Ideal Draft Picks #s1 & 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Ideal Draft Picks #s1 & 2

Where are we the strongest now...at the Forward Position with Oly, Sully & Hump( would love to keep him). Any of these can play C when needed but keep Faverani as a C too. Yup, I know there are 4-5 Forwards to be available in the draft and instead of determining who is best for us or taking who remains, I say to draft Embiid 1st, if available, as we've needed a Center since Perkins left. There is much controversy about the G position, do we keep Rondo, our star, and, if so, who else, A. Bradley, Pressey or Bayless. I say to keep Rondo and A.Bradley, not a prolific scorer but for his defense, and Johnson too who can play F or G.

Based on his performance this year, this tournament & tonight especially, draft Napier who although he won't be a strong rebounder at 6'1", he can assist as well as Rondo, I think, but will be a closer able to take the open shots and be dependable. Nice that he's a local boy too.

However, if we don't get Embiid, we need draft a forward and then with a few of the 10 picks coming up and a selection of 3 of the 5, Pressey, Bayless , Wallace, Bass & Green, get Omer Asik or Gortat for C.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Re: Ideal Draft Picks #s1 & 2

Draft Express has Napier ranked as the 9th best point guard. I would not be taking him with a top 20 pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Randle looks like easily the best player in this draft.  He will drive defenses nuts in the open court pro game. He is also showing fine quickness on defense.  I have not seen Exum, but I am guessing Danny will take the one guy, Randle, who is a near  gauranteed star---position be damned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Draft Express has Napier ranked as the 9th best point guard. I would not be taking him with a top 20 pick.

[/QUOTE]

Kid is better than Trey Burke who went top 15 last season. He's not falling out of top 20

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Depends on what happens on draft night.

I'm thinking the Celts will trade Rondo on draft night.

If that happens, the Celts should draft Napier.

[/QUOTE]

He's 23 in July.  Projected mid-2nd round.

You want to use our mid-teens(Brooklyn) pick on him? 

We don't have a 2nd round pick this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Napier scares me at the NBA level.Randle surprised me, as people have been dissing him lately.  But strong as he looked, he didn't take over when Kentucky needed it. Perhaps he was hurt or had cramps, but dont these guys hydrate for games?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 Agree.

Rondo will be a Laker. LOVE Rondo...but he's a great chip and we're not ready to contend next season. And he's not a great fit in a rebuilding team PLUS the drama about contract offers, "will he walk"...we can do without that. We can get some real talent for him, we can continue to rebuild solidy. ETC ETC ETC.

BUT, I still like Gary Harris...Still like Marcus Smart.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

[QUOTE]

Julius Randle is very good, true!

But his height and body type is just similar to Leon Powe.

Randle will not dominate in the NBA as a starting PF.

He's just too small and he has short arms too.

[/QUOTE]

I know I am position-challenged, but I think Randle could play 3 on D.  Did you see how quick he was to loose balls last night?  I also think he looks a little like Antoine when he is dribble driving.  Wonder what Employee8 thinks about that comparison.   Kelly and Sully are nice outside shooters so dealing with Randle being limited to 18 feet early in his career may not be that painful.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

If Randle can be Leon Powe, w/o the injuries, I'd be happy.

95% of my college bball was during the tourney, but I have seen the top five prospects play a few times and Randle has won me over, Wiggins seems a lot like JG,Parker looks decent,West is meh, Napier looks good and Embid would be my first choice.Randle does seem the most NBA ready physically.

It all depends where we draft after the lottery. If we luck out and have a top 3 or drop to 10 will make all the difference this off season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Embiid, Parker, wiggins or Exum with first pick. Nik Stauskas or Andrew Harrison with second pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kevin Willis like arms from the '80s.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamar. Show hedleylamar's posts

In response to johconn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 Agree.

Rondo will be a Laker. LOVE Rondo...but he's a great chip and we're not ready to contend next season. And he's not a great fit in a rebuilding team PLUS the drama about contract offers, "will he walk"...we can do without that. We can get some real talent for him, we can continue to rebuild solidy. ETC ETC ETC.

BUT, I still like Gary Harris...Still like Marcus Smart.

