If Boston decides to trade Rondo....

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: If Boston decides to trade Rondo....

Both trades would be huge changes depending on the draft and if draft picks were included.  I do not see Boston doing it without the draft picks you included in the trades.  I see no reason to trade Rondo unless we get a #1 draft pick in the lottery.  Interesting post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Jeez mossad! Only one thing comes to mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBR0oNp9A7c

I can't see either one of those teams trading their own 1st round pick for Rondo. As it stands now, both teams are a looking at a top 6 pick or better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think Stevens is ultimately going to want Gordon Haywood. I could see Rondo for Haywood, Burke and a #1 and maybe some other pieces.

Stevens is going to want his own guy and with Haywood's contract being in limbo, that may be the move to make.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Why there is so much talk about Stevens wanting Hayward?  This reminds me of Doc wanting draft/coach his son.  To me, Hayward is just another average NBA player, maybe he has potential to be above average.  Great college player, but not so much at the next level.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

True but keep in mind we need a backup plan besides Parker and Wiggins. The only way we get worse is for Ainge to just start dumping guys. We HAVE to get top 2 to get either one...not top 4 or 5 because they will both be gone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

I don't see these happening, although it is not impossible.  Don't forget, these teams are going to want Rondo to sign an extension if they trade anything significant for him, not just a 1 or 1.5 year rental.  Do you really think he would sign one to go to... Utah?  Or to rebuild with Orlando?  I don't know, maybe he would but I doubt it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Why there is so much talk about Stevens wanting Hayward?  This reminds me of Doc wanting draft/coach his son.  To me, Hayward is just another average NBA player, maybe he has potential to be above average.

Stevens is going to need someone he's familiar you with that can transfer his message to the locker room. THis is why Doc wanted KG so badly. Stevens doesn't have a ton of players in the NBA who have played for him. Every coach wants a leader who can get his message across and police the locker room...we don't have that guy yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Why there is so much talk about Stevens wanting Hayward?  This reminds me of Doc wanting draft/coach his son.  To me, Hayward is just another average NBA player, maybe he has potential to be above average.

Stevens is going to need someone he's familiar you with that can transfer his message to the locker room. THis is why Doc wanted KG so badly. Stevens doesn't have a ton of players in the NBA who have played for him. Every coach wants a leader who can get his message across and police the locker room...we don't have that guy yet.

This is Stevens saying or this is what you think Stevens is thinking?

To me, Stevens is just buying his time.  He knows this is rebuilding, and 3-4 years down the road, that is when the rubber will meet the road.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

This is Stevens saying or this is what you think Stevens is thinking?

To me, Stevens is just buying his time.  He knows this is rebuilding, and 3-4 years down the road, that is when the rubber will meet the road.

Well of course Stevens hasn't said that. I'm thinking that even if the C's land Parker or Wiggins...they will be rookies and no coach is going to turn his team over to a rookie. He will still need a few vets to get his word across. Personally I just don't see that player on the team right now...he inherited this team

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Well of course Stevens hasn't said that. I'm thinking that even if the C's land Parker or Wiggins...they will be rookies and no coach is going to turn his team over to a rookie. He will still need a few vets to get his word across. Personally I just don't see that player on the team right now...he inherited this team

Better talents is what Stevens need.  Have a few all-star level players and the rest is pretty easy, role players and supporting casts are not that hard to find after that.  You can trade for Hayward but you don't get to draft or trade for anyone that are really good, then Hayward is not going to do anything for you.  And Ainge is the one calling the shot, and he is not going to trade for Hayward because Stevens feels he needs someone that he coached before to provide leadership.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

Mossad - while I agree that they both have the type assets the C's would want in return... are you just looking for possible partners or are you suggesting that these trades are in the other team's best interest.  Each is in full rebuild mode.  If you think Burke + Hayward + 1st round pick is great for the C's (and you may be right) why isn't it by default a bad trade for Utah who is amazingly even younger and farther away than the C's.  If you're Utah, forget the draf tpick fo you trade your starting young backcourt for a late 20's PG coming off of knee surgery (and I ask this a one of us here that think he's a very good PG, just not top-3/5 elite)?  Same question for Orlando (Olodipo + #1 + Contract(s) to equalize $$).  I also see above that you have included JGreen in the trades as well which complicates the $$ that needs to go mvoe as well.

