Ideal season ending situation: Celtics vs. Thunder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGBeast. Show KGBeast's posts

Ideal season ending situation: Celtics vs. Thunder

I've been secretly wishing for this since the beginning of the season, and it is becomming ever more likely. As a TRUE celtics fan, who wouldn't want to see OKC vs. BOS in the finals. I don't care if we get swept. It would be a glorious way to end the year. That team in OKC is just amazing to watch. I would love to welcome Perk back to the TD Garden. I'm sick of commentators saying its the Heats year to win. Its OKC's year. That team's 3-4 year rebuilding is as remarkable as our 1-year turnaround. They have a dynasty in the making. Anyone else agree?

And on Lebron. Its so easy to hate on him. He does deserve a title, but not on a stacked team. I want the Heat to be blown up. I want Lebron to LEAD some young to-be talented players, not see the alum scum of the NBA slither over to long beach to catch a free ride to the finals. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Ideal season ending situation: Celtics vs. Thunder

I'd prefer Celts vs. Spurs. But any team still has a loooong way to go to get to the finals. One step at a time. I agree, as woyld anyone on this board, with the sentiment re. Miami. Why does LeBron deserve a title anyway?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Totally understand your thinking after tonite's big win,
    but still premature.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Ideal season ending situation: Celtics vs. Thunder:
    I'd prefer Celts vs. Spurs. But any team still has a loooong way to go to get to the finals. One step at a time. I agree, as woyld anyone on this board, with the sentiment re. Miami. Why does LeBron deserve a title anyway?
    Posted by basketbert

Agree

Waaaay too early

and prefer Spurs

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Add me to the list of folks who suggest we take it one series at a time, but if we were to get to the finals, I'd LOVE to see the Celtics vs Spurs. Love the way the Spurs play the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

I will go watch the celtics play either the Spurs or Thunder. Friends in both places to help with tickets.  A good friend of my roomed with Maurice Cheeks in college. We may hit him up for some tickets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I hate the Lakers, especially after game 7 two years ago but don't count them out yet. OKC shot 60-65% 1st 3 qtrs game 1 but tonight they weren't falling. LA up by 7 tonight with 2 min to go. Why ? Bynum & Bryant 20 pts each and Gasol 14 pts and rebs were 41-36 so 5 extra chances for LA but the Biggies really controlled the paint winning with 46 to 34 points.  Now the series switches to LA and their two 7 footers will always keep them close if OKC shoots anywhere from 35-45%.

Again, don't count them out yet. I got 3 out of 4 on my personal parlay today, Celtics win & Lakers & Yankees lose but Sox lose to a team I hate almost as much as the Yankees, Tampa Bay !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Lakers used up what was in the tank last night.  With back to backs coming, the lakers will probably lose both but might win one.

If there was any rest available I'd say the Lakers have a shot but as is I'm ready to say it...write them off.  Put a fork in them.  They're done.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

I would rather play anyone but the THUNDER!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Ideal season ending situation: Celtics vs. Thunder:
    I've been secretly wishing for this since the beginning of the season, and it is becomming ever more likely. As a TRUE celtics fan, who wouldn't want to see OKC vs. BOS in the finals. I don't care if we get swept. It would be a glorious way to end the year. That team in OKC is just amazing to watch. I would love to welcome Perk back to the TD Garden. I'm sick of commentators saying its the Heats year to win. Its OKC's year. That team's 3-4 year rebuilding is as remarkable as our 1-year turnaround. They have a dynasty in the making. Anyone else agree? And on Lebron. Its so easy to hate on him. He does deserve a title, but not on a stacked team. I want the Heat to be blown up. I want Lebron to LEAD some young to-be talented players, not see the alum scum of the NBA slither over to long beach to catch a free ride to the finals. Thoughts?
    Posted by KGBeast

It's more likely to be the Spurs vs. the Celtics in the NBA Finals, at the end of which banner #18 will hang in the Garden in June!  I can't foresee a happy ending with a Celtics loss!

As Always,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Once the spurs and OKC play, we will have a better idea how Celts would fare against OKC, because Spurs play similar to Celtics...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Let's beat Philly first...........let's secretly root for Indy.......and then?  Who cares????

Sections
Shortcuts