I think it's safe to say that the Celtics will not be paying Avery Bradley.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I think it's safe to say that the Celtics will not be paying Avery Bradley.......

This guy turned down $28M over 4 yrs

What would you offer him now ?

Now that's he's missed over 20 games this season and the last 12 consecutive ?

The Red Sox offered Nomar $60M over 4 yrs and he turned it down , leading to his being traded and he barely made $20M for the entire rest of his career........

I think Avery Bradley blew it big time by turning down a very generous offer from the Celtic.

He is owed $3.8M next season , can't see him getting more than $6M for even one year with an option considering how injury prone the guy has been.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

Re: I think it's safe to say that the Celtics will not be paying Avery Bradley.......

Agreed. Injury prone, small for a 2 guard , poor ball handling skills and not a good finisher around the rim . On the plus side Avery seems to have an excellent attitude, is a great on the ball defender and has improved his outside shooting tremendously but is not worth 8 million per year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Re: I think it's safe to say that the Celtics will not be paying Avery Bradley.......

A lot depends on what position we get for the draft and who we end up drafting. We draft a SG then he's not getting what he wants. He did do a Nomar. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Bradley is a decent starter on a poor team like this year's Celtics when he is healthy, but he is likely to become a bench player if he signs with a good team somewhere else.

For this reason, doubt that any team that thinks that they are going to be good next year signs him for starter's money (more than about 5 M) and I am not sure that too many teams will have much more money for a bench player.

As was mentioned he is a small 2 guard and pretty much a poor point guard at this time in his career even though he has improved since joining the Celtics.

If he finds a non contending team to take him he will also not likely make as much as he would with the Celtics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Celtics tried to showcase him hoping to get some suitors for trade, he played max minutes to the best of his ability, we learned what we already knew, he is a career back up, nobody bit, now he'll walk away...

Just another in a long line of stuff Fierce was wrong about.  I have farts with deeper insights.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

The Celtics tried to showcase him hoping to get some suitors for trade, he played max minutes to the best of his ability, we learned what we already knew, he is a career back up, nobody bit, now he'll walk away...

Just another in a long line of stuff Fierce was wrong about.  I have farts with deeper insights.

BWAHAHAHA!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!   Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Let someone else overpay Bradley and Rondo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Just another in a long line of stuff Fierce was wrong about.  I have farts with deeper insights."

Funny line - but while your posts in the Patriots forum are outstanding, in some cases the best stuff in the whole place - but Fierce has made far more valuable contributions to this Celtics forum over the years than you have on the Celtics side. 

Yes his childish feuds with mployee etc are annoying but he's brought plenty of basketball knowledge and opinions. And yes, he's been wrong about some things. Right about some others. Just like everyone else in here. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

A history of injuries can cause GMs to be leery of drafting or trading for players and can cause them to pass on players that they would have traded for. 

Hey we got Sully that way. Rondo's value has dropped or GMs are at least cautious. Now the same has happened to ABs value.

If AB doesnt get 4/$30m then it's better for the Cs all the way around. Again, where the Cs end  in draft order is going to have a bearing on who we draft and whether we really need AB. We drop out of the top 5 and draft a SG then ABs gone. Either by S&T or walking. It's really evident that the Cs are going to be in Tankapalooza 2 next year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

And everyone here knows you want to keep AB and are willing to pay him in excess of $8MM/yr ... you aren't fooling anyone with this "sign him to keep or trade" BS ... LOL!!!

I never said I want to pay AB 8m per year.

Show the post where I said that.

The highest I'm willing to give AB is 7.5m per year.

Anything over $6M and more than one year is a great deal for Bradley. I like his game and hope he stays , but I think the Celtics have to let him walk or sign and trade him if he wants $7M or $8M and 3 or 4 yrs.

They owe him $3.8M next season so I think $6M is a fair market offer.....also , giving him 3 or 4 yrs is also probably not possible for the Celtics with his injury history. Shouldn't be anyway....

20 games left to evaluate the roster, then it's on to draft night where I think the Celtics will land 2 of the top 10 players even if they have to give up multiple #1's

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm a big AB fan but he is injury prone. I'm not sure he didn't shoot himself in the foot by turning down the offered extension. He slid down the draft due to injury concerns and has done nothing but validate those concerns so far. When he's healthy he's a dynamic player that brings a lot to the table but, every time he starts to establish himself he gets injured. I don't think I'm going to risk 8 mil a year for 4 years when he might only play 60-75% of the time and with the new CBA aimed to reel in salaries, I don't think their will be many, if any teams that will.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Why does Ainge need to sign him and not let him go for nothing?  Why so much certitude on that particular aspect?  To me, 4 year 30 M is a mistake, and paying too much is just as bad or even more than letting him go for nothing, also S&T for the sake of not letting him go also not necessary a good thing, it depends on what they can get for the trade.

I can't believe right now Ainge is saying, I am not letting AB go no matter what.  I think the options are wide open and depend on what other teams or suitors do.  For that kind of money, they can go after some other future SG when the the time is right which I think is not yet next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Let someone else overpay Bradley and Rondo.

An injury proned shooting guard who isn't a great shooter, and a malcontent of a PG who can't lead his team or hit free throws??? I can't even imagine who that "someone else" could be for either of them. BOTH are so overrated............Keep AB as a complementary piece on the cheap for his tenacious D if you can, but for the most part......I'm with ya Chris!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Just another in a long line of stuff Fierce was wrong about.  I have farts with deeper insights."

Funny line - but while your posts in the Patriots forum are outstanding, in some cases the best stuff in the whole place - but Fierce has made far more valuable contributions to this Celtics forum over the years than you have on the Celtics side. 

Yes his childish feuds with mployee etc are annoying but he's brought plenty of basketball knowledge and opinions. And yes, he's been wrong about some things. Right about some others. Just like everyone else in here. 

If you look at my profile above you'll see I've been posting since 2005, the reality is I've been here much longer.  They had the great purge of 05' where they made us all start over with new profiles.  I've been here longer than Fierce has been alive assuming he is as juvenile as he comes off.

If someone doesn't want to get blasted they probably shouldn't follow other posters around here like a jealous girl, their writing style shouldn't consist of taking snippets of posts and slanting them to skew what the original poster was saying to begin with, they also shouldn't assume they know everything, state emphatically aloud as such until they're actually proven wrong and then act contrite to score humilty points (Chris Babb thread anyone).

He could just leave me alone, but doesn't, so when he is wrong (which is often despite your cheerleading on his behalf) he gets blasted.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

What???

I'm wrong often?

HAHAHA

Yes, wozzy, you've been here much longer than most of us.

But why is it that until now you're still clueless when it comes to the Celts and the NBA?

burp

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

"I think it's safe to say that the Celtics will not be paying Avery Bradley......."

Plus one.

If the C's pick with the 5th or 6th pick, and we're rebuilding around Rondo, and AB's already halfway out the door.....I would imagine that DA would draft Smart with the intention of making him our starting SG.

Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, and Exum are gone.  And the last thing we need is another PF.  Draft Smart.

Sections
Shortcuts