I would like someone to explain to me how the Lakers fighting for there playoffs lives is heroic?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: I would like someone to explain to me how the Lakers fighting for there playoffs lives is heroic?

It's not heroic.  It's funny.  Nothing against the team, but stick it to thier fans, who will all don Chris Paul shirts in two years after koME retires!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Re: I would like someone to explain to me how the Lakers fighting for there playoffs lives is heroic?

What Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant are doing is heroic because they are or were currently playing outstanding basketball despite the fact that other stars appear to be to old.  Steve Nash, Metta World Peace, Pau Gasol and Antawn Jamison are not producing like they did in the past.  So really, part of the team is playing heroic.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to cavaliersfan's comment:

What Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant are doing is heroic because they are or were currently playing outstanding basketball despite the fact that other stars appear to be to old.  Steve Nash, Metta World Peace, Pau Gasol and Antawn Jamison are not producing like they did in the past.  So really, part of the team is playing heroic.

Dwight and Kobe were at some point in time were considered the best at their position. So Dwight and Kobe are just being Dwight and Kobe, it's expected that they should be playing outstanding basketball.

But we're talking about the Lakers in general here. By Laker standards, just battling for the 8th seed is already an epic fail. 

The Lakers are not the Bucks. Just making the playoffs is not what every Laker fan dream of. I mean Laker fans expect the Lakers to win a championship every season because they have Kobe.

I hear what you are saying.  Expectations for the Lakers are high.  But for a while this season looked like they were going to do a royal flush, right down the toilet.  Now it looks like Laker fans may be thinking: 'If we can get into the Playoffs, then anything can happen from there'.  I think realistically, the Lakers don't have much of a chance at the Championship.  Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so.  .......... Isn't that phrase in the theme song for the TV show: Monk? 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Dwight and Kobe were at some point in time were considered the best at their position. So Dwight and Kobe are just being Dwight and Kobe, it's expected that they should be playing outstanding basketball.

But we're talking about the Lakers in general here. By Laker standards, just battling for the 8th seed is already an epic fail. 

The Lakers are not the Bucks. Just making the playoffs is not what every Laker fan dream of. I mean Laker fans expect the Lakers to win a championship every season because they have Kobe.

I hear what you are saying.  Expectations for the Lakers are high.  But for a while this season looked like they were going to do a royal flush, right down the toilet.  Now it looks like Laker fans may be thinking: 'If we can get into the Playoffs, then anything can happen from there'.  I think realistically, the Lakers don't have much of a chance at the Championship.  Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so.  .......... Isn't that phrase in the theme song for the TV show: Monk? 

Agree with you, the Lakers have ZERO chance of making it to the Finals.

100 % chance of losing out in the first round, that't if they don't choke it away to Utah.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It't just creepy little Tommy.

Nothing to get worked up about.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

And please quit using words like heroric to describe pro athletes. That word and words like it should only be used for describing Police, Fireman, Solders, etc... Most athletes are spoiled rich punks, and the ones that are not are normal people like everyone else, not heros.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

LOL!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Ha Ha - the admitted liar has a new target for his BS!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

In response to coolfamily66's comment:

And please quit using words like heroric to describe pro athletes. That word and words like it should only be used for describing Police, Fireman, Solders, etc... Most athletes are spoiled rich punks, and the ones that are not are normal people like everyone else, not heros.

Do you realize that it was DoltFury13 who keeps using the term Hero's for basketball players?

Boston did nothing heroic on monday night.

And neither did the Fakers, my troll friend!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

This is probably a pet peeve, but here goes:

The word "heroic" very rarely applies to sports. Jackie Robinson was heroic. Honestly, that's the only one I can think of right now.

Let's reserve "heroic" for soldiers, cops, paramedics, etc.

I'll  get off my high horse now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

The word "heroic" very rarely applies to sports. Jackie Robinson was heroic. Honestly, that's the only one I can think of right now.

I don't even have heros that are soldiers or cops, I can go with the fireman/paramedic thing.

I agree that sports figures aren't heros. Not at all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

It's not heroic.  It's funny.  Nothing against the team, but stick it to thier fans, who will all don Chris Paul shirts in two years after koME retires!

Los Angeles fans as whole may be more fickle, but I would definitely say the Lakers' fanbase has stayed pretty consistent over the years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Jackie Robinson was a hero. There might be a few others but your point is right on.

25. This post has been removed.