I WOULD RATHER HAVE BYNUM THAN HOWARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

I WOULD RATHER HAVE BYNUM THAN HOWARD

howard is a stats powerhouse, bynum is a winner's superstar. bynum is the modern day timmy duncan, you win rings with him. great passer, unselfish, great defenser and hits his free throws. he does all the little things well. he really doesnt need much around him like olajuwon to make his team a consistent winner. minus kobe and pau, you still could win rings with a bynum. like with a shaq, a DH needs like 3 or 4 legit supar stars and a superstar coach to be as good. he's more dominant but a bynum is a BETTER player with a still better upside. shaq was a far better player than DH due to his passing and consistent go-to clutch moves. given a choice, i SERIOUSLY would pick bynum and not howard... period! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: I WOULD RATHER HAVE BYNUM THAN HOWARD

are you out of your freakin mind...? ....usually I relate to your posts but sorry, not this time....Howard comes to play every night...Bynum is immature, inconsistent, and an injury waiting to happen....lots of talent yes, but Howard dominates him and Bynum isn't as physical when he plays other physical centers....Perk more than held his own against Bynum and often was an equalizer....if what you say about Bynum is an accepted stance throughout the league then why haven't the Magic offered Howard in a deal already...?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

As a follow up.....Howard (age 26) vs Bynun (age 24)

this year:

Howard 19.5 PPG
                15.6 RPG
                  2.1 BPG

Bynum   16.1 PPG
                 12.7 RPG
                   1.9 BPG

career:

Howard  18.2 PPG
                 12.9 RPG
                   2.2 BPG

Bynum   10.7 PPG
                   7.4 RPG
                   1.6 BPG

and, as I said, DH dominates Bynum more often that not....in addition consider...

DH 5 time All Star, 3 time Def Player of the year, and 4 time Top 5 in MVP voting

Bynum....none, none, and none

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: I WOULD RATHER HAVE BYNUM THAN HOWARD:
    [QUOTE]are you out of your freakin mind...? ....usually I relate to your posts but sorry, not this time....Howard comes to play every night...Bynum is immature, inconsistent, and an injury waiting to happen....lots of talent yes, but Howard dominates him and Bynum isn't as physical when he plays other physical centers....Perk more than held his own against Bynum and often was an equalizer....if what you say about Bynum is an accepted stance throughout the league then why haven't the Magic offered Howard in a deal already...?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]LOOK BYNUM IS A MODERN day robert parish. yep DH is a sexier option but i would take the steady guy who could be a part. we still have raya nd pp to close. DH demands superstar plays but unlike shaq doesnt seem to grasp his clear limitations and how others perceive him. i think if we go more to bynum, he would be better. clearly as long as kome is around it wont work that way. this is a clear perception over reality issue with the overrated howard. he's an a+ rebounder in the mode of rodman and is a a+ blocker in the mode of jordan. did mutombo get max dealS? i would take a in-his-prime dikembe over howard as well. dh cant pass and cant hit free thrws and lacks basic basketball fundamentals and IQ! 

BTW, chris webber and shaq have both agreed with me. i think these guys have a clue what they are talking about. talking winning here not playground ball. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I WOULD RATHER HAVE BYNUM THAN HOWARD : LOOK BYNUM IS A MODERN day robert parish. eop DH is a sexier option but i would take the steady guy who could be a part. we still have raya nd pp to close. DH demands superstar plays but unlike shaq doesnt seem to grasp his clear limitations and how others perceive him. i think if we go more to bynum, he would be better. clearly as long as kome is around it wont work that way. this is a clear perception over reality issue with the overrated howard. he's a= rebounder in the mode of rodman and is a a+ blocker in the mode of jordan. did mutombo get max dealS? i would take a in-his-prime dikembe over howard as well. dh cant pass and cant hit free thrws and lacks basic basketball fundamentals and IQ!  BTW, chris webber and shaq have both agreed with me. i think these guys have a clue what they are talking about. talking winning here not playground ball. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I was actually thinking the same recently about DH. Everybody wants him, but is he really the best big man option for the C's. The thing that concerns me about him moreso than anything is his poor passing ability and lack of a post game. Perk and JO have similar limitations, but they dont demand that the offense go through them. DH would not be content if he were not always the center of attention. The short stretch that Shaq was healthy early last year was the best I have ever seen the C's offense flow. Primarily because Shaq drew attention in the post and was willing to pass. Even though DH is everybodies preference and I too think the C's should attempt to acquirte him. I think Bynum, Gasol, and Cousins provide more of what the C's need as a team based on their current schemes. Other players that could potentially be as good or better on the Cs as DH are Javelle Mcghee and Tyson Chandler. Primarily because they dont have Howards ego

