I was wrong

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

I was wrong

Ainge signed then traded Hump.

A few months ago I said the Celts would get nothing for Hump if the Ainge failed to trade him at the trade deadline.

While it's true the Celts got nothing, the Celts got a 4.3m TPE.

But it's not a guarantee that the Celts will use it.

If the Celts don't use it then Celts get nothing for Hump.

Also, the 2nd round pick the Celts also got from the Wiz is heavily protected that Celts will end up not having it.

But technically the Celts did a sign and trade.

So I was wrong in saying the Celts won't be able to sign and trade Hump.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Re: I was wrong

I don't think you'll Love the "second" thing either.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

You said the C's wouldn't use their last TPE ($10.3MM) and you were wrong about that too.

Why should anyone pay attention to you when it comes to this new one?

And, technically a $4.3MM TPE is something until it isn't, so claiming the C's really got nothing is a half-baked apology or admission of failure at best. But it's no surprise that you honor your bet while expressing denial at the same time since just honoring the bet is something you are incapable of doing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You said the C's wouldn't use their last TPE ($10.3MM) and you were wrong about that too.

And, technically a $4.3MM TPE is something until it isn't, so claiming the C's really got nothing is a half-baked apology or admission of failure at best. But it's no surprise that you honor your bet while expressing denial at the same time since just honoring the bet is something you are incapable of doing.

[/QUOTE]

I never said the Celts will not use their 10.3m TPE.

rame and you attacked me for making that Lin and a 1st rounder for our 10.3m TPE trade proposal.

rame then said I just stole that trade idea from him.

So rame confirmed that I made that Lin and 1st rounder for the 10.3m TPE trade proposal.

That also contradicts what you're saying, that I said the Celts will not use the 10.3m TPE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

rame and I never had an agreement on any apologies.

Our bet was about making a thread and admitting to being wrong.

Like I said, technically I was wrong because it's a sign and trade.

But think about it, if the Celts fail to use the 4.3m TPE, what did the Celts get for Hump? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Good job admitting your wrong it takes a good guy too do that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never said the Celts will not use their 10.3m TPE.

rame and you attacked me for making that Lin and a 1st rounder for our 10.3m TPE trade proposal.

rame then said I just stole that trade idea from him.

So rame confirmed that I made that Lin and 1st rounder for the 10.3m TPE trade proposal.

That also contradicts what you're saying, that I said the Celts will not use the 10.3m TPE.

[/QUOTE]

C'mon!

You were touting your "C's will not go over the cap" and hence won't use the TPE.

Once it was reported that Danny was looking to do something before it expired you chimed in with your Lin proposal to avoid being completely out in left field.

Nice try but you aren't fooling anyone but yourself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

[QUOTE]

C'mon!

You were touting your "C's will not go over the cap" and hence won't use the TPE.

Once it was reported that Danny was looking to do something before it expired you chimed in with your Lin proposal to avoid being completely out in left field.

Nice try but you aren't fooling anyone but yourself.

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, if you're going to make accusations, better show proof.

rame also doesn't like me but he confirmed that I made that Lin and 1st rounder for our 10.3m TPE proposal.

Didn't you also say that it's ridiculous for Ainge to pay Lin's 15m just for a 1st rounder?

That's what you told me before you got banned, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

And the band played on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Nice job to man up and make the thread Fierce. It's appreciated.

You do of course have to fill it with a bunch of useless technicalities phrased in a way that make it appear you will be 'right' and somehow vindicated in the end if the TPE is not used or the 2nd rd pick obtained, you were still wrong at the deadline when it came to the statements you made with absolute certainty about Hump. Like you were wrong about so many things this year.

Thank you for finally admitting to one of them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice job to man up and make the thread Fierce. It's appreciated.

You do of course have to fill it with a bunch of useless technicalities phrased in a way that make it appear you will be 'right' and somehow vindicated in the end if the TPE is not used or the 2nd rd pick obtained, you were still wrong at the deadline when it came to the statements you made with absolute certainty about Hump. Like you were wrong about so many things this year.

Thank you for finally admitting to one of them.

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I'm not crazy like some of the others here.

I know a lot of us are not happy that the Celts ended up with nothing for Hump.

Hump was one of the best players of the Celts last season.

Unless Ainge can come up with another miracle by acquiring a quality player for that 4.3m TPE, the Celtics ended up getting nothing for Hump.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

Ainge signed then traded Hump.

A few months ago I said the Celts would get nothing for Hump if the Ainge failed to trade him at the trade deadline.

While it's true the Celts got nothing, the Celts got a 4.3m TPE.

But it's not a guarantee that the Celts will use it.

If the Celts don't use it then Celts get nothing for Hump.

Also, the 2nd round pick the Celts also got from the Wiz is heavily protected that Celts will end up not having it.

But technically the Celts did a sign and trade.

So I was wrong in saying the Celts won't be able to sign and trade Hump.

The $10.3M Trade Exception got us Tyler Zeller, Marcus Thornton and a #1 Draft pick

What will this $4.3M Trade Exception bring us ?

Don't tell me Ainge participated in a sign and trade for Hump and doesn't plan on using the exception....

WHAT will they get ? They could get Jordan Crawford back and have a real backup for Rondo

Great size, by the way.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The $10.3M Trade Exception got us Tyler Zeller, Marcus Thornton and a #1 Draft pick

What will this $4.3M Trade Exception bring us ?

Don't tell me Ainge participated in a sign and trade for Hump and doesn't plan on using the exception....

WHAT will they get ? They could get Jordan Crawford back and have a real backup for Rondo

Great size, by the way.....

[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what Fierce will be trying to tell you.

Like he tried to tell us the 10.3m TPE would not be used.

We have 3 point guards and a full roster, so I'll pass on Crawford. But I agree that the TPE has value in obtaining useful players like Crawford, of which there are many in the league making under the MLE. Another thing Fiercy will likely be wrong about.

Sections
Shortcuts