Idiot fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Idiot fans

in every city.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Idiot fans

I was in the streets of Boston after being at game 6 in '08 and didn't hear any gunshots or see any burning cars... we are title town though, with 7 rings in 10 years.... old hat

Seems more likely to happen in thug life/2Pac/Rodney King city and the wild wild west of OKC where so many of those cowboys still own guns.... not in the city with the highest percentage of college degrees in the U.S.

Just to be a sterotypical as possible:-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

http://boston.sbnation.com/new-england-patriots/2012/2/5/2774337/super-bowl-2012-riots-break-out-at-umass-amherst-after-patriots-loss

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Idiot fans:

I was talking about a CELTIC win, not a Patriot loss... and those riots on a campus were nothing like LA's... AND 100 MILES AWAY

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

You should probably do some research before posting a "riot at UMASS Amherst" article to support your premise.  The school has around 30,000 surrounded by....get ready for....absolutely nothing.  Biggest party school in the state for that very reason. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Yeah, and can you believe those idoit kids at kent state!

Seriously though, whomever was shooting guns in OKC was likely not the liscenced, NRA type of "cowboy" that you're thinking of.  Cowboy types (and I'm not one at all but I grew up with them) have been taught a healthy respect for guns at an early age.  They're not the type to care about "popping off a couple caps" in celebration.  In fact, shooting guns to them is probably old hat.

I understand this post is in reaction to people that stereotyped LA fans for the Blake facebook deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I understand this post is in reaction to people that stereotyped LA fans for the Blake facebook deal.
    Posted by cole-ely

Yup. I understand the animosity between cities and all, especially on this board. But the bottom line is that all major cities have idiots, and how far these incidents go probably has more to do with the city's law enforcement than the people themselves.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yeah, and can you believe those idoit kids at kent state! Seriously though, whomever was shooting guns in OKC was likely not the liscenced, NRA type of "cowboy" that you're thinking of.  Cowboy types (and I'm not one at all but I grew up with them) have been taught a healthy respect for guns at an early age.  They're not the type to care about "popping off a couple caps" in celebration.  In fact, shooting guns to them is probably old hat. I understand this post is in reaction to people that stereotyped LA fans for the Blake facebook deal.
    Posted by cole-ely

I was being tounge in cheek intentionally sterotypical

and while it is true that all cities have idiots, and Boston's full of college kids, and that raises the # 18-24 year olds who love to drink and party...

...Boston is generally considered the most intelligent city in the U.S. (I live in CT, I'm not arrogantly touted my own home here) and it has FAR less idiots, thugs, gun-owners, etc. than places like LA and OKC

not really going out on a limb there

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Idiot fans : I was being tounge in cheek intentionally sterotypical and while it is true that all cities have idiots, and Boston's full of college kids, and that raises the # 18-24 year olds who love to drink and party... ...Boston is generally considered the most intelligent city in the U.S. (I live in CT, I'm not arrogantly touted my own home here) and it has FAR less idiots, thugs, gun-owners, etc. than places like LA and OKC not really going out on a limb there
    Posted by rameakap

You are aware that Boston's population is 600,000? What are there about 16 to 20 million in LA? With Mexican drug cartels feeding the entire populous via so cal. We are talking 2 very distinct worlds which you have NO clue about. Try living down there for one month if you're man enough. Didn't think so. Been there. Scary is the word.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Idiot fans : You are aware that Boston's population is 600,000? What are there about 16 to 20 million in LA? With Mexican drug cartels feeding the entire populous via so cal. We are talking 2 very distinct worlds which you have NO clue about. Try living down there for one month if you're man enough. Didn't think so. Been there. Scary is the word.
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES

I lived in Silver Lake for 6 weeks in 2007. Needed to leave New England for a summer and stayed with a buddy. Dingy little Apt. on Coronado Terrace off Sunset Blvd. Ate a lot of fish taco's, did some surfing, bartended and dealt with smog and sketchy people. You are right, it is a different world. Rich apathetic fans with little clue about the sport of basketball reside in Staples and then the thugs and criminals who can't afford the games riot, burn and fire off guns.

I've never spent more than 3-4 days with friends in Boston, but have visited that city every 1-2 months for 10 years and it is a pleasant and wonderful place where the average person you meet on the streets can also afford and attend a few Celts/Sox games a year and the people who claim to be Celtic fans actually know about the sport.

Isn't the point of this thread, started by a Faker fan, that both cities and OKC and all the others, are to be equally included as riotous and full of idiots?

Cuz Flobus is wrong... LA is inhabited by a FAR greater percentage of losers and degenerates and dangerous people that do little to improve our society than Boston is. I know from personal experience.

