I think the Heat may have ruined the NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticreuven. Show celticreuven's posts

I think the Heat may have ruined the NBA

Before I begin talking about the Heat, I want to say a word about the Celtics.   The Celtics got their 'BIG 3' through reasonable trades.  I really believe that.  Big Al looked like a monster in the making.  Plus we gave Minny some decent other players.  As far as Ray goes, we gave #5 pick and West and Szerbiak (the latter admittedly bad in my opinion).  Thus we got our team the old fashioned way.  We made trades.  For example, look at how Denver got a "better" team in exchange for Carmelo.

This brings me to the Heat. Whom I must say, I have complete disdain for.  Two all-stars decided to join another all-star to make a super-team.  No building blocks. No reasonable trades.  NOthing.  Just all-stars deciding to pick a team and kick butt and win as many championships as possible.

The problem with this is that other all-star players in the NBA want to win championships too.  So what will happen in the future?  Stars in free agency will decide to join forces and try to beat the Heat's super-team.  I believe, for example, there might be three or four super-teams competing for the championship all mostly built on stars coming together and trying to beat other super-teams (i.e. the Heat)

Gone will be the era of the trades for the most part.  More power, rightly or wrongly, will be given to the players.  MANY THINGS WILL BE CHANGED by the example set Bosh and James did.

Granted, I must admit here in saying in all this that I detest the Heat and how they went about composing a winnning team.  I don't respect James nor Bosh.  I don't even like Wade as much.  Once again, and others have said it, would Kobe ever have done what James did.  I think not.  (Even though Kobe is a Laker, I respect him.)

In conclusion, I do believe there will now be a shift in how teams will be formed.  Players will have more power, etc.

I just hope that I love the "new" NBA as much as I love the present one.  And, of course, my love for the C's is non-ending.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: I think the Heat may have ruined the NBA

Not trying to rain on your parade but I have no problem with what Bosh and LeBron did.  I have a problem with how LeBron treated Cleveland, but you can't blame guys for wanting a chance at winning.  The Heat will have another 3-4 years of being title favorites before Wade and Bosh's game start to go downhill.  Even then, LeBron will still be in his prime and able to carry that team to the title.

The Bulls are only getting better, the Thunder are only getting better, I believe the Lakers and Celtics find ways to rebuild and stay in contention, the Knicks will get better... Heck, even the Grizzlies look to have a bright future.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

It's hard to say that Kobe wouldn't have done what James did.  Kobe has been on a top market team his entire career.  The stars get to come to him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to I think the Heat may have ruined the NBA:
    Before I begin talking about the Heat, I want to say a word about the Celtics.   The Celtics got their 'BIG 3' through reasonable trades.  I really believe that.  Big Al looked like a monster in the making.  Plus we gave Minny some decent other players.  As far as Ray goes, we gave #5 pick and West and Szerbiak (the latter admittedly bad in my opinion).  Thus we got our team the old fashioned way.  We made trades.  For example, look at how Denver got a "better" team in exchange for Carmelo. This brings me to the Heat. Whom I must say, I have complete disdain for.  Two all-stars decided to join another all-star to make a super-team.  No building blocks. No reasonable trades.  NOthing.  Just all-stars deciding to pick a team and kick butt and win as many championships as possible. The problem with this is that other all-star players in the NBA want to win championships too.  So what will happen in the future?  Stars in free agency will decide to join forces and try to beat the Heat's super-team.  I believe, for example, there might be three or four super-teams competing for the championship all mostly built on stars coming together and trying to beat other super-teams (i.e. the Heat) Gone will be the era of the trades for the most part.  More power, rightly or wrongly, will be given to the players.  MANY THINGS WILL BE CHANGED by the example set Bosh and James did. Granted, I must admit here in saying in all this that I detest the Heat and how they went about composing a winnning team.  I don't respect James nor Bosh.  I don't even like Wade as much.  Once again, and others have said it, would Kobe ever have done what James did.  I think not.  (Even though Kobe is a Laker, I respect him.) In conclusion, I do believe there will now be a shift in how teams will be formed.  Players will have more power, etc. I just hope that I love the "new" NBA as much as I love the present one.  And, of course, my love for the C's is non-ending.
    Posted by celticreuven

Read this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-mchale120808

celtics got kg through 'reasonable trade'- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

In Response to Re: I think the Heat may have ruined the NBA:
    Not trying to rain on your parade but I have no problem with what Bosh and LeBron did.  I have a problem with how LeBron treated Cleveland, but you can't blame guys for wanting a chance at winning.  The Heat will have another 3-4 years of being title favorites before Wade and Bosh's game start to go downhill.  Even then, LeBron will still be in his prime and able to carry that team to the title. The Bulls are only getting better, the Thunder are only getting better, I believe the Lakers and Celtics find ways to rebuild and stay in contention, the Knicks will get better... Heck, even the Grizzlies look to have a bright future.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

The LePuke/DWade Heat haven't won ONE championship yet.  They still have another series to play before they even get to contend.  I was surprised last night at the post-game hubbub.  It wasn't the NBA Finals, or even the Eastern Conference Finals.  Go Bulls!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

interesting article about players switching teams. 

