I wish KG had played against Maurice Lucas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

Re: I wish KG had played against Maurice Lucas

In Response to Re: I wish KG had played against Maurice Lucas:
    In Response to Re: I wish KG had played against Maurice Lucas : No, its the fact that KG tries to act like he's a tough guy, but has NEVER shown anything to back it up. He bullies usually smaller or inferior players. Anthony Peeler was ready to knock him out a few years ago, and KG raised his hands up and backed away. He's a little girl that acts tough behind the safety of the basketball court. Real tough guys don't have to try to show people that they are tough. I can guarantee you Lucas would have never paraded around like Garnett does instigating people.
    Posted by CVD2312

He doesn't need to be tough, to win a knife fight, know how to shoot a 9mm OR give a Columbian neck tie.

The fact that he can get in another player's head is a bonus. THat fact that he bothers you so much that you come here and gripe makes it ever better.

So sorry, so sad.

HE is not the first to use psych warfare in the game, and he doesn't have to back it up b/c we are not here to see him go 15 rounds with Charlie TwitterBaby Villanova.

MAn up Cleveland Boy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Re: I wish KG had played against Maurice Lucas : He doesn't need to be tough, to win a knife fight, know how to shoot a 9mm OR give a Columbian neck tie. The fact that he can get in another player's head is a bonus. THat fact that he bothers you so much that you come here and gripe makes it ever better. So sorry, so sad. HE is not the first to use psych warfare in the game, and he doesn't have to back it up b/c we are not here to see him go 15 rounds with Charlie TwitterBaby Villanova. MAn up Cleveland Boy.
    Posted by Schleprechaun

YO DUDE...I WAS IN "ARABIA" WHEN ITALY & FRANCE PLAYED

IN THE WORLD CUP...THE "MAFIA" DUDE GOT INTO THE

"HEAD" OF THE "PERFUME" DUDE , AND "FRENCHY" WENT BALISTIC

AND "NEAD-BUTTED" THE GOD-FATHER'S-SON....

"FRENCHY" GOT CARDED AND THROWN OUT OF THE GAME...

ITALY TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE SHORT HANDED "PERFUMED-DUDES"

AND WON THE ..."WORLD-CUP"... THE  PAPERS REPORTED   THE "MAFIA"

DUDE TOLD "ZIDANE" HE LAID PIPE TO  HIS  SISTER..."ALL NIGHT LONG"

( GOOGLE & VIEW : "ZIDANE HEADBUTT" )

SADLY , PRIOR TO WORLD CUP , ZIDANE HAD ANNOUNCED

HIS IMPENDING RETIREMENT...HIS FINAL "PERFORMANCE" WILL

LIVE IN WORLD CUP..."I-M-F-A-M-Y"...&...NATIONAL DISCRACE...

A-L-L...I-S....F-A-I-R...I-N...L-U-V...AND....W-A-R.........Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: I wish KG had played against Maurice Lucas :  I don't think it is less physical today than it was then. Perkins physicallity is superb and would fit in then and now. Do you think Doc and Ainge would play Perk if he wasn't tough? Posted by gtown07

i don't think it is necessarily less physical today.  but there is more baseless trash talking.  i'm more of a fan of artful trash talking, not just flapping your yapper so hard you're cracking your teeth and the kids' ears in the first row light on fire because of all of the obsenities.

w/ regard to perkins.  he is tough.  however, his tired old grimace act plus the constant beoching to the refs undermines his toughness in my mind.  the guy is big and strong and that's all he has going for him so just go out there and mash people and shut up already. 

i can't remember a ONE of who i consider to be the toughest guys ever in the game who felt they always had to scowl to convey their toughness.  but perk does.  it's just dam tiring to watch after a while.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

Perkins wears a perpetual scowl but I think that's just the way he looks.  I can't ever recall seeing him smile--ever.

As for trash talking, I agree that it can be artfully done.  Dennis Rodman said that the first time he played Bird, Bird comes down the court yelling, "Who's guardin' me. Who's guardin' me" as he drained a jumper in his face.

Bird continued this, yelling out, 'How come no one's guardin' me" as he continued to abuse Rodman.  At one point, Bird scores and then turns to the Detroit bench and says, "Y'all better put someone on me or I'm gonna have me a field day."

Bird was the master of trash.  One time in Portland, he decides to shoot with his left hand only, yelling out, "Left hand.  Left hand" each time he shot.  When asked agter the game what was with all the left handed shots, Bird replied, "I'm saving my right hand for the Lakers."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If you look carefully you can see one Joe "Jelly Bean" Bryant, papa to none other than Kobe on the Sixers' bench. 
    Posted by paulliu

Kome was probably planning his attack on Denver later on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

That would have been hard to do since Kobe wasn't even gestating then.  But if anyone could do it I guess Kobe can.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: I wish KG had played against Maurice Lucas : i don't think it is necessarily less physical today.  but there is more baseless trash talking.  i'm more of a fan of artful trash talking, not just flapping your yapper so hard you're cracking your teeth and the kids' ears in the first row light on fire because of all of the obsenities. w/ regard to perkins.  he is tough.  however, his tired old grimace act plus the constant beoching to the refs undermines his toughness in my mind.  the guy is big and strong and that's all he has going for him so just go out there and mash people and shut up already.  i can't remember a ONE of who i consider to be the toughest guys ever in the game who felt they always had to scowl to convey their toughness.  but perk does.  it's just dam tiring to watch after a while.
    Posted by aciemvp

You are kidding yourself. Bird was the king of trash talking and so was Jordan. There is no reason to think it is different today. Heinsohn talks about it. Red would bench a player who shook an opposing team players hand. If anything it was more warlike and less civil than these modern crybaby players like Villavueva  have it. Isn't Villanueva's tweet proof of that? What self respecting player a generation ago would go public with that. Villanueva is a product of the PC generation where players cry about everything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Obviously KG became a Celtic and most of us then became big fans.  Over the last four seasons has there been a better teammate.  Who defines  this Celtic team better than Garnett.  Doc often talks of him with reverence like he is a coach on the team.  Larry Bird was the same way. Trash talking is part of the game.  If Villanueva ever played with him he would feel the same way about him as KG's teammates are his family. Kobe on the other hand is hated by all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

KG, no better teammate; no worse opponent.

Those fans of other teams who come here and trash KG would love to see him on their team.

Sections
Shortcuts