Don't even ATTEMPT to compare them

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In Response to Re: Idiot fans : I lived in Silver Lake for 6 weeks in 2007. Needed to leave New England for a summer and stayed with a buddy. Dingy little Apt. on Coronado Terrace off Sunset Blvd. Ate a lot of fish taco's, did some surfing, bartended and dealt with smog and sketchy people. You are right, it is a different world. Rich apathetic fans with little clue about the sport of basketball reside in Staples and then the thugs and criminals who can't afford the games riot, burn and fire off guns. I've never spent more than 3-4 days with friends in Boston, but have visited that city every 1-2 months for 10 years and it is a pleasant and wonderful place where the average person you meet on the streets can also afford and attend a few Celts/Sox games a year and the people who claim to be Celtic fans actually know about the sport. Isn't the point of this thread, started by a Faker fan, that both cities and OKC and all the others, are to be equally included as riotous and full of idiots? Cuz Flobus is wrong... LA is inhabited by a FAR greater percentage of losers and degenerates and dangerous people that do little to improve our society than Boston is. I know from personal experience. Don't even ATTEMPT to compare them
    Posted by rameakap

Wow , you lived here for six weeks and now you are a expert on all things going on in Los Angeles?

And Los Angeles was a great place till all the trash from other states came here

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In Response to Re: Idiot fans : You are aware that Boston's population is 600,000? What are there about 16 to 20 million in LA? With Mexican drug cartels feeding the entire populous via so cal. We are talking 2 very distinct worlds which you have NO clue about. Try living down there for one month if you're man enough. Didn't think so. Been there. Scary is the word.
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES

The population of the City of Los Angeles is a little under four million. And if the people of America would get off drugs it would put the cartels out of business. think about that if you or your friends use. I have lived in and around this area all my life and i am not scared ?

And if Boston is such a big party town , I wonder how many there are lighting up

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hey dirty, the guy told me to 'try living there for a month' and I told him I did for 6 weeks...

I didn't say I was an expert on anything, I said I was making tounge in cheek stereotypical remarks... but he wanted to get in my face so I told him I know a bit about he city, it is completely different than Boston, and that difference has a lot to do with the types of people who are MORE LIKELY TO RIOT and cause trouble

proving Flobus WRONG, which was my entire goal

so get off your high horse and accept the reality of what my points were.... and yeah, Boston has TONS of college kids... LIKE I SAID... and lots of liberal/hippie tyopes... so there are many people 'lighting up' but will the city erupt in ignorant violent anger to the degree LA will?

NOPE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

One of  the reasons I  love SF(the west coast Bay Area)…been here 45 years---is that it is very similar to Boston, a nice quaint town, hills, seafood where on the freedom trail you'll see Boston Common, Ben Franklin statue, site of Boston Massacre, Paul Revere's House, The Old North Church, the USS Constitution, the Bunker Hill Monument etc. and more.  As in SF, Boston is a great walking city and one of many nice neighborhoods, Beacon Hill with narrow, tree shaded streets lined with old brownstones and townhouses is really very lovely.

LA is a big sprawling metropolis that I would not call quaint.  Westwood, near UCLA, seems like one of the nicest and safest in which to walk.  Boston is much more of a college town with safe areas in which to walk.  Sf & San Diego are more like Boston with a waterfront within walking distance of the city. LA goes out miles to Santa Monica to the Ocean.  LA has smog & Hollywood Blvd is trolled by bunch of junkies, pimps, hookers, transvestites, bookies, vagabonds, hoodlums etc. Guess what ???  Many of these are fans.  At Staples,  the TVs show Jack Nicholson and all the tinsel town stars at the choice seats near the court.  But up in the stands, it's a dangerous area for Laker opponent fans.  How about MLB opening day when Dodgers beat Giants yet taunted SF fan, a family man with children, argued back & got severely beaten and was in a coma for 6 months and still has not recovered.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

