I'd be all in for this deal.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I'd be all in for this deal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boston-celtics-consider-trading-rajon-rondo-detroit-pistons-200500213.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: I'd be all in for this deal.

If it were up to me, I'd want to retain Rondo for his entire career, he is THAT GOOD.

However, if this deal did make us bad enough in the short term to snag a big name in the 2014 draft, its a decent option.

Personally, I think we could ask for Monroe, Knight, their 2014 1st round pick for Rondo and either (C. Lee, J. Crawford, or M. Brooks), and a 2015 2nd round pick. I need two picks and two prospects for Rondo. 

Of course, this means we are initiating a 5 year plan with Stevens. In 5 years the entire league will be different.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Tempting.  Monroe is very good.  We'd have a logjam at PF and a gaping hole at point guard, though.  I don't think we could net Monroe, Knight, AND a 2014 first round pick for Rondo and junk.  Tough call.  Also, with Drummond, Smith, and a super motivated Rondo, Detroit might be able to sneak into the 6-8 seed in the playoffs, so their 2014 first round pick may not be so good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

If it were up to me, I'd want to retain Rondo for his entire career, he is THAT GOOD.

However, if this deal did make us bad enough in the short term to snag a big name in the 2014 draft, its a decent option.

Personally, I think we could ask for Monroe, Knight, their 2014 1st round pick for Rondo and either (C. Lee, J. Crawford, or M. Brooks), and a 2015 2nd round pick. I need two picks and two prospects for Rondo. 

Of course, this means we are initiating a 5 year plan with Stevens. In 5 years the entire league will be different.

Rondo is good in the playoffs, but phones it in during the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Detroit doesn't have their 2014 1st Round Draft pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I would snag up Monroe and Knight for rondo in a heatbeat and never look back.

not even the most ardent Rondo supporter REALY thinks he's going to be "all in" to the re-build this team is going through.

a roster something like

C-Monroe

C- Melo

C/PF- Olynyk

PF- Sullinger

PF- Bass

PF- Humphries

PF/SF- Wallace

SF- Green

SF/SG- Bogins

SG- Lee

SG- Brooks

SG- Crawford

SG/PG- Bradley

PG- Knight

PG- Pressey or N. Smith

has some solid YOUNG pieces and almost $20M in expiring contracts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

If the chance to trade Rondo for Monroe materializes I sure hope Ainge gets it done.  I'd be happy with just Monroe.

Seems

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to SeemsToMe's comment:

If the chance to trade Rondo for Monroe materializes I sure hope Ainge gets it done.  I'd be happy with just Monroe.

Seems

I second that!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The trade would have to be Rondo for Monroe and Stuckey or Villanueva for salaries to match.

Monroe and Stuckey.. not bad.. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The trade would have to be Rondo for Monroe and Stuckey or Villanueva for salaries to match.

Sounds perfect to me! Whispers should be starting soon!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

If they can offer Drummond or 2 1st round picks it's no brainer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

ahhhhh

I can't believe how much you guys undervalue Rondo. He is a top 5 PG, a guy who is a franchise changer. Danny is not lying through his teeth when he said Rondo has been our best player for a couple of years now.

Did any of you catch the rookie v. sophmore game? Knight was embarrassed by Irving, just completely destroyed. AB did the same thing when we played him. Maybe he can shoot, but Rondo can do EVERYTHING ELSE much much better.

Don't get me wrong, Monroe is a solid Center, and getting better. 

Like I said before, if we can do Knight, Monroe, Stucky and a Pick for Rondo and Lee, you'd have to consider it. Otherwise, no deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Quote me on this.

Rondo is 27. I guarentee you this kid gets two more rings in his career. He is just entering his prime which will last for at least 6 years. I'd be surprised if he does not get at least 1 more ring, but I bet you he gets two. That is how good Rondo is.

On a seperate note, if Danny does sell on Rondo, I can't help but see a Rondo, Kobe, Lebron big 3 in 2015 in Lalaland

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Quote me on this.

Rondo is 27. I guarentee you this kid gets two more rings in his career. He is just entering his prime which will last for at least 6 years. I'd be surprised if he does not get at least 1 more ring, but I bet you he gets two. That is how good Rondo is.

On a seperate note, if Danny does sell on Rondo, I can't help but see a Rondo, Kobe, Lebron big 3 in 2015 in Lalaland

