IF Asik and Monroe are NOT Available...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

IF Asik and Monroe are NOT Available...

Lets assume that Morey isn't blowing smoke and now wants to keep Asik or Monroe (to Wizards?) and Asik are moved to other teams...

Do you pass on filling the Center position as a near term priority and focus on other positions or this:

Phoenix is playing well with Plumlee at Center and their first round pick Len is developing very well.  Okafor 6'11" 260lbs, 31 years, career 12 PPG, 10 RPG has been injured and is now dispensible. He would be a highly flexible asset with an expiring contract and/or high value in a future trade or keep him as a solid defensive minded good rebounder as our Center for 3-4 years.

They now have Bledsoe at PG which moved Dragic (19 PPG and 6 APG) to SG, but at 6'2" he is undersized and vulnerable on D at that position.  He is a very capable PG with a solid all around game.

The Suns have 4 - 2014 first round picks and 3 second round picks!! and will likely leverage at least one of those.

Rondo and Green to Suns

Okafor, Dragic and 2014 1st round pick, 2014 second round pick to Celtics

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: IF Asik and Monroe are NOT Available...

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Lets assume that Morey isn't blowing smoke and now wants to keep Asik or Monroe (to Wizards?) and Asik are moved to other teams...

Do you pass on filling the Center position as a near term priority and focus on other positions or this:

Phoenix is playing well with Plumlee at Center and their first round pick Len is developing very well.  Okafor 6'11" 260lbs, 31 years, career 12 PPG, 10 RPG has been injured and is now dispensible. He would be a highly flexible asset with an expiring contract and/or high value in a future trade or keep him as a solid defensive minded good rebounder as our Center for 3-4 years.

They now have Bledsoe at PG which moved Dragic (19 PPG and 6 APG) to SG, but at 6'2" he is undersized and vulnerable on D at that position.  He is a very capable PG with a solid all around game.

The Suns have 4 - 2014 first round picks and 3 second round picks!! and will likely leverage at least one of those.

Rondo and Green to Suns

I like both players.  However, Okafor has been hurt all year, and may never play again.  They also have Gerald Green at SF, so I think Jeff is redundant.

I would prefer to save up for Hayward..........or Monroe if need be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Rondo and Green to Suns

I like both players.  However, Okafor has been hurt all year, and may never play again.  They also have Gerald Green at SF, so I think Jeff is redundant.

Another so called celtics fan who wants to dump Rondo and Green.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd trade Green. Rondo and Favarani for Jennings, Monroe and Charlie V's expiring contract.

Substitute Wallace for Green and I'd give up the Nets/Hawk pick lotto protected, two future 1st rd picks (top 10 protected) if 2014 pick falls in the lotto. Unlikely Hawks land in it though.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

I'd trade Green. Rondo and Favarani for Jennings, Monroe and Charlie V's expiring contract.

Substitute Wallace for Green and I'd give up the Nets/Hawk pick lotto protected, two future 1st rd picks (top 10 protected) if 2014 pick falls in the lotto. Unlikely Hawks land in it though.

Eldunko's thread says "what if Asik and Monroe are NOT available".

And you propose Rondo, Green, and Fav for Jennings, Monroe, and Charlie V.

Comprehension problems?

HAHAHA

"You just missed last call. I can slip you a draft but you're gonna have to get those hefers out of my sight. You're welcome".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo and Green to Suns

"they have Gerald Green at SF"...  That is exactly why they need Green or a legit starting SF.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rondo and Green to Suns

"they have Gerald Green at SF"...  That is exactly why they need Green or a legit starting SF.

Respectfully disagree.  Why would they trade Dragic for a redundant player?  Gerald is averaging 13.9 PPG this year.  I think that's "legit."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Rondo and Green to Suns

THE VIEW FROM PHX AZ :

1. the Suns are playing well enough that any thoughts of tanking for a high pick are long gone !

2. the Suns have played well enough that the talk yesterday on PHX radio was: A) The Suns have earned the right to play this one out together , and no one is going to be traded

B) The Suns ARE looking to make a trade - but only to add a vet to the mix , they are not looking to move anyone

Also, Bledsoe and Dragic are GREAT together , stop looking at Dragic as the backup or even as the #2 guard when they are on the floor together , the Suns are not looking to trade Dragic

Okafor makes more than Hump , doesn't he ? He is expiring isn't he ? Why would the Celtics want another guy like that, they can't even get anything for Hump ? Plus, would they even be allowed to flip Okafor at the deadline ? Don't they have to keep a player acquired in trade a certain amount of time ?

Plus, the Celtics already have enough draft picks !

BAD TRADE ! THUMBS DOWN .....

Sections
Shortcuts