One of  the reasons I  love SF(the west coast Bay Area)…been here 45 years---is that it is very similar to Boston, a nice quaint town, hills, seafood where on the freedom trail you'll see Boston Common, Ben Franklin statue, site of Boston Massacre, Paul Revere's House, The Old North Church, the USS Constitution, the Bunker Hill Monument etc. and more.  As in SF, Boston is a great walking city and one of many nice neighborhoods, Beacon Hill with narrow, tree shaded streets lined with old brownstones and townhouses is really very lovely. LA is a big sprawling metropolis that I would not call quaint.  Westwood, near UCLA, seems like one of the nicest and safest in which to walk.  Boston is much more of a college town with safe areas in which to walk.  Sf & San Diego are more like Boston with a waterfront within walking distance of the city. LA goes out miles to Santa Monica to the Ocean.  LA has smog & Hollywood Blvd is trolled by bunch of junkies, pimps, hookers, transvestites, bookies, vagabonds, hoodlums etc. Guess what ???  Many of these are fans.  At Staples,  the TVs show Jack Nicholson and all the tinsel town stars at the choice seats near the court.  But up in the stands, it's a dangerous area for Laker opponent fans.  How about MLB opening day when Dodgers beat Giants yet taunted SF fan, a family man with children, argued back & got severely beaten and was in a coma for 6 months and still has not recovered.
    Posted by mandobello

Have actually ever been here or been to a game at Staples?  or do you just like bashing the City?

There is much more to L.A. than Hollywood Blvd. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Lived in both - by the way - LA is listed as having "only" THREE million people living in it!!
    Weather - LA
    Passion - BOS
    Beaches - tie - LA if you like bigger waves
    genuiness of people - BOS every day and twice on Sundays!!
    Traffic - LA
    Schools..................hate to say it  - LA!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Idiot fans : Have actually ever been here or been to a game at Staples?  or do you just like bashing the City? There is much more to L.A. than Hollywood Blvd. 
    Posted by dirty52

Living in SF bay area for 45 years and having worked for a company that had a branch in LA and having worked there, yup, I know LA.  I have also been to Staples and have also seen many Lakers games here when they play GS Warriors. Originally, from New England, I like the many beach towns, Newport, Laguna etc. all the way down to San Diego. My wife has relatives in San Diego & we visit by car 3-4 times per year so we connect to the 405 coming down Hwy 5 or the 101, and as I said it's a smaller town & a bit more simlar to Boston, especially with its waterfront.

What I mean really is that LA, a very big spread out city as opposed to Manhattan(good walking city too) and does not have the quaintness of Boston, SF or San Diego !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Hey dirty, the guy told me to 'try living there for a month' and I told him I did for 6 weeks... I didn't say I was an expert on anything, I said I was making tounge in cheek stereotypical remarks... but he wanted to get in my face so I told him I know a bit about he city, it is completely different than Boston, and that difference has a lot to do with the types of people who are MORE LIKELY TO RIOT and cause trouble proving Flobus WRONG, which was my entire goal so get off your high horse and accept the reality of what my points were.... and yeah, Boston has TONS of college kids... LIKE I SAID... and lots of liberal/hippie tyopes... so there are many people 'lighting up' but will the city erupt in ignorant violent anger to the degree LA will? NOPE
    Posted by rameakap

Actually did it not erupt in violence during the school busing riots in the 70's?

I would call that ignorant violent anger

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES

16-20 million?? LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Idiot fans : I lived in Silver Lake for 6 weeks in 2007. Needed to leave New England for a summer and stayed with a buddy. Dingy little Apt. on Coronado Terrace off Sunset Blvd. Ate a lot of fish taco's, did some surfing, bartended and dealt with smog and sketchy people. You are right, it is a different world. Rich apathetic fans with little clue about the sport of basketball reside in Staples and then the thugs and criminals who can't afford the games riot, burn and fire off guns. I've never spent more than 3-4 days with friends in Boston, but have visited that city every 1-2 months for 10 years and it is a pleasant and wonderful place where the average person you meet on the streets can also afford and attend a few Celts/Sox games a year and the people who claim to be Celtic fans actually know about the sport. Isn't the point of this thread, started by a Faker fan, that both cities and OKC and all the others, are to be equally included as riotous and full of idiots? Cuz Flobus is wrong... LA is inhabited by a FAR greater percentage of losers and degenerates and dangerous people that do little to improve our society than Boston is. I know from personal experience. Don't even ATTEMPT to compare them
    Posted by rameakap

Are you aware that L.A. county (what most use as the definition of "L.A.") also includes the cities of Burbank, Santa Clarita, Calabasas, Malibu, Westlake Village, Pasadena, Palos Verdes, Manhattan Beach and Marina Del Rey? 

Like Boston, every major city has its good and not so good areas. It is unfortunate you had a bad experience while you were here for six weeks. That doesn't make you an authority, however.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Idiot fans : The population of the City of Los Angeles is a little under four million. And if the people of America would get off drugs it would put the cartels out of business. think about that if you or your friends use. I have lived in and around this area all my life and i am not scared ? And if Boston is such a big party town , I wonder how many there are lighting up
    Posted by dirty52

not a user and I see your points. not sure about 4 mill in LA last time I googled it.

Sections
Shortcuts