2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: I WILL SAY IT AGAIN...CELTICS NEED A LEGIT 7 FOOTER

In Response to Re: I WILL SAY IT AGAIN...CELTICS NEED A LEGIT 7 FOOTER:
    [QUOTE] There are bigs out there who can contribute on the Celtics today. We don't necessarily need a center to average 15 pts and 12 rebs per game to be successful.  That would be nice but we'd have to disrupt what we have.  We could use a center to come in and battle on the boards and provide some energy on the offensive and defensive ends - ALL WHILE NOT GIVING UP ANY CURRENT PLAYERS.  We currently have too many solid, contributing pieces in place to tinker with them.  We just need some big bodies.   Right now, with the way this team is playing, I don't really want to see anyone moved. Ok, so not Oberto, but some center (or bigs) can be brought in to contribute more than what we'll get from Wilcox and JON.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that right now we should not be breaking up the team's chemistry. A comment on another post was that we only lost to LA twice by a few points in last few minutes when we had leads and it was because we were outrebounded. Same as Game 7 a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, we are not going to get to play LA in the playoffs this year. Yup, we need a Legit 7 footer who rebounds and can put in the rebounds for 15-20 pts and 10+ rebounds but other than Gasol, Bynum, Howard and a couple of others, we ain't gonna get one.
    We are a very good shooting team but unfortunately when we don't hit 50% & lose rebounding by 10+ we usually lose so I DO AGREE THAT A BIGGIE, A BANGER, WHO CAN GET THE REBOUND AND CAN TOSS IT OUT TO GIVE OUR PERIMETER PEOPLE ANOTHER SHOT might get us deep into the playoffs this year. Next year we can go after the scoring 7 footer if available.

The Lakers have a poor starting 5 which does include a great starting 3 and two of the 3 are 7 footers who can either put the rebound in or toss the ball out to their average shooters, other than Kobe, and give them more chances by out rebounding teams. As they say "Even a blind chipmunk can find an acorn occasionally". Teams without the luxury of these twin towers need shoot 50% to be competitive.  Am I  jealous the Lakers have Bynum and Gasol..you bet !!! But the team ain't gonna get by the 1st round and maybe we will if we can get a couple of 6-9, 6-10 strong rebounders...Wilcox was good but, alas, hurt.

I've said this in another post, the Lakers have 3 players, Kobe, Bynum & Gasol who could play on the Celtics team while we have at least 6 players, Rondo, PP, Ray, KG, Bass, Pietrus etc. who could play on the Lakers team but it's their 7 footers who can toss the rebound out, or put it in under the basket, to their mediocre, other than Kobe, shooters for another and another etc. shot attempt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I WILL SAY IT AGAIN...CELTICS NEED A LEGIT 7 FOOTER : Us fans deserve better than just bought out players. I mean we've seen what this team can do. This team is one big man away from being elite.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

i just do not agree that we are only one big away from being an elite team, especially if it means giving up RR or RA. if we can get kaman for a song, that's fine, but you don't trade RR to get him IMO. i think you really have to focus on making smart moves (and maybe making no move right now is the smart move) for next year. this year just ain't gonna happen for us.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I WILL SAY IT AGAIN...CELTICS NEED A LEGIT 7 FOOTER : I still say Kaman.

That 41% shooting percentage sure is impressive.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