R9R, OK, YOU'RE RIGHT! We all know how amazingly gifted and talented Rajon Rondo is. Though he needs to work on his FT shooting and continue to improve on his long range shooting and solidify his committment to playing defense ALL OF THE TIME, I don't really think that his level of talent and ability is the issue for anyone here. You seem to just ignore the mental and psychological issues that he displays regularly. You can't do that. No matter how good a player is, if they have such issues, they can be dangeoursly destructive to chemistry and success. Now, if we keep him, I want him to succeed. But, I just don't think it would be smart. Nothing against you or your opinion, man, but his value is in question FIRST because of his intangible issues, SECOND because of his ACL. DA cannot get what YOU think RR is worth right now, or maybe ever. It is what it is. Again, if Danny keeps him, I want RR to make me shut my mouth after I say how wrong I was all this time. I just don't want to see the Celtics take the chance of experiencing the damage that he could do to this team of new guys. I happen to think that he did some internal damage already duirng the last few years even with our Big-3. Please know it has nothing to do with his physical talents................We all know he is a great player. P.S. Your Big 3 prediction for LA with Rondo is absolutely an aweful big 3. Seriously, it would never happen.....just my opinion, but yuck! One last thing.....When you "guarantee" that RR will get at least two more rings in his carreer, you lose credbility amongst all posters here. We are all just men. We cannot "GUARANTEE" what any other man will do, especially if we don't have any influence over him. Saying "I guarantee you" is not like you saying "I think", it tells us all that you are saying something that you don't really understand. Just lookin' out! Peace!........OH one last thing.....When you put something in writing, there is no need to say, "Quote me on this" as once its in writing, you've already quoted yourself. Again, I'm just lookin' out my man........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Why Monroe if we can have Drummond a very promising center....Rondo, Lee, and Wallace  for Drummond, Villanueva (Expiring contract), future 1st round picks and Knight also can add some other players to match the salaries. Monroe is a power forward, Celtics have lots of players for that position and it will hinder the developments of Sullinger. After this season Villanueva and Humpries will be off the payrol of the Celtics, while Wallace will help the Pistons in their small forward position and can be a main reliever for Smith, Rondo will be happy playing with his pal. Rondo talent is rare but with the celtics in a rebuilding process he will be in his 30's before Celtics will be considered a contender except if Danny can do a 2007 magic again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think the writer got it wrong.

Detroit will hang on to Monroe and trade Drummond, who Smith replaces at PF.

Drummond and Knight for Rondo, Bogans and two second rounders.  We get two starters out of that deal.  Love to see Drummond and Olynyk on the floor together switching at C / PF.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/DET.html

they show detriot about $20M UNDER the salary cap BEFORE Josh Smiths deal ($14M?).

did detriot have another signing to account for?

if not , they could take on Rondo's Near $12M salary and only have to send back about $6M, right?

Monroe and Knight are shown as about $6.8M

I aint a cap expert for sure, so maybe I am wrong about detriot beng able to make those kinds of deals fro some reason.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I don't really think that his level of talent and ability is the issue for anyone here. You seem to just ignore the mental and psychological issues that he displays regularly. You can't do that. No matter how good a player is, if they have such issues, they can be dangeoursly destructive to chemistry and success.

You talk as if he's Ron Artest. That's hardly the case. He's passionate dude. Sometimes to a detriment (not "regularly"). That's all. He's a fighter, and not a passivist. I think you're being extreme.

I'll say this again. Rondo is a perenial allstar and potential MVP candidate. I'ld want either that type of potential in return, or draft picks. Monroe is none of the above. I don't like it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't really think that his level of talent and ability is the issue for anyone here. You seem to just ignore the mental and psychological issues that he displays regularly. You can't do that. No matter how good a player is, if they have such issues, they can be dangeoursly destructive to chemistry and success.

You talk as if he's Ron Artest. That's hardly the case. He's passionate dude. Sometimes to a detriment (not "regularly"). That's all. He's a fighter, and not a passivist. I think you're being extreme.

I'll say this again. Rondo is a perenial allstar and potential MVP candidate. I'ld want either that type of potential in return, or draft picks. Monroe is none of the above. I don't like it.

[/QUOTE]

Its amazing how big of a divide there is in this city regarding Rondo.

And to say that both opinions are equal is wrong. Thats false equivalency

As you say, Rondo is not Artest. He is not locker room cacner. His teammates love him. Doc has not said one bad thing about him. Seriously, the worst thing Rondo has ever done is stand up for KG being pushed (fighting Humpty) and intimidating refs with a stare when their incompetency was losing us the game. Who the freak cares? Seriously? If they players like him, if he is a superstar on the court, if he's not out shooting people off the court and if he is fully engaged and not apathetic, then who the freak cares if he "bumps a ref" or some BS like that.

Rondo is a superstar and I think all the hate is somehow, weirdly, borderline racist.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don'see how it's racist, given that all the players posters have coveted have been of the same race as rondo, more or less.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

I don'see how it's racist, given that all the players posters have coveted have been of the same race as rondo, more or less.

the question i have is, 

say the roles were reversed that night against the Nets. Say it was Rondo that got fouled hard by Humphries and KG came over and got in his face, shoved him. I have a hard time believing the criticism would be the same. I think that the move would be praised as a passionate guy sticking up for his teammate, all love. Yet for Rondo it was the selfish, dumb kid unable to control his emotions. Thats the part that really bothers me, its a double standard. KG elbowed Richardson in the 2010 playoffs and really didnt receive much backlash at all on here. What gives?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

if Detroit is really going for broke and trying to win now, then they would be wise to do whatever they can to obtain a superstar PG like Rondo. While Monroe and Drummond are talented young big men, they aren't as valuable as a PG like Rondo who makes the whole team go and is a floor general. If i'm DA i want salary cap relief (Villanueva/Stuckey), a future #1 pick (rather than Knight), and Drummond or Monroe. Detroit could take their pick of anyone on the roster aside from Olynyk, Sully, Green, Bradley, and Brooks.

Sections
Shortcuts