If we are looking to move Rondo for pieces I can't see another full fledged rebuilding team being the trade partner.  And since very few other teams have the PG need and the combination that we would want is another reason to expect Rondo to not be traded.

That said DA is capable of trying anything... :)

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

there are only 2 teams i feel have the assets and contracts that can get it done.

Boston:                                                            Utah:

SF R. Jefferson (1yr $11.05M)                         PG R. Rondo

C A. Biedrines (1yr $9M)                                 SF G. Wallace

F M. Williams (1yr $7.5M)                                SF J. Green

PG T. Burke (4yrs $2.5M)                                C V. Faverani

G A. Burks (2yrs $2.2M)                                  SG M. Brooks

C R. Gobert (4yrs $1.1M)

2014 1st Rd pick (Utah)

Boston:                                                              Orlando:

SF H. Turkoglu (1yr $12M)                                  PG R. Rondo

PG J. Nelson (2yrs $8.6M)                                  SF J. Green

PF G. Davis (2yrs $6.4M)                                    PF B. Bass

SF T. Harris (2yrs $1.5M)                                   SG C. Lee

SG V. Oladipo (4yrs $4.8M)                                SG M. Brooks

2014 1st Rd pick (Orlando)

2014 1st Rd pick (Denver)

Wait a minute....are these two trade proposals??????

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:

there are only 2 teams i feel have the assets and contracts that can get it done.

C R. Gobert (4yrs $1.1M)

2014 1st Rd pick (Utah)

yes....

So you're thinking that Danny Ainge and Dennis Lindsey (Utah Jazz GM)/Rob Hennigan (Magic GM) are just going to swap teams?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

C R. Gobert (4yrs $1.1M)

2014 1st Rd pick (Utah)

yes....

So you really think a GM will give you 3 Expiring contracts, 3 young prospects, and THIER 2014 1ST Rounder?!?!? CMON MAN.  I mean I'm the biggest Green supporter even though he litterally disapears while on the court, but no GM will give up that much for a guy that shows up to 50% of games and another guy who has not even played this season.  And if you try and say well theres 3 other guys in there too, just stop.  Fav is not the Center savior everyone on here thinks he is, Brooks can't even get burn with one of the worst teams in the NBA, and GWall has a top 5 worst contract in the NBA.  I love fake trades but this is just ridiculous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

In response to KJandHondo's comment:

C R. Gobert (4yrs $1.1M)

2014 1st Rd pick (Utah)

yes....

So you really think a GM will give you 3 Expiring contracts, 3 young prospects, and THIER 2014 1ST Rounder?!?!? CMON MAN.  I mean I'm the biggest Green supporter even though he litterally disapears while on the court, but no GM will give up that much for a guy that shows up to 50% of games and another guy who has not even played this season.  And if you try and say well theres 3 other guys in there too, just stop.  Fav is not the Center savior everyone on here thinks he is, Brooks can't even get burn with one of the worst teams in the NBA, and GWall has a top 5 worst contract in the NBA.  I love fake trades but this is just ridiculous.

And yes, I'm just going to ignore that Orlando trade because Oladipo (potential franchise player/All-star) and 2 2014 1st rounders is simply the craziest thing I've read on these boards.  There is absolutely NO scenario where any players on the Celtics Roster will get you that period.  Unless the Orlando GM suits up for an NFL game and gets concussed to the point of not being able to formulate logical thoughts this is not remotely possible. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

yup, that's what it will take to get Rondo away from Boston... thanks for the feedback.

I don't wanna come off as a jerk here....but that's a little out of control. You're talking 11-12 player swaps. Those don't happen. These teams just don't get any better. I don't think Utah and Orlando are going to jump ship on the two guys they just drafted, plus add picks in this draft. Given the talent on Utah and Orlando, those picks will end up being high picks when you factor the Celtics players coming over (especially Utah given the depth of the West). Orlando really likes Oladipo, Vucevic, and Harris (Tobias isn't a bad player at all) and probably will want to build around that before they blow it up. They need a point guard, so if he's available there's no way they end up not drafting Marcus Smart. Then you try and sign a FA big in 2015 (ZBo and Aldridge could both be available). Now if you're Orlando you're looking great with Smart, Oladipo, Harris, ZBo/Aldridge, Vucevic with Harkless, Afflalo etc coming off the bench. You're young and deep with vets at some big positions.

There are much easier ways to get rid of Rondo.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts