I wish we hadn't made the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I wish we hadn't made the playoffs

We have some nice pieces and the lottery would have suited me fine.  It's all about next year at this point.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Re: I wish we hadn't made the playoffs

I think they could match up better against Miami, but Miami sweeps them this time because they are just that good.  Hate to do the hyperbole, but LeBron is the best basketball player I have ever seen.  I never saw Elgin Baylor or Oscar Robertson, but I saw all of Bird, Magic, Michael and LeBron is the best all around.  Wade is another great all around player and Bosh just kills us with versatility.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to shines01's comment:

We have some nice pieces and the lottery would have suited me fine.  It's all about next year at this point.

The Celts should also have been in the lottery last season. 

Think about it, the only reason why the Celts reached Game 7 of the east finals was because of the injuries to Rose and Bosh.

However, this season's Celts are better compared to the Celts of last season that had no Jeff Green, Sully, and Terry. 

The only reason the Heat reached the Finals last year was because of Bradley's injury and Green's surgery.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I agree Ken, they were vulnerable to the Celts...we came pretty close to ending their streak this year too.  We matchup well against them.  It's always a war.  There is a personal carry over from Pierce-LeBron from his Cleveland days I think also.  I was at a game where Pierce dropped 44 and Lebron had 53 if I remember correctly.  I think we can get them with a healthy Rondo, Green, Bradley, Garnett, Pierce and bench firing on all cylinders and running and, of course, playing that crazy defense.  This isn't the year thought.  Too bad we are gonna miss the lottery to get crushed in the first round.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Ooopsie

Nah, I think it was regular season....

BTW, I have been smoking too much crack again.  I just checked the conference standings and I guess we aren't Milwaukee.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

In response to KenDNP's comment:

The Celts should also have been in the lottery last season. 

Think about it, the only reason why the Celts reached Game 7 of the east finals was because of the injuries to Rose and Bosh.

However, this season's Celts are better compared to the Celts of last season that had no Jeff Green, Sully, and Terry. 

The only reason the Heat reached the Finals last year was because of Bradley's injury and Green's surgery.

Seriously, Green was injured even before the season began. When the season started, we already knew uncle Jeff was not going to be a part of the 2011-12 Celtics.

The Heat advanced to the Finals because they deserved it. They played for 4 games without Bosh. At one point, Lebron was defending KG. And in that 7-game series between the Celts and the Heat, the Celts only outrebounded the Heat once, in Game 3.

Seriously? You started this what-ifs, should-haves. Get a grip on your thoughts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I couldn't bear to watch last night.  A Boston-Detroit game is a rock fight not a basketball game.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd much rather see the C's go down fighting in these playoffs and have pick 16-18 than have pick 12-14 in the lotto.

The only way I'd wish we hadn't made the playoffs was if we moved KG for Jordan and Bledsoe and maybe even Pierce as well and truly been rebuilding

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

Seriously? You started this what-ifs, should-haves. Get a grip on your thoughts.

I only said the Celts of this season are better than the Celts of last season. 

What "what ifs" are you talking about?

The Celtics reaching game 7 due to Bosh injury that you talked about. If you want to play that card, be ready to take a look at the other side of the fence. The injuries to Boston players.

It's pathetic if one will only consider the injuries to one team and will ignore the injuries of the other team.

Miami Heat won the series against Boston in 2012. They deserved it. That should have been the story.

But by your injection that the Celtics shouldn't have reached Game 7 of that series due to Bsoh injury opened up that whole "what-ifs, should-have" scenario. And if you're not ready to consider the injuries of the Celtics players at that time, then you need to take a grip on your thoughts and reasoning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

I think they could match up better against Miami, but Miami sweeps them this time because they are just that good.  Hate to do the hyperbole, but LeBron is the best basketball player I have ever seen.  I never saw Elgin Baylor or Oscar Robertson, but I saw all of Bird, Magic, Michael and LeBron is the best all around.  Wade is another great all around player and Bosh just kills us with versatility.

I saw all the players you named plu Bii Russell.in my opinion the best player ever.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

I only said the Celts of this season are better than the Celts of last season. 

What "what ifs" are you talking about?

The Celtics reaching game 7 due to Bosh injury that you talked about. If you want to play that card, be ready to take a look at the other side of the fence. The injuries to Boston players.

It's pathetic if one will only consider the injuries to one team and will ignore the injuries of the other team.

Miami Heat won the series against Boston in 2012. They deserved it. That should have been the story.

But by your injection that the Celtics shouldn't have reached Game 7 of that series due to Bsoh injury opened up that whole "what-ifs, should-have" scenario. And if you're not ready to consider the injuries of the Celtics players at that time, then you need to take a grip on your thoughts and reasoning.

+ 1.

And those 3 balls of Bosh in Game 7 shouldn't have gone in. Another what-if, should-have scenario which are totally pointless to bring up now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I'd much rather see the C's go down fighting in these playoffs and have pick 16-18 than have pick 12-14 in the lotto.

The only way I'd wish we hadn't made the playoffs was if we moved KG for Jordan and Bledsoe and maybe even Pierce as well and truly been rebuilding

Told you last November the Celts are rebuilding and trying to win at the same time.

You might be right.  I still believe that most Celtics fans enjoy watching and attending playoff games.   If KG had been traded and had a chance of winning another championship I think most of us would be happy for him.  In order to get a high draft pick we would have to be 12th - 15th seed.  The Celtics would lose a lot of fans is this happened.  Although, I have been following them and attending games for many years even when they had terrible teams. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Drafting in the lottery was not going to happen, with the emergence of Green and the Celtics depth this year. If we had gotten another big of consequence this year we would have really had a chance even with the Rondo injury that what kills me.  Your point that we are talking about a pick from 12 to 16 shows how doing what the Celtics have done was the only way to proceed.

Green, Lee, Bradley, Crawford, will all get a valuable experience in the playoffs no matter what happens.

With Rondo back, Green a player to build on or trade, Sullinger returning, Bradley, Lee, all we need is a big man. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Drafting in the lottery was not going to happen, with the emergence of Green and the Celtics depth this year. If we had gotten another big of consequence this year we would have really had a chance even with the Rondo injury that what kills me.  Your point that we are talking about a pick from 12 to 16 shows how doing what the Celtics have done was the only way to proceed.

Green, Lee, Bradley, Crawford, will all get a valuable experience in the playoffs no matter what happens.

With Rondo back, Green a player to build on or trade, Sullinger returning, Bradley, Lee, all we need is a big man. 

Agreed.   I will never wish to miss the playoffs.  Thats the first step.  Thats how you make history.  If your not in the playoffs you can't do great things.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

A.  We are not a lucky team in terms of lottery numbers.  (Tim Duncdan anyone?  Kevin Durant?)

B.  This is a weak draft with no surefire game changer even among lottery picks.

C.  Just as soon shoot craps in the cheaper salary bracket (which Danny is good at) than overpay someone just because he's a high lottery pick. 

I think we're doing just fine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I agree about LeBron and feel he is the best since MJ. Unfortunately, hating the Lakers, I feel Kobe is the 2nd best to MJ.

But to the playoffs, I agree about LeBron, Wade & Bosh too killing us but also this year they have Ray Allen. We do have Bradley & Terry---too bad Sully went down as he could have defended Bosh and picked up some rebounds and scored too. But I think we'll give the Heat a battle, hopefully getting to play them in the 1st or last round !!!