I think we have found two point guards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I think we have found two point guards

Crawford and Pressey look pretty good.

And Bradley is much better at the two.

I don't want to ever see Bradley place the point again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: I think we have found two point guards

Yep that works for me and I like Crawford better at the two, not that we have a good 2.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Mark my words, when the real games start, teams will take pressey right down and post him up.  Rondo would do the same thing if he were the opposing PG.  We won't be able to keep him on the floor unless it's against aaron brooks, collison, etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I find it amusing that people think Pressey is too small to play PG in the NBA, but Derrick Rose, Tiny Archibald, Allen Iverson, John Stockton and Chris Paul are supposedly big enough? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I find it amusing that people think Pressey is too small to play PG in the NBA, but Derrick Rose, Tiny Archibald, Allen Iverson, John Stockton and Chris Paul are supposedly big enough? 

Wozzy, did you sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If we had better shot blockers behind him we might get away with it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If he had their talent, we would put up with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

So what if he gets posted up. Very few PG's are good posting up and most teams are freezing out better scorers by trying to exploit Pressey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I find it amusing that people think Pressey is too small to play PG in the NBA, but Derrick Rose, Tiny Archibald, Allen Iverson, John Stockton and Chris Paul are supposedly big enough? "

Derrick Rose is much bigger and more physical than those others on that list. 

On our team you have to be concerned about point guard size because if Bradley is on the 2, you have a tiny backcourt. 

That said Pressey can definitely play point for us and succeed as a backup, you put Pressey in, take Bradley out and put a bigger 2 guard in and you're in business. 

Crawford IMO is more of a two guard, but he could play some backup point on nights where other passers are on the floor and some more offensive aggressiveness is needed. 

The problem is we only really have Pressey as a true point (besides Rondo) and folks are getting way too excited about how Pressey has played against other team's end of bench stiffs and guys just going through the preseason motions...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"I find it amusing that people think Pressey is too small to play PG in the NBA, but Derrick Rose, Tiny Archibald, Allen Iverson, John Stockton and Chris Paul are supposedly big enough? "

On our team you have to be concerned about point guard size because if Bradley is on the 2, you have a tiny backcourt. 

That said Pressey can definitely play point for us and succeed as a backup, you put Pressey in, take Bradley out and put a bigger 2 guard in and you're in business. 

Crawford IMO is more of a two guard, but he could play some backup point on nights where other passers are on the floor and some more offensive aggressiveness is needed. 

The problem is we only really have Pressey as a true point (besides Rondo) and folks are getting way too excited about how Pressey has played against other team's end of bench stiffs and guys just going through the preseason motions...

The players Pressey has played aren't "going through the motions," in most cases they're fighting for their NBA lives or in the case of vets, trying to get in game shape and not get embarrassed.

Also while I think it's highly possible Bradley will start at off guard, once moves have been made to solidify the roster a much bigger, more physical, dead eye shooter like Babb or Crawford like you and others have suggested will take over at SG.

I know this is projecting far into the future but it's what I envision happening, we may have to wait while Ainge plays the guys he wants to showcase to move in trade but it will happen eventually.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Wow, pressey really blew tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Wow, pressey really blew tonight.

Wow, way to hop on his one bad outing, by the way he didn't shoot well tonight but still managed 4 boards (2 offensive) 5 assists and a steal in twenty minutes of play.

Let's see if you can sustain this hatefest over a full season and if he will continue to miss his shots for more than a single game, considering he's hitting 37% from the floor and 90% of his free throws in preseason play somehow I doubt it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm no melo fan, but the reason that team didn't work was because amare's steriod-ridden back won't hold up anymore.  If amare had been healthy, they would have been pretty good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't hate him.  I would love it if he was good.  I loved his dad...used to watch him battle antione carr when he was at tulsa. But I've been watching him and his bro since they were in the big 12 and I'm sorry...theyre just not nba level players.

If I'm wrong I'll hapilly admit it.  At that size you have to be a great athlete and probably a great shooter too.  Sorry, I just don't see it.  He's a training camp and preseason kind of guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

The players Pressey has played aren't "going through the motions," in most cases they're fighting for their NBA lives or in the case of vets, trying to get in game shape and not get embarrassed.

Also while I think it's highly possible Bradley will start at off guard, once moves have been made to solidify the roster a much bigger, more physical, dead eye shooter like Babb or Crawford like you and others have suggested will take over at SG.

I know this is projecting far into the future but it's what I envision happening, we may have to wait while Ainge plays the guys he wants to showcase to move in trade but it will happen eventually.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Brooks should be the shooting guard.Bradley cannot shoot.One dimensional player.Defense

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Bradley's shot looks ok to me so far.  Remember, when the team defenses really kick in they'll be helping off him even more.  They'll be keying on green and crawford.  They won't want to leave oly or sully. 

Sections
Shortcuts