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Howard's head is bigger than his biceps...but I would take him in a NY minute...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If i knew Bynum would be injury free, i would probably take him over DH, Howard wants the ball, but is not that good offensively, plus he will lose the game on the free throw line. If he is the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team, you would have something. I just don't think you can win a ring if he is the best player on the team!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think chandler would be the best fit for the Celtics system...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

No one in their right basketball mind would take Bynum over Howard.  Bynum has never even accomplished over one season what Howard has every year for the last six.  Bynum is injury prone and plays on a team with a lot of support and still is not even close to dominant.  Howard is light years ahead of him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

I'd gladly take either one!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In response to "Re: I WOULD RATHER HAVE BYNUM THAN HOWARD":
    I'd gladly take either one! Posted by docomospur
    I'm with you!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

This is Andrew Bynums first injury free season in a while and i wouldnt count those chickens before they hatch. 

If Dwight Howard comes to Boston, he will not upgrade this team offensively.  Say what!? You heard me, your gonna have to trade so many pieces away to get the guy.. you wont be upgrading in the grand scheme.  HOWEVER.. Howard has the ability to draw other superstars, right now no one wants to come to Boston.  If we had Dwight earlier, CP3 would have been interested, Deron Williams will be interested next year, and so on. 

I take Howard all day long over Bynum, and id trade any piece we have to get him for that fact alone.  Other stars want to play with the guy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]I think chandler would be the best fit for the Celtics system...
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Chandler average player. Look how much he improved that Knicks defense !!! Dumbest most overpaid signing this offseason. Pay 15 mil for a guy who might get you a  10/10. Ridiculous. He's not even that great at at defense either. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Bynum = injury every year

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]As a follow up.....Howard (age 26) vs Bynun (age 24) this year: Howard 19.5 PPG             15.6 RPG               2.1 BPG Bynum   16.1 PPG              12.7 RPG                1.9 BPG career: Howard  18.2 PPG              12.9 RPG                2.2 BPG Bynum   10.7 PPG                7.4 RPG                1.6 BPG and, as I said, DH dominates Bynum more often that not....in addition consider... DH 5 time All Star, 3 time Def Player of the year, and 4 time Top 5 in MVP voting Bynum....none, none, and none
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

You have to realize that Bynum is the third option on his team  Howard is first on his

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Bynum is a good center and has had his moments...but I cant see even considering him over DH...

Its funny that when NBA TV has a chat seesion with Shaq, Bark..etc about this very topic, someone goes and makes a post about it as if it was their original idea and says Shaq & Weber agree with him..LOL

Yes, Bynum has more offensive skills than DH... but DH still outscores him and dominates in just about every other aspect..plus DH plays every season..is durable... intimidates in the middle, runs the floor etc etc..

I take DH without giving it a second thought

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I'd take a lot of players over Howard, but Bynum is better, imo.

But I'd rather have Roy Hibbert as my big man than Howard.  Hibbert's been overshadowed by Howard in the east for a long time, but the reality is, he's a much better defensive player than Howard.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

This thread is getting sillier by the minute.