we don't even need to clear a roster spot. we've only got 14 right now, right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I WILL SAY IT AGAIN...CELTICS NEED A LEGIT 7 FOOTER : I agree with you that right now we should not be breaking up the team's chemistry. A comment on another post was that we only lost to LA twice by a few points in last few minutes when we had leads and it was because we were outrebounded. Same as Game 7 a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, we are not going to get to play LA in the playoffs this year. Yup, we need a Legit 7 footer who rebounds and can put in the rebounds for 15-20 pts and 10+ rebounds but other than Gasol, Bynum, Howard and a couple of others, we ain't gonna get one. We are a very good shooting team but unfortunately when we don't hit 50% & lose rebounding by 10+ we usually lose so I DO AGREE THAT A BIGGIE, A BANGER, WHO CAN GET THE REBOUND AND CAN TOSS IT OUT TO GIVE OUR PERIMETER PEOPLE ANOTHER SHOT might get us deep into the playoffs this year. Next year we can go after the scoring 7 footer if available. The Lakers have a poor starting 5 which does include a great starting 3 and two of the 3 are 7 footers who can either put the rebound in or toss the ball out to their average shooters, other than Kobe, and give them more chances by out rebounding teams. As they say "Even a blind chipmunk can find an acorn occasionally". Teams without the luxury of these twin towers need shoot 50% to be competitive.  Am I  jealous the Lakers have Bynum and Gasol..you bet !!! But the team ain't gonna get by the 1st round and maybe we will if we can get a couple of 6-9, 6-10 strong rebounders...Wilcox was good but, alas, hurt. I've said this in another post, the Lakers have 3 players, Kobe, Bynum & Gasol who could play on the Celtics team while we have at least 6 players, Rondo, PP, Ray, KG, Bass, Pietrus etc. who could play on the Lakers team but it's their 7 footers who can toss the rebound out, or put it in under the basket, to their mediocre, other than Kobe, shooters for another and another etc. shot attempt.
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Excellent perspective.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]Pete Etan Thomas or Dan Gadzuric or DJ Mbenga or Kyrylo Fesenko All those players are not better than Stiemsma. Otherwise teams would already have signed them. We need an upgrade, not someone who will sit beside JaJuan Johnson hoping for a blowout so that they will be able to play.
    Fierce, Stiemsma doesn't do what the above-mentioned guys have done their entire careers (aggressively bang down low).  You inferring that he's better because the others are not signed means nothing!

I don't think Stiemsma is any better than those guys and the fact that they are not signed now doesn't validate your point.  Using your logic, Luke Walton is better than James Posey.  But I'm sure you know that he's not. 

WAIT, WAIT, Fierce, is Luke Walton (currently on Lakers) better than James Posey (currently unsigned)?

Stiemsma is a capable defensive player but that's it (really only in shot blocking).  He's not an aggressive rebounder and, IMO, he shoots too quickly and always 10 feet from the basket.  He's like a black hole, when the ball gets to him, he quickly puts it up.  I cannot remember him ever having an assist.

He plays with no passion.  Sometimes he looks scared.  I think the Celtics could use a bruiser down low.

We need an upgrade?  Kaman playing center IS NOT an upgrade at the center position over KG.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Too many posters think there is nothing out there.  There is nothing "in-house" either.  I think you're missing the point.  Right now, we have two bigs who's contributions were counted on for this team's success this season that are, in all likelihood, done for the season.  I hope Wilcox eventually gets medical clearance to return but I doubt that.  And we've tired of JON's ailments. The contributions expected from JON and Wilcox were not just in points, rebounds and blocked shots.  One of the most important factors is they would have afforded KG more REST.  At this rate, KG will be DONE by season's end. We need to bring somebody in to take up space/minutes.  Etan Thomas is a 6' 10" rebounder/defender and could provide center relief.  Old Fabricio Oberto, at 37, is 6'10" and a solid defensive big man who would fit in perfectly for the stretch run.  Dan Gadzuric is an athletic 6'11" big who is a defensive shot blocker who runs the floor well.  And, if DJ Mbenga is good enough for LA, he's good enough to be our 3rd center.  At 7', Mbenga could provide valuable minutes at the center position.  I have not even mentioned Kyrylo Fesenko as an option. Bottom line is, we have bigs who can't play, probably won't be able to play and that's not benefitting us (or KG).  How about we go out and sign two bigs to the vet minimum who can actually take the court.  I'll take Thomas or Oberto or Mbenga for the remainder of the season without giving up much (waive Quis and/or JON and/or Wilcox). Let's face it, JON is finished.  He will try to make his annual return after an extended period out and get slapped on the wrist and be ineffective again.  His wrist is finished and so is he.  And I would not even risk playing Wilcox.

Hes in D league, and i think that is what Danny may be thinking if no  trade is done...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I WILL SAY IT AGAIN...CELTICS NEED A LEGIT 7 FOOTER : No need to trade Ray or Rondo, keep the Big 3 and Rondo then add Kaman.

Fierce, trade Rondo for Dwight Howard (1-year rental worth it)?

Smile

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Kaman playing center IS NOT an upgrade at the center position over KG.

Ya, but he can give KG some breathing minutes & also play Center & let KG roam at PF(where he'd prefer to be, I think)...sort of like what Bynum & Gasol do !!! It would not hurt to have both in the game at the same time for part of the game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

mandobello, unfortunately you missed the context in which I made that statement.  You are correct that Kaman would give breathing room for KG to play his true position, PF.  But if we had to give up alot to acquire him, would it be worth it considering the current chemistry of the team and how they are really playing together?

Having Wilcox and JON playing gave KG time to play his true position.  If Kaman is too expensive, we still need to go to "Plan B" and bring in a capable BIG to take some of that center burden off KG.

I was simply debating with Fierce that without making any type of disruption in the team's chemistry, we could bring in a big like Etan Thomas, Dan Gadzuric or DJ Mbenga, each of who has the veteran experience and the one thing we need immediately, a big body in the low post.

I'd love it if Kaman comes to Boston for Wilcox, JON and JJJ which is the rumor but I would be reluctant to have a package of Bass, JJJ and JON for instance.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to I WILL SAY IT AGAIN...CELTICS NEED A LEGIT 7 FOOTER:
    [QUOTE]Lakers beat the C's both times this year and the advantage they had was their size. Celtics lack a big man & if they do NOT get one by the 15th, no matter if they win the next 12 games in a row, they lack size & a big body. They have absolutely no chance this year w/out a 7 foot center that can score & rebound!!!
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

Exactly..... that and they have a point guard that does not need to be guarded....as Doc said two years ago after losing the title and having all the media wax poetic about the Lakers length - Doc was quoted as saying "Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us in the playoffs and the finals".....  The Lakers length is generally irrelevant if a point guard needs to be guarded and can make routine jumpers as part of the offense and or get to the free throw line and make that length pay in terms of foul trouble........  I believe legit 7 footers are in aisle 32 at Wal*Mart.........  the Cs are looking at 3 to 5 years of the lottery and hopefully Danny will do the right thing and draft actual legit talent.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]mandobello, unfortunately you missed the context in which I made that statement.  You are correct that Kaman would give breathing room for KG to play his true position, PF.  But if we had to give up alot to acquire him, would it be worth it considering the current chemistry of the team and how they are really playing together? Having Wilcox and JON playing gave KG time to play his true position.  If Kaman is too expensive, we still need to go to "Plan B" and bring in a capable BIG to take some of that center burden off KG. I was simply debating with Fierce that without making any type of disruption in the team's chemistry, we could bring in a big like Etan Thomas, Dan Gadzuric or DJ Mbenga, each of who has the veteran experience and the one thing we need immediately, a big body in the low post. I'd love it if Kaman comes to Boston for Wilcox, JON and JJJ which is the rumor but I would be reluctant to have a package of Bass, JJJ and JON for instance.

I agree wholeheartedly not to give up any of the Big 3 or Rondo for Kaman. Did you read my previous post in this Discussion about I also agree not to break up the chemistry of this team right now as we've won 8 out of 10 and I need not tell you it could have been 9 had we beaten the Lakers.

I liked Wilcox---too short I know but a real Banger and reminded me of Powe but yup he's no use to us hurt so definitely get rid of JON & maybe 2 of the following,Daniels, Dooling, Pavlovic or Moore and if really needed to do the deal, give a 2nd but preferably 3rd round pick.

I live in SF so will be off in less than an hour to see us play GS without Monta Ellis whom, I know he's not what we need right now, but I like that he can put up 20-25 pts on many nights with the best of them and I would have liked him in Green. We should win tonight but GS did dominate the Kings last night and our old friend Nate Robinson played terrific and I'm happy for him. Hope he does not do so tonight, however !!! I still fondly remember the photo of him jumping on BIG BABY'S back in game 4 or 5 vs Lakers 2 years ago & he was called Donkey and Davis, Shrek !!!