[/QUOTE]

I really like Marcus Smart. Dude has the heart of a lion. He will be a superstar due to his excellent work ethic without a doubt.

Stay chill!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Embiid, Parker, wiggins or Exum with first pick. Nik Stauskas or Andrew Harrison with second pick.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kevin Willis like arms from the '80s.

[/QUOTE]

NO YOU DIDN'T!! LOL...Kevin Willis and the world's only 7 footer with 31" arms...lol...

What a blast from the past...the immortal Kevin Willis....he was actually pretty good for a few years..

Personally, I like Vonleh more than Randle...bigger, stronger and more potential...IMO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Agreed

I'm thinking there are a lot of good Forwards, Parker, Randle, Early and even the scoring machine, Doug McDermott, but I feel our biggest needs are a Center so try and get Embiid.  I feel we are OK at F with Oly, Sully and try to keep Hump. Johnson too can play F or G. But there is controversy about all our Gs, Rondo, is he the leader we want, A. Bradley, good defender, and then dime a dozen Pressey and Bayless.  So, if we get Embiid, I'd draft a G for 2 pick, Wiggens, local boy Napier...as good a play maker as Rondo and a better shooter or Gary Harris. If we don't get Embiid, then draft the best F available & use some of our 10 picks in the next couple of years to get Asik or Gortat.  I would have Kaminsky on our radar for C next year. Would give up 2-3 picks for him. Oh, get rid of Wallace anyway possible & Bass & Green too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Napier really doesn't have Rondo's court vision or control of the ball (Rondo's hands), so to say that Napier is as good a playmaker is a stretch. Rondo has a proven NBA pedigree against the "best players in the world" and Napier has played for UConn.  There is a lot of proving to do before anyone can say that Napier makes Rondo redundant.  It's more the other way around, just as Rondo is a universe better than Pressey.  So right now, Napier is a "nice" player that has yet to play a single NBA game.  Based on the Harrisons' play, I think they should remain in school.  Smaller guards ate their lunches on offense, and they were useless on defense; they played scared against UConn - not ready or mature enough yet. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I probably go with Wiggins with first pick, although it would be tough to pass on Embiid.  Stauskas, McDaniels, or Anderson with the second in that order. McDaniels being the most likely to be left at our pick. 

Then try to use Rondo to get back into the Lottery to take Smart or Ennis.  then run a fire sale on Green, Bradley, Bass, and Humphs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Embiid wont be there

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Embiid wont be there

[/QUOTE]

Well "ideal" makes it seem like the PO is suggesting we get lucky with the #1 pick. Or do you think Embiid is staying in school?

I agree however we prob. don't get a top 3 and will have to choose between Randle, Exum, and Smart. None of which really rock my boat.

In which case though, I'd take Exum.  Randle is def. more NBA ready but I'm just sick of short armed PFs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

A guy who can create his own shot, and then can actually make it. Barring getting Embiid, Parker orWiggins, can Exum shoot ?  Can anyone recall if  Jordan was a great shooter, or did he develop the shot as he matured ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]

A guy who can create his own shot, and then can actually make it. Barring getting Embiid, Parker orWiggins, can Exum shoot ?  Can anyone recall if  Jordan was a great shooter, or did he develop the shot as he matured ?

[/QUOTE]

Well, no one has really seen him play, but.......rumor has it he can create his own shot better than any guard in the draft.

He is being kept very low profile, because he wants to play for the lakers...........he could be a "Brian Shaw" and decide to stay in AUS if he's not drafted by them!  Same agent as koME!

But, to your point, that's what some of the draftologists were saying out here as recently as two weeks ago.....................hope that helps!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Aaron Gordon then Shabazz Napier, trade Rondo to Detroit for one of there centers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamar. Show hedleylamar's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, no one has really seen him play, but.......rumor has it he can create his own shot better than any guard in the draft.

He is being kept very low profile, because he wants to play for the lakers...........he could be a "Brian Shaw" and decide to stay in AUS if he's not drafted by them!  Same agent as koME!

But, to your point, that's what some of the draftologists were saying out here as recently as two weeks ago.....................hope that helps!

[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone want to play for the Lakers?

Just sayin'

Stay chill!

Sections
Shortcuts