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2011/03/new-collective-bargaining-agreement-to-limit-players-ability-to-switch-teams/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Before I begin talking about the Heat, I want to say a word about the Celtics.   The Celtics got their 'BIG 3' through reasonable trades.  I really believe that.  Big Al looked like a monster in the making.  Plus we gave Minny some decent other players.  As far as Ray goes, we gave #5 pick and West and Szerbiak (the latter admittedly bad in my opinion).  Thus we got our team the old fashioned way.  We made trades.  For example, look at how Denver got a "better" team in exchange for Carmelo. This brings me to the Heat. Whom I must say, I have complete disdain for.  Two all-stars decided to join another all-star to make a super-team.  No building blocks. No reasonable trades.  NOthing.  Just all-stars deciding to pick a team and kick butt and win as many championships as possible. The problem with this is that other all-star players in the NBA want to win championships too.  So what will happen in the future?  Stars in free agency will decide to join forces and try to beat the Heat's super-team.  I believe, for example, there might be three or four super-teams competing for the championship all mostly built on stars coming together and trying to beat other super-teams (i.e. the Heat) Gone will be the era of the trades for the most part.  More power, rightly or wrongly, will be given to the players.  MANY THINGS WILL BE CHANGED by the example set Bosh and James did. Granted, I must admit here in saying in all this that I detest the Heat and how they went about composing a winnning team.  I don't respect James nor Bosh.  I don't even like Wade as much.  Once again, and others have said it, would Kobe ever have done what James did.  I think not.  (Even though Kobe is a Laker, I respect him.) In conclusion, I do believe there will now be a shift in how teams will be formed.  Players will have more power, etc. I just hope that I love the "new" NBA as much as I love the present one.  And, of course, my love for the C's is non-ending.
    Posted by celticreuven

Cry

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The Heat are going to get their a...s kicked in the next round. If we had been healthy, we would have beaten them easily.
    Posted by Kirk6

I agree with you about Miami losing in the next round.  I really dislike Miami and don't want to see them advance to the NBA finals.  If they do end up in the NBA finals this year,  I will want the Western Conference team to win, whether it is Dallas, Oklahoma City or Memphis. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to I think the Heat may have ruined the NBA : Read this: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-mchale120808 celtics got kg through 'reasonable trade'- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

Fakers got Gasol through a "reasonable trade"--HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I have no problem with how the Heat built their team.  They were free agents and they want to win by playing together.  I have a bigger issue with Carmelo Anthony playing rope-a-dope with the Nuggets and forcing a trade.  That is bad for the NBA.  If the Celtics can use their expiring contracts to get Chris Paul and Dwight Howard (just for argument sake, I don't expect them to get either), will anyone cry foul then?   

The Celtics accumulated talent and traded some pretty good players away for KG, headlined by Big Al, who looked like a perennial double-double guy.  Some people will argue that the KG trade was a steal for the Celtics.  I'd say look at Kwame Brown and an unknown Marc Gasol for Pau Gasol.  A heist.    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

Ratings for the season and playoffs are sky high.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/features/articles/167131-nba-tv-ratings-nearing-best-ever

Maybe your thread should have been "I think the Heat may have ruined the Celtics chances for multiple Titles."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Posted by celticreuven

And I suppose if Labron had decided to join the Celtics you would have cried noooo.  Yeah right.  The Heat is going to be a force for the next 6 years.  And they'll add players too just as Doc is planning on doing.  Deal with it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Ratings for the season and playoffs are sky high. http://www.hoopsvibe.com/features/articles/167131-nba-tv-ratings-nearing-best-ever Maybe your thread should have been "I think the Heat may have ruined the Celtics chances for multiple Titles."
    Posted by icnd

agreed...whole heartedly agreed

this NBA season has been really fun to watch unfold

to many more great seasons like it

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I don't begrudge them anything........I won't watch  any more games, but that is just a personal preference.  I prefer the Mavs and Thunder style of play........while all the games will be good, I'd rather stick a toothpick in my eye than watch MIA vs CHI!!

Celtics are out - beaten by a better team, so it's baseball season!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

I don't begrudge them anything........I won't watch  any more games, but that is just a personal preference.  I prefer the Mavs and Thunder style of play........while all the games will be good, I'd rather stick a toothpick in my eye than watch MIA vs CHI!! Celtics are out - beaten by a better team, so it's baseball season!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

and may the marlins win it all!

and my lil' cousin make it to the bigs!

good luck next year, sir

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: I think the Heat may have ruined the NBA : and may the marlins win it all! and my lil' cousin make it to the bigs! good luck next year, sir
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Congrats to you and your team.  I am retiring today, so I hope next year you show up win or lose - you'll earn more respect that way.

Best of luck to you, as well!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

A new CBA is likely to limit the ability for a team to sign 3 superstars (1 in-house - 2 UR FA) in the future so I am not so sure that this trend towards players bunching together is going to continue.

Carmellow Anthony was in such a hurry to get traded to the Knicks because he did not want to be an FA under an unknown CBA. Because the only thing that is known is that it will not be as player friendly a CBA as this past one was.

But also this opinion the the Heat have ruined the NBA has its foundation on the idea that they will win the championship. That assumes they will beat Chicago and Dallas or whoever the Western Conference entry is and that is far from clear to me.

Yes the Heat beat the defending conference champs but the C's came into the post season with disarray at the center position, a bench that never jelled after being re-engineered at the all-start break, Pierce playing with a partial tear in his Achilles and played 2.5 of the five games with their field general point guard playing with one arm. Healthier, younger opponents await with have had more stability in their total roster.

They not only haven't ruined the NBA, while it was a nice step taking down the defending conference champs, they have not done anything yet. Last night's emotion from the Heat was as misplaced as was LeBron's declaration last summer at Miami's "signing party" that the Heat would win 7 championships.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Totally disagree with the OP.  Having a league villain (LeBron), even if the Heat win it all, is worth it.  Makes next year's rivalries all the more heated.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

The Heat are great for the NBA. I hate 'em like eveyone else and will do so for a long time but you can't fault them for wanting to create a super team. I do think they will win 4-5 Championships and I hate to say that. I would dare say that there has NEVER been a more talented pair matched together than James and Wade in the history of the NBA. If you think it's hard to watch now...check back in 5 years. We better land Dwight...absolutley, positively, necessary!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am with Kirk they are not going to win a championship this year.  I believe the three idiots down there in the next years will face injury problems and that will sink them further. They really do not play as a team and others like the Bulls, Mavericks, Thunder, and Grizzlies do. In the end they may win one but it will be a lot of noise.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

concord, i believe you are hoping and wishing more than anything else

the heat are going to win multiple titles

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Concord, if you think the 3 that demolished the cs are idiots, what does that make your 3?

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

A new CBA is likely to limit the ability for a team to sign 3 superstars (1 in-house - 2 UR FA) in the future so I am not so sure that this trend towards players bunching together is going to continue. Carmellow Anthony was in such a hurry to get traded to the Knicks because he did not want to be an FA under an unknown CBA. Because the only thing that is known is that it will not be as player friendly a CBA as this past one was. But also this opinion the the Heat have ruined the NBA has its foundation on the idea that they will win the championship. That assumes they will beat Chicago and Dallas or whoever the Western Conference entry is and that is far from clear to me. Yes the Heat beat the defending conference champs but the C's came into the post season with disarray at the center position, a bench that never jelled after being re-engineered at the all-start break, Pierce playing with a partial tear in his Achilles and played 2.5 of the five games with their field general point guard playing with one arm. Healthier, younger opponents await with have had more stability in their total roster. They not only haven't ruined the NBA, while it was a nice step taking down the defending conference champs, they have not done anything yet. Last night's emotion from the Heat was as misplaced as was LeBron's declaration last summer at Miami's "signing party" that the Heat would win 7 championships.
    Posted by fivekatz

Fivekatz

Agree with most of your post, but Anthony turned down 60+ million from the Nuggets and went back and forth in public about staying or going.  If he wanted to get out of Dodge, just do it and don't try to use public negotiations to extract every last dollar from your team.  That is worse than anything the Heat players did, with the exception of "the decision". 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The Heat ruined the NBA? Try the Celtics, remember they were the "blue print".  I have no hard feelings towards the Heat.  They are committed to winning and it shows.  I just can't help but appreciate James and Wade for wanting to win(no need to hate).  If they were Celtics we wouldn't be complaining. 

Sections
Shortcuts