Man up, tell us who the Celtics should trade BBD for?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

No one at $3M but that $3M is good until June. So to say BBD and Rondo will be with the C's for a long time is BS. This is why I said you have to throw in another player. Let me ask a question. Kenny Smith on TNT just said "what else do you want from your PF b ut rebounding and block shots". I could care less if my PF can hit a jumper when I have PP and RA, if he can't get me 10 boards or block shots. DeJuan Blair starts at C for the Spurs and he gets 12-15 rebs like it's nothing and he's smaller than BBD.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Excuse me but he averages 6 rebounds a game. 6'7" .  You would be ready to trade a 6'7" center in a heart beat if he played for the C's.  You could care less if he can hit a open jumper?  you need to take a break from your computer.  I don't think your fingers know what your typing.  And by the way the Spurs play a lot more uptempo so there is going to be a lot more rebounds for their team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

There's a good change Glenn Davis will be the Celtics best player over the next few weeks.  He's got his jumper going pretty good and he does a lot of good stuff when he's on the floor.  He's just got to hold the fort down until KG comes back, I think he's up to the task.  Let's see what happens - don't bum the guy out by having all the C's fans talking about trading the poor guy when we need him most during a long season. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

There's a good change Glenn Davis will be the Celtics best player over the next few weeks.  He's got his jumper going pretty good and he does a lot of good stuff when he's on the floor.  He's just got to hold the fort down until KG comes back, I think he's up to the task.  Let's see what happens - don't bum the guy out by having all the C's fans talking about trading the poor guy when we need him most during a long season. 
    Posted by jeezem

I think BiasLewis wouldn't understand what you just said. The narcotics are still in his system.

Sections